• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

kar Tunes in VA

Has anybody used these folks for their NSX stereo? If you can share the technician/location details would be helpful.

I have a friend that had a car computer and a head unit installed in his WRX by Kar Tunes. They do excellent work. My sound system was installed by Mark at Myer Emco in Bailey's Crossroads. They do excellent work and have done ALOT of NSXs

I have a friend that had a car computer and a head unit installed in his WRX by Kar Tunes. They do excellent work. My sound system was installed by Mark at Myer Emco in Bailey's Crossroads. They do excellent work and have done ALOT of NSXs

Thanks for input. I do know about MyerEmco. However, I need to buy all the stuff from them only, which is a rip off I think. I spoke with Chris and he is cool guy and knowledgeable. I want to use z' s sub V3 if possible as everybody on prime used recommended it high(est). KarTunes only cares about their installation and nothing else, which can be a good thing. I wonder if anybody used KarTunes for nsx.

Last edited:
I have done a ton of nsx's over the years. I have refined the nsx stereo. Started out a single boston pro sub in the floor losing no leg room at all on the passenger side, custom dash that is properly done rather than some shops that simply bondo the dash which causes warping issues after two weeks. I offer a lifetime warrenty on my installs. My Current nsx system is Focal Krx2 comp set in the front doors, full dynamat, Two jl audio 6w3v3's in the floor which blow away the orginal boston pro 10. And a radio of your choice which I mainly use alpine decks due to crossover and 4v preouts. Mcintosh amps,focal amps and jl amps are used on my systems depending on what price point you want to be at. Custom painted amps/trim panels all done in house, also I offer top of the line alcantara leather/seude. And have a in house company for wheels and tires if desired.

Chris Torney
Myer-emco(baileys)/designo motoring

Attachments

• Picture 1174 (2).jpg
    Picture 1174 (2).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 153
  • nsx (28).jpg
    nsx (28).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 161
  • nsx (5).jpg
    nsx (5).jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Picture 1160.jpg
    Picture 1160.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Picture 1159.jpg
    Picture 1159.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Picture 1169 (2).jpg
    Picture 1169 (2).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Picture 1166.jpg
    Picture 1166.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 149
  • nsx 044.jpg
    nsx 044.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 145
I've always had GREAT success at Sound Solutions in Chantilly with any vehicle.

Here is a project I had them do for me a couple years ago:

DSC_4746-rs.jpg

I have done a ton of nsx's over the years. I have refined the nsx stereo. Started out a single boston pro sub in the floor losing no leg room at all on the passenger side, custom dash that is properly done rather than some shops that simply bondo the dash which causes warping issues after two weeks. I offer a lifetime warrenty on my installs. My Current nsx system is Focal Krx2 comp set in the front doors, full dynamat, Two jl audio 6w3v3's in the floor which blow away the orginal boston pro 10. And a radio of your choice which I mainly use alpine decks due to crossover and 4v preouts. Mcintosh amps,focal amps and jl amps are used on my systems depending on what price point you want to be at. Custom painted amps/trim panels all done in house, also I offer top of the line alcantara leather/seude. And have a in house company for wheels and tires if desired.

Chris Torney
Myer-emco(baileys)/designo motoring

Chris has done all of my cars too and has always done an amazing job. I would not take my cars to anyone else in the VA/MD/DC area.

For all my old Nsx clients I have opened up my new shop, myer emco no longer does car stereo so I started my own place. My shop is in Sterling Va. I am dealer for JL audio/Focal/Kenwood/Alpine/K40/Viper.

Designomotoring.com call me or stop by to check out my current projects and cool cars in the shop.

Thanks
Chris Torney
Designo motoring
240-419-7589

For all my old Nsx clients I have opened up my new shop, myer emco no longer does car stereo so I started my own place. My shop is in Sterling Va. I am dealer for JL audio/Focal/Kenwood/Alpine/K40/Viper.

Designomotoring.com call me or stop by to check out my current projects and cool cars in the shop.

Thanks
Chris Torney
Designo motoring
240-419-7589

Chris

If you recall, I mentioned you have to open your own. Would have been a win-win for both of us....guess I am not lucky! You did an excellent job. I might stop by your shop.

Back