• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just ordered some new seat covers from Ridies.com

My driver side bolster started going bad and went bad quickly.... started looking into leatherseats.com, but figured I shop around a bit more and ended up stumbling upon ridies.com

They have great reviews and incredible prices so I ordered some new synthetic leather black ones with red stitching for $250 shipped!!!

Was gonna go with the alcantera centers, but chickened out and stuck with the OEM look.

I should have them in about three weeks....probably just gonna spend @$200 to have them professionally installed since I got such a great price on these.

Will let you know how it goes!

Here are some shots of their work
6704_4f379cda-ddfe-4990-bb25-1faaa5f34445_Large.jpg

7533_NSX3_Large.jpg

7531_27901225_10155706608814442_933597639_o_Large.jpg

Last edited:
Would spent the money for professional installation.
The seats on the pictures show some crinkles on the side which should not be there normally

I purchased a set of NSX seats that I have been wanting to recover and install in my 91. This looks like a good alternative to leatherseats.com.
Once you receive and have them installed can you post pics and you're thoughts on the quality of the product.

Thanks
Joe

Last edited:
They have great reviews and incredible prices so I ordered some new synthetic leather black ones with red stitching for $250 shipped!!!

What is synthetic leather - that bonded leather stuff, ultra suede, PU leather / pleather? Those products generally don't have the long term durability of quality leather so I might be reluctant to spend the $ to have it professionally installed, especially if the installation labor exceeds the cost of the covers. If you are doing the installation yourself then go for it as a low cost solution to recovering the seats.

That looks really nice [MENTION=34822]I_M_Legend[/MENTION]

Your installer did a great job and that makes all the difference. Can you please share the approximate installation fee please? Just curious how that would compare in my area because now I'd really like to do this....

That looks really nice @I_M_Legend

Your installer did a great job and that makes all the difference. Can you please share the approximate installation fee please? Just curious how that would compare in my area because now I'd really like to do this....

Thanks!

My cushions were already in pretty good condition but I made sure that the installer puffed them up some more with steam as recommended by some. While some folks had to add some foam to fill things out, it was not necessary in my situation.

I was charged 6 hours of labor at a rate of $90 per hour. I know some folks said they paid only $200 for installation but I called numerous places in the Bay Area and this appeared to be the going rate. Did it actually take them 6 hours...I don't know. I do know that it would've taken me a lot longer and most likely I would've not done as good a job so it was worth it have it done right.

Yes, I think it's worth it to pay extra for a quality job. Having wrinkles like some of those seats would really bug me since you see them all the time.

Here's my Napa Leather with Red Stitching. I had them professionally installed. So far I'm pretty happy with them but only time will tell how durable they are.
They look very, very good indeed.

Here's my Napa Leather with Red Stitching. I had them professionally installed. So far I'm pretty happy with them but only time will tell how durable they are.

View attachment 160436

Nice!!! That's the same color and stitching I went with....looks fantastic!!! Should look great with my black with red outline floor mats

They didn't offer the Nappa leather at the time I ordered....only genuine and synthetic
Both came with the same 3 year 24K mile warranty so I just went with the synthetic

Btw. How long did it take to get them? Says three weeks on the web site....can't wait!

Last edited:
What is synthetic leather - that bonded leather stuff, ultra suede, PU leather / pleather? Those products generally don't have the long term durability of quality leather so I might be reluctant to spend the $ to have it professionally installed, especially if the installation labor exceeds the cost of the covers. If you are doing the installation yourself then go for it as a low cost solution to recovering the seats.

It came with the same 3yr 24k mile warranty, so for only $250 bucks figured why not....I have the synthetic leather in my 2015 BMW 428i it has held up great and looks and fells like leather.....saved a few bucks and a couple animals:smile:

Nice!!! That's the same color and stitching I went with....looks fantastic!!! Should look great with my black with red outline floor mats

They didn't offer the Nappa leather at the time I ordered....only genuine and synthetic
Both came with the same 3 year 24K mile warranty so I just went with the synthetic

Btw. How long did it take to get them? Says three weeks on the web site....can't wait!

Thanks!

I don't recall exactly how long it took to receive but I want to say just under 3 weeks. Shipped via DHL from India if I recall correctly.

View attachment 160436

This looks really good. I have been debating whether I should spend the money and buy the Oem leather or aftermarket but the aftermarket stuffs just don’t look good in my opinion. I want the replacement to look close to Oem as possible and this looks awesome. Did you buy it at the same place as the OP? Thanks.

This looks really good. I have been debating whether I should spend the money and buy the Oem leather or aftermarket but the aftermarket stuffs just don’t look good in my opinion. I want the replacement to look close to Oem as possible and this looks awesome. Did you buy it at the same place as the OP? Thanks.

Yes, Ridies.com

Thanks!

My cushions were already in pretty good condition but I made sure that the installer puffed them up some more with steam as recommended by some. While some folks had to add some foam to fill things out, it was not necessary in my situation.

I was charged 6 hours of labor at a rate of $90 per hour. I know some folks said they paid only $200 for installation but I called numerous places in the Bay Area and this appeared to be the going rate. Did it actually take them 6 hours...I don't know. I do know that it would've taken me a lot longer and most likely I would've not done as good a job so it was worth it have it done right.

I’m getting quotes from $200 to $700 for intall

All over the place it seems ....

Edit-

Update

Just got them all done today!!

Paid $350 for a mobile service....couldn't be happier with the results!!

48223612311_67c1a3a659_k_d.jpg

Last edited:
impossible burger.....:biggrin:

View attachment 160436

[MENTION=34822]I_M_Legend[/MENTION] - looks great! I am planning to go the same route, just trying to decide whether to go with the Napa or regular leather. Does your Napa leather feel better than the original OEM leather?

Dave

@I_M_Legend - looks great! I am planning to go the same route, just trying to decide whether to go with the Napa or regular leather. Does your Napa leather feel better than the original OEM leather?

Dave

Thanks!

Yes, it definitely feels better but it's not really fair to compare the two since the Napa is new.

With that said, I'd definitely recommend paying more for the Napa vs. Standard or synthetic leather because the Napa looks more "high end" from the pics I've seen online.

Thanks!

Yes, it definitely feels better but it's not really fair to compare the two since the Napa is new.

With that said, I'd definitely recommend paying more for the Napa vs. Standard or synthetic leather because the Napa looks more "high end" from the pics I've seen online.

Appreciate the feedback. I went ahead and ordered the Napa leather. Will have them professionally installed when they arrive.

Appreciate the feedback. I went ahead and ordered the Napa leather. Will have them professionally installed when they arrive.

Guys don't waste your time and money on the fake stuff...unless your getting Mercedes quality vinyl, its mostly all junk... I have seen pleather, bonded leather or whatever you want to call it, fall apart over time, even if not used.......Spend the money for the real deal......n the end, ]Do what you want, it's your money, and this is just my 2 cents....................:cool::cool::cool:

Guys don't waste your time and money on the fake stuff...unless your getting Mercedes quality vinyl, its mostly all junk... I have seen pleather, bonded leather or whatever you want to call it, fall apart over time, even if not used.......Spend the money for the real deal......n the end, ]Do what you want, it's your money, and this is just my 2 cents....................:cool::cool::cool:

Most car companies these days including BMW, Porsche, Audi, etc use the synthetic leather unless you opt for the pricey leather package and they hold up very well and look and feel very close to the real thing.
Tech is much better these days than your grandmas pleather couch. Both the synthetic and real leather covers have the same exact warranty, so take that for what it's worth.... I was planning on selling the car, which I eventually did, so I went with the synthetic but still probably would have saved the extra $300 and went that route regardless....I was very happy with the looks and feel of the ones I got.

If you daily drive the car and are putting more then 10k miles a year in it, I would probably suggest the real leather as it will hold up better I'm sure, but if you're putting like 5-7k miles a year, I think the synthetic will do the trick...and that's my two cents, cuz I'm cheap:tongue:

Back