• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

KSP NSX-R Style Seats?

those shells need an onlyfans' page... o_O šŸ˜˜šŸ’‹

from the looks of that .........is mita getting into the yarmulke market.. ;)

I think the issue is price point. The notion of paying $6,000+ for essentially a knock-off product means most people say nope. By way of comparison, my faux-S sets all in were about $2,000, taking into account materials and labor. If you can get the seats into the $2k to $3k range for a set, I think you'd sell lots of them.

I have these seats and they shell quality and Kevlar weaving is excellent. Recaro fabric is probably much better but these are extremely well made and comfortable while maintaining rigidity. I know several guys are running them in Japan on track. Biggest downside IMO is that it doesnā€™t work with a 5 point harness (same as OEM R or S seats and Pole ABE). Iā€™m selling two brand new ones in Red. Let me know if interested.

- Joe
Does anyone have these seats? Would like to hear feedback on quality and fitment.

M

I have these seats and they shell quality and Kevlar weaving is excellent. Recaro fabric is probably much better but these are extremely well made and comfortable while maintaining rigidity. I know several guys are running them in Japan on track. Biggest downside IMO is that it doesnā€™t work with a 5 point harness (same as OEM R or S seats and Pole ABE). Iā€™m selling two brand new ones in Red. Let me know if interested.

- Joe

M
Are they narrow like the original NSX-R seats or a bit wider like the Pole Position? Photos seem to suggest that they dont curve inward around the waist.

Are they narrow like the original NSX-R seats or a bit wider like the Pole Position? Photos seem to suggest that they dont curve inward around the waist.
Iā€™m sorry but unfortunately Iā€™ve never sat in genuine NSXR seats. If it helps I have a size 32 waist, 5ā€™11ā€, 180 lbs. These fit me perfectly and donā€™t crush myā€¦.uhā€¦.ā€groinā€ line Bride ZETA IV. Haha. I fell snug around the waist and hips.

Again mine are brand new and Iā€™ve never mounted them on seat rails and driven with them. Only tested them at KSP in Tokyo.

For what itā€™s worth, KSP told me that they are exactly geometrically the same as OEM NSXR shells.

- Joe

- Joe

M
I'm going to remove these false advertising posts unless you obey the FS rules and post a handwritten note with your pics...on your ad

Alright. No one is trying to falsely advertise. I was replying to the question on the thread. Do what you think you need to as adminā€¦.

Can you get them in black carbon on black material?

Those look great. Do they work with the R Rails?

How is our mom doing since she decided to live with you in Japan..?

Francis, to answer your question, compared to the original RECARO NSX-R, the shape of the KSP seats are quite different.

Also, the shape of the urethane attached to the carbon shell is different from the original,

Especially, the cushion part in the center of the seat is very loose and different from the original.

If ordered with us, and redone to the NSX-R fabric, we rebuild it to be as close as the same as the OEM NSX-R seats.
It sounds like they are roomier than the OEM NSX-R seat? Do they fit wider?

When will you start offering this package? Will you match the NA2 NSX-R mesh material?

We've teamed up with the original NSX-R seat design chief and KSP for an exclusive offer. Now you can have your seats redone in authentic NSX-R or NSX-S fabric and color, complete with RECARO logos.

This customization guarantees the exact look and feel of the original NSX-R or NSX-S seats. This special variation is not available anywhere else but MITA.

Dam, I just ordered my KSP seats. Can I have them shipped to you to have the customization done?

We've teamed up with the original NSX-R seat design chief and KSP for an exclusive offer. Now you can have your seats redone in authentic NSX-R or NSX-S fabric and color, complete with RECARO logos.

This customization guarantees the exact look and feel of the original NSX-R or NSX-S seats. This special variation is not available anywhere else but MITA.
You're going to embroider Recaro logos onto non-genuine Recaro seats?

I got my hands on these seats. In my opinion the fabric quality is great. There is no stretch or loose fabric on the surrounding fabric and a little bit on the cushions. It would be far cheaper to reupholster only the center cushions than the whole seat.

With the exchange rates the way they are, these are an amazing deal, imo.

1707247689415.png

1707247723120.png

Last edited:
I got my hands on these seats. In my opinion the fabric quality is great. There is no stretch or loose fabric on the surrounding fabric and a little bit on the cushions. It would be far cheaper to reupholster the cushion than the whole seat.

Really appreciate the real-world impressions! I feel like I've been poking around for the longest time trying to read up on some first-hand experience. A few questions:
  • How long did it take from ordering to them arriving?
  • Who did you order them from?
  • Can you comment on how these *feel* compared to a Recaro Pole Position (or equivalent/similar ā€” Sparco Evo, Sparco QRT)? I'm most curious about how snug it is in the waist.

Really appreciate the real-world impressions! I feel like I've been poking around for the longest time trying to read up on some first-hand experience. A few questions:
  • How long did it take from ordering to them arriving?
  • Who did you order them from?
  • Can you comment on how these *feel* compared to a Recaro Pole Position (or equivalent/similar ā€” Sparco Evo, Sparco QRT)? I'm most curious about how snug it is in the waist.

I ordered these from buynowjapan and paid msrp In YEN (thatā€™s the important part). They had slightly cheaper shipping prices than rhdjapan. These seats were in stock and arrived in a week. When ordering, i was told there would be the standard 2 month wait, so it depends what stock is like and I dont think the retailers will call to get realtime stock.

I am a 31ā€ pant waist and they feel snug in a good way. I think 33/34ā€ might be max. These are much more snug than McLaren p1 seats.

I got my hands on these seats. In my opinion the fabric quality is great. There is no stretch or loose fabric on the surrounding fabric and a little bit on the cushions. It would be far cheaper to reupholster only the center cushions than the whole seat.

View attachment 188022

View attachment 188023

Glad you like them, I got the same set in black coming as well. These look good. I was told delivery times in March per KSP. Ordered them directly.

Which rails did you go with? any issues with mount holes?

Can't wait to put these up to the real deal and do a full comparison. I'm lucky to have a local NSXR car near that I can look at.

Glad you like them, I got the same set in black coming as well. These look good. I was told delivery times in March per KSP. Ordered them directly.

Which rails did you go with? any issues with mount holes?

Can't wait to put these up to the real deal and do a full comparison. I'm lucky to have a local NSXR car near that I can look at.

I just ordered some SoS rails. Hopefully get them installed in a couple weekends.

Measurements checked out from what SoS listed:
Side hole distance: 235mm (just like nsx-r)
Width hole distance: <430mm (imprecise tape measure)

View attachment 188022

View attachment 188023
Hey man those aren't bad at all. Maybe just send the centers to Keji-san at Studio6Zero so he can work his magic on re-upholstering to OEM Recaro fabrics like I had him to on my Recaro ABE:

FNM2JLK.jpeg

Back