• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just drove a 2016 ZO6

My good friend just let me drive his new 2016 ZO6. I've never considered a Corvette to be on my radar, but this car is fantastic. It looks great and drives even better. Yeah we all know the Corvette stigma, but this ZO6 is no joke. The quality and technology built into these cars is incredible, and it can be driven as tame or as aggressive as you want.

After driving it I can't see spending $170k+ on the new NSX when you can have a 650hp/650tq, 7spd MT, beast, at your disposal for a tad over $80k well optioned.

Yeah, it's a beast. Represents the good ol' US of A on the world stage very well.

I had a student last year with a "regular" Corvette and the eight speed automatic and was skeptical going in given it was an automatic. But the tranny and the car were awesome. I can only imagine just how good an MT Z06 is.

I've never owned a Corvette but given the option of a seven speed Z06 MT or an Gen 2 NSX with the auto I'm going to go with the Corvette all day if the money was the same. Of course there are other options when you're talking at this level of performance but, for me, the experience of owning a "sports car" without a third pedal is not even an option. I know the autos are better too. I just don't like being eliminated from the equation.

After seeing the C7 Z06 in person, I could'nt bring myself to buy a base C7. It's like a woman, it needs curves. The C7 Z06 is my kinda woman, curves in the right places.:wink: And like a woman, the better the curves, the more $$ you'll need.

While on a recent work-related trip, a colleague and I visited nearby Chevrolet and Porsche dealerships. The Chevy dealer had 3 C7 Z06's on the showroom floor...nice cars, gorgeous engines. The base C7 convertible was no slouch, either. I can think of no other cars that give you the bang-for-the-buck that these cars do. However, afterwards I kept finding myself thinking of the late model Cayman S that I sat in and wonder if I wouldn't be happier with that car 5 years from now.

... afterwards I kept finding myself thinking of the late model Cayman S that I sat in and wonder if I wouldn't be happier with that car 5 years from now.

You owe it to yourself to test drive the new Z06. My friend who has the Z06 has owned five Porsches and two NSX's. This is his first American car and he's sold on not getting another Porsche.

The ZO6 will start falling apart in a few months and depreciate faster than real estate in Raqqa. We'll be driving our NSXs long after that car has been recycled into litter boxes and paper clips. Le plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. At least he's given up on the German crap. :)

I feel about the same way. For me, I wouldn't go Z06 though due to the heat soak issues. I do love the grand sport though, NA power with all the other go fast goodies off the Z06.

If I am spending the 100K that most Z06's are going for, I think I would just opt to find a Viper TA or ACR if I could find one. I would spend the $150K on an ACR all day know what it can beat on the track once I have the balls to drive it there.

The grand-sport on track tires would be my choice for a track vette.....the acr would be less comfortable but you would get more action in the garage if that is your thing.

The ZO6 will start falling apart in a few months and depreciate faster than real estate in Raqqa. We'll be driving our NSXs long after that car has been recycled into litter boxes and paper clips. Le plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. At least he's given up on the German crap. :)

I know numerous people who own later model ZO6s. None have fallen apart. One might criticize the earlier C5 and C6 cars for so-so interior fit and finish but overall reliability just isn't a problem.

Drove the Z06, very unimpressed with the entire experience. Wanted to like it but just hated it from the first mile.

Drove the Z06, very unimpressed with the entire experience. Wanted to like it but just hated it from the first mile.
In what capacity? You go to the grocery store for a loaf of bread or something? That car is an absolute monster on the Track and can outperform your nsx in virtually every category except exclusivity.

Send me a few links to cheap c6 z06's. They have held their value quite well in the $35-$45k range.

In what capacity? You go to the grocery store for a loaf of bread or something? That car is an absolute monster on the Track and can outperform your nsx in virtually every category except exclusivity.

What makes you think I have an NSX that I am comparing it to? Why don't you spend a little more time proof reading your post before mouthing off like an idiot. I personally thought that compared to my Porsche and my LFA and a friends Aston dBS, that the Z06 felt like a Chevy Impala with a few extra HP. Simple. I didn't like the driving experience. It is a decent track car, but it still feels cheaply built. Sorry you don't agree, that is why we all are entitled to our opinions. BTW have you ever driven a Z06? What other cars have you driven that you feel competent to compare it to?

What makes you think I have an NSX that I am comparing it to? Why don't you spend a little more time proof reading your post before mouthing off like an idiot. I personally thought that compared to my Porsche and my LFA and a friends Aston dBS, that the Z06 felt like a Chevy Impala with a few extra HP. Simple. I didn't like the driving experience. It is a decent track car, but it still feels cheaply built. Sorry you don't agree, that is why we all are entitled to our opinions. BTW have you ever driven a Z06? What other cars have you driven that you feel competent to compare it to?
I know that Peiserg has driven many "super" cars, both on and off the track. He's (and all of us are) entitled to his opinion, and I greatly respect his opinion. I don't think that he "mouthed off like an idiot" in his post. Sometimes a person's interpretation of what someone has said via the internet, is "misinterpreted". Let's all treat each other with respect!!

peiserg is not an idiot....he is a savant....

Love my Vette. Picked it up for $32k w/30k and a Procharger (680WHp) a few years ago. Put a Supervettes Widebody kit on it and a set of Caravaggio Dytona Race seats. Things a beast!

If you think the vette is unreliable you're riding the brand wagon. Im still gettting 32mpg highway with 680hp on tap. Not single hiccup in 2-3years.

Gee. I check out for a week and look what happens lol. I guess this has devolved into an internet dick measuring contest? I guess if we are pulling out our rulers, ill have to contribute my 4 inches worth.

Collectively, I have about 10,000 track miles at maybe 8 to 10 tracks...

Of course I don't know your relative experience..for all I know you taught billy Johnson how to drive.

Firebird east
Firebird west
Firebird main
Inde
Arizona motorsports park
Spring mountain
Phoenix international raceway
Bondurant
Desert center (whatever that one is called)

Driven on the track
Nsx
Honda s2000
Ford GT
Ferrari 458
Aston Martin
Z06 (c6)
996 911 turbo

You didn't state what car you were comparing it to. This is an nsx website, so I went out on a limb and guessed nsx.

After seeing the C7 Z06 in person, I could'nt bring myself to buy a base C7. It's like a woman, it needs curves. The C7 Z06 is my kinda woman, curves in the right places.:wink: And like a woman, the better the curves, the more $$ you'll need.

+1 love that last statement! LOL

Gee. I check out for a week and look what happens lol. I guess this has devolved into an internet dick measuring contest? I guess if we are pulling out our rulers, ill have to contribute my 4 inches worth.

Collectively, I have about 10,000 track miles at maybe 8 to 10 tracks...

Of course I don't know your relative experience..for all I know you taught billy Johnson how to drive.

Firebird east
Firebird west
Firebird main
Inde
Arizona motorsports park
Spring mountain
Phoenix international raceway
Bondurant
Desert center (whatever that one is called)

Driven on the track
Nsx
Honda s2000
Ford GT
Ferrari 458
Aston Martin
Z06 (c6)
996 911 turbo

You didn't state what car you were comparing it to. This is an nsx website, so I went out on a limb and guessed nsx.
The brute force of the Z06 will make you forget about everything you find cheap in an American car. It is sickening how much power and strength it has. What a great way to represent America. I agree it is a freaking monster!

Back