• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kix's Universal Turn Signal Flasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

kix

Registered Member
Hi Everyone,

I finished R&D a flasher mod that will work with ANY bulb/LED that uses lower current than stock bulbs. The flasher will flash your lights at 100% stock rate no matter what bulbs you use. Also, its 100% plug and play and 100% reversible. NO cut wires... NO modifications to anything! Just plug in the new relay and GO!

Cost is $25 (shipping included) to convert your Stock flasher.

If you want a new flasher it'll be $COST + $25. From what I read, stock flashers are $60 new from honda.

Flasher.jpg

I've also attached a video to show it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLzgHMHC2sU&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
I finished R&D a flasher mod that will work with ANY bulb/LED that uses lower current than stock bulbs. The flasher will flash your lights at 100% stock rate no matter what bulbs you use. Also, its 100% plug and play and 100% reversible. NO cut wires... NO modifications to anything! Just plug in the new relay and GO!

Kix,
Had a quick question. That's great that the flasher mod is completely reversible; but with the mod you are doing to the flasher unit to make it blink at the stock rate regardless, can you comment on (or confirm) from your R&D that there will be zero adverse side effects to this any other system on this circuit in the long run if using a lower current that stock?

Yes, there will be no issues from running my converted led flasher. I have been running my flasher with no problems and hopefully someone else who has my flasher mod could chime in on their thoughts.

On a separate note I finally got around to taking some pictures of where the stock flasher is located and how to remove it.

DSC01258.jpg

Using a Phillips screwdriver remove the two screws that are located nearby the yellow circles. The red arrow above shows the approximate location of the flasher from this viewpoint.

DSC01259.jpg

The knee panel will now drop down. To completely remove it you will need to unclip the foot well light and any other electrical connectors you may have. The yellow arrow above shows the approximate location of the flasher.

DSC01262.jpg

Here you can see the flasher "Mitsuba." The red dot marks the one and only clip holding the flasher relay. To remove the flasher relay take a sharp slotted screwdriver and place it in between the metal tab and the flasher relay. You will have to use your fingers to get a sense of where the tab is as you wont be able to see a thing.

DSC01263.jpg

Here's a picture with the flasher relay removed. The yellow arrow shows how the clip looks like. All that you need to do now is simply disconnect the connector and ship it to me!

DSC01265.jpg

Here's a picture of the relay and part number. From my parts supplier it costs $81.78 shipped for a brand new one shipped.

What if we have led panel rear indicators and wanting to remove the indicator bulb.

Will this slow the indicators down to normal speed if were were to remove the bulbs?

and does it work for front - backs - left and right?

What if we have led panel rear indicators and wanting to remove the indicator bulb.

Will this slow the indicators down to normal speed if were were to remove the bulbs?

and does it work for front - backs - left and right?

The flasher is designed to work with any bulb that you use and will flash the lights at a stock rate for front/back/left/right.

In order to further promote this I will offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you dont like it you can RETURN it for a refund. Please PM me for details.

Kix,
Are you still doing this mod? I'd like to get it done. Also, are you still working on a mod to this that will allow you to set the blink rate (from stock <-> led)?
Thanks,
Bob

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Cost is $25 (shipping included) to convert your Stock flasher.

If you want a new flasher it'll be $COST + $25. From what I read, stock flashers are $60 new from honda.

I have the Chris apkarian's rear LED tails I'm interested in this mod, but will it work on a '00 NSX-T flasher? Correct me if I'm wrong I originally tried but we determined the flasher was different than earlier years so the cutting the trace mod would not work on my '00 flasher, is your mod different than this?

Thanks,

Still doing this mod. however, the adjustable one is out the window. I need to make a MINIMUM order of 300 pieces to build the adjustable flasher which is just not doable.

It will work with both the (Coupe/T-Top) However, I am still finalizing my ver 2. flasher which I have not had time to finalize due to LED taillight orders.

Still doing this mod. however, the adjustable one is out the window. I need to make a MINIMUM order of 300 pieces to build the adjustable flasher which is just not doable.

It will work with both the (Coupe/T-Top) However, I am still finalizing my ver 2. flasher which I have not had time to finalize due to LED taillight orders.

Sorry can you clarify if your regular rate flasher you currently have works for '00 NSX-T models from what I posted above?

Thanks,

Sorry can you clarify if your regular rate flasher you currently have works for '00 NSX-T models from what I posted above?

Thanks,

Yes, the flasher works with all model year NSX. Also... ver 2.0 is ready! It completely eliminates the flasher's bulb out warning system. As a result, no matter what LED bulb you use the flasher will flash at the stock rate. It is also 100% reversible! Even better is that the mod is even CHEAPER to do! You can now get your flasher converted for the SUPER SUPER LOW PRICE of $10 + shipping.

For my customers who have ver 1.0 and would like ver 2.0 please PM me for a free upgrade

modified flasher still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back