• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy KCMachine Shorai Lightweight Battery Package: $374

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received mine on 8/10/2016. It looks good, I haven't had time to install though.
I have not received a tracking number yet. I placed my order on 4/28/2016, hopefully mine will be shipping soon.

My battery arrived one day after I received a tracking ��
It took me about 30 min to install and everytbing looks great! The wait was long (3months +) but it was worth it for sure.

Hey guys,
So I purchase KCMachine battery tray, Shorai battery and shorai charger when this group buy was still going on (around August/September?). I didn't get to install the battery til December and drove the car spiritually 3-4 times. The car was then put to storage after that (storage mode). I tried to start it up this weekend but had no luck. Tried to charge it and put it in storage mode, no luck. Both charging and storage LED light blinks 4 times. Reading the manual: "4 flashes/pause = Battery/Cell voltage error. Cell variation issue, use the store mode for 24hrs, then charge to correct issue" Tried to put it back in storage mode but couldn't cause of the error. Is the battery dead? it is obviously not holding any charge. Only driven 3-4 times and had it for about 3 months since installed? what gives?
Contacted Colin Chu but no response. KCMachine.com seems to be down. Can't get in touch with Shorai since warranty is not provided for cars. Only motorcycles, ATV, watercraft, lawnmower, scooter, and utility vehicle.

Any help is appreciated. Any way to contact someone from KCMachine? Colin Chu?

Did a quick video: https://youtu.be/iphua5SQHgU

Also, if I leave the charger in charging mode for 2-3 minutes (alternately blinking), it will come up with the 4 blinking error. I disconnected the battery to try to get it to charge.

Last edited:
Do you know if the place where you have the car in storage experienced any electric cut off? if the electric current fails, the charger will not self reengage... and your battery will no longer get charge... and will get killed...

The car was then put to storage after that (storage mode).

Not that I know of. Stored in my garage and didn't notice any electricity cutoff.

Well... do you remenber which charger's led lights were on when you experienced the first problems? if only storage light was on, i guess there was no electrical cutoff... but if both lights were on, then probably there was an eletrical cutoff and the battery was drained after... those lithium batteries hate to be over discharged... other than this i can only think on a defectuous unit to justify the problems you are experiencing...

Sorry i can't help more... :(

Not that I know of. Stored in my garage and didn't notice any electricity cutoff.

I honestly don't recall (too excited to start the car). Got in the garage, unplugged the charger and turned the key til i notice the car was being drained and wouldn't start. First instinct was, car isn't charged 100%? Plugged the charger back on and pressed on charge mode. LED alternately blinking then beeps and got the 4 blinking error. Same on storage mode. Shorai support sent me a battery recover guide which I would have to try. Involves getting a battery tender to kick it back up to help place it in storage mode and then run the charging mode. What a pain.

Thanks for the help though.

I had similar issues with my battery. I called Shorai, they know people use there battery on cars, I was told to turn on the light or leave the door open for awhile to drain some voltage from the battery. After I did this everything was OK.

Gary

Interesting... I thought the Shorai doesn't like to be over discharged? My battery is pretty drained, can't turn any lights on. unlock and lock can barely switch with remote. Just bought a battery tender today, gonna give that a shot. If not, I'll try your way. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back