• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy KCMachine Shorai Lightweight Battery Package: $374

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the amazing response!

Here are some in progress photos for you.

sb0MFZ8.jpg

d9zC3aL.jpg

zYh0oMP.jpg

Thanks for the update and pics. Can't wait to get in on and drop some weight on the girl.

Just curious, not pushing. Is the expected delivery time still accurate? I know when trying to get multiple pieces to the puzzle in one location delays can happen.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

As an update, I'm slightly behind schedule, but I will be done with the machining this week. From there, anodizing should take 3-5 days. I am estimating I will be shipping by the 20th.

Just an update, and there should be no excuses but thank you for your patience. I have had a confluence of events converge on me which has set me back but I have been working non stop and I am almost finished with the machining. I expect to be finished by tomorrow. From there, I will take it to the anodizer which takes usually 5 days or so to finish. I apologize for the delays.

Colin

- - - Updated - - -

Hi colin!

Sent you an e-mail!

Got it.

Thanks for the update Colin! I can't speak for the rest, but I am a fan of the update photos to see the process of how you machine these parts. I am looking forward to getting the battery tray and am willing to wait.

Hopefully everything is all right with you and we appreciate the opportunity to pick these up from a craftsman.

hi colin

is it too late for the GB pricing ? :/

Collin, I am interested if we can still add to the group buy. Thanks. ALAN.

Attachments

• NSX on Track.jpg
    NSX on Track.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Colin, I'm also interested if still available. Thank you! Dennis

Hey everyone, sorry about the lack of updates. I have a personal flaw where I wait for reliable information before I say anything, I know that’s bad sometimes. I just hate it when things get delayed like this and all I have to say is “sorry you have to wait longer” with no real answers.

Anyhow, I took the trays over to the anodizer on the 23rd. They told me they would be a little slow because they are currently expanding their operation. No solid ETA at the moment, they told me today hopefully by the end of this week. I am going to check with them again tomorrow.

I put the batteries on order as well, but Shorai told me last week that the chargers are on backorder. I am going to try to work with them to send them faster.

That’s where we’re at right now.

I made quite a few for stock, so you can still get in on the group buy if you would like.

Colin

Colin,

Thanks for the update. Hopefully Shorai plays game with us fast. Can't wait to get this one still, just gives me more time to finish my other projects!

Last edited:
Don't know how many of y'all received an email from Colin, but as one of the original people pushing for him to remake these for us he reached out to me. He has had a string of bad luck recently (couple events that he has had to help people and himself get through) and he has been working hard to fulfill his promises to us (even mentioned that he has been spending nights at the machine shop sleeping there trying to make up time). Most of the issues revolve around us with NA1 cars as they have additional steps to the machining process and the charger backorder with Shorai. Guys been busting his butt trying to get us an awesome product.

Just to let people know, he just departed on a week long family vacation today (I imagine much deserved). So, for those who have bought but didn't get an email this is whats up. For those looking to order, Colin is a stand up vendor who is working hard to keep us informed. Great products take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back