• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kumho Tires

Does anyone have experience with Kumho tires on an NSX? I was thinking about the ECST 712 supra model--the price is excellent. What about quality and performance features for an NSX?

I like these (less problem with speedbumps hitting the ft. spoiler lip):

131_0205_fit_06_z.jpg

:biggrin: :eek:

Just purchased Kumho V710's. Brutal GRIP!!! Not a fair comparison for you though!

I had 712's and did not care for them. I have used MX and think it is a great tire for the money. If you want to go with something in the 712 range, I much preffer the Yoko ES-100.

I ran 712's. I'll never do that again unless they're on the rear on a drift day. They are a budget performance tire with low performance to match the price.

i've got them, they seem OK for routine driving, but then again i don't track the car, and i doubt i push it as hard as most good drivers.

hmm. ask Phoenix about how he likes kumhos. he can give you some insider info.

712 had been put strategically on my daily driven accord's rear axle in order to dial out the understeer... So is that adequate for the nsx? ;)

Yes, I swear by the Kumho MX, and so far, I've been happy with them on track, off track, wet or dry. They have absolutely zero grip on snow/sludge, well, nor any high performance tires should have....

yes and no. Bridgestone had quite a bit of different models under the potenza name, which they offer top of the line performance to acceptable performance (in terms of the traction) Fuzion seems to share the silmular structure as other potenza, which it had a stickier compounds as the tires getting worn.

I don't think Fuzions would be a good choice with the nsx, but then again, it depends on the user's preference and driving habit.

I ran the Kumho 712 on the stock 16/17 rims for daily driving. I had no problems with them even in the wet. However, I never drove the car too aggresively or tracked it with those tires. Simply going to and from work as well as weekend driving at regular traffic speeds was no problem for me.

Back