• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LA Traffic Daily Commute - How do you deal with it? I've got a solution!

My commute is 38 miles each way. Google map estimate usually 1 hour and 30 minutes going home at 5:30pm.

That's a good point. $2 to save 30-50 minutes is well worth the money.

My friend said he has been using this to commute on the 405 from long beach to LA for the past month.
bbde3c3aeb5bdc838663c8891944be09.jpg
Who is selling this online? I need one for my service van here In grueling bay area traffic when I drive my service van 300 miles a day!

Who is selling this online? I need one for my service van here In grueling bay area traffic when I drive my service van 300 miles a day!

He found it on Craiglist in LA. Found these on eBay. Just chop the lower body portion and you get a riding partner!!
54355a50462f1d2bcaf2475beea2509a.jpg

6a3ffe098c8e31747ff98d4bbd0b4742.jpg

I am so sick of this LA traffic commute to work and home every day. I am seriously thinking of putting a fake carpool buddy in my car to offset some of this time in traffic. What is the chance that police can tell if it is fake or not? I don’t think cops will ever going to tell if I have a realistic human looking mannequin.

I have also tried Waze to navigate through traffic but it tells me to go through too many small streets, that at the end of the drive home, it already drains me out and it is mentally tiring after a long day of work. Not worth the 5 minutes of time saving.

A lot of times, I just go to a nearby gym and work out till traffic dies or go to a foot massage place before driving home. But sometimes, I just want to get home earlier.

I found online that people have some very interesting idea:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ummy-passengers-just-cruise-carpool-lane.html

Any other ideas? Fake carpool buddy?

OP,
I don't know what your route is, but I used to live in LA and had to commute from Northridge to Montebello and sometimes downtown. After a while, I just decided I would take the scenic route from time to time by going WAY out of the way, but enjoying the drive all the way home. I used to take some route (maybe the 10, maybe Olympic Blvd or some other street) all the way to the beach. Then I'd creep up PCH to either Topanga, Malibu Cyn or... if I just didn't care when I got home, Kanan Dume. I'd take that canyon road up to the 101 back into the valley. Took about 25-35 minutes longer than doing it the standard way, but it was a nice ride. If I happened to finish my day in Santa Monica or Brentwood, taking this route was a no-brainer.

I don't suspect you will find very much time savings by using the carpool lane... you may make up 5 minutes at best (depending on the specifics of your route and time of commute).

OP,
I don't know what your route is, but I used to live in LA and had to commute from Northridge to Montebello and sometimes downtown. After a while, I just decided I would take the scenic route from time to time by going WAY out of the way, but enjoying the drive all the way home. I used to take some route (maybe the 10, maybe Olympic Blvd or some other street) all the way to the beach. Then I'd creep up PCH to either Topanga, Malibu Cyn or... if I just didn't care when I got home, Kanan Dume. I'd take that canyon road up to the 101 back into the valley. Took about 25-35 minutes longer than doing it the standard way, but it was a nice ride. If I happened to finish my day in Santa Monica or Brentwood, taking this route was a no-brainer.

I don't suspect you will find very much time savings by using the carpool lane... you may make up 5 minutes at best (depending on the specifics of your route and time of commute).

I don't have a problem getting to work now, so taking only for going home, I use 105 the most then 605. And sad part is most of the congested 105 going home has no carpool. I can use the 10 too, but carpool became express lane and it is not cheap. Options are running out. Most sense-able solution I think is probably find a place nearby for the weekdays.

He found it on Craiglist in LA. Found these on eBay. Just chop the lower body portion and you get a riding partner!!
54355a50462f1d2bcaf2475beea2509a.jpg

6a3ffe098c8e31747ff98d4bbd0b4742.jpg
Is that the Bruce Jenner dummy? Rofl!

I would imagine they are just using thermal imaging camera technology.

The key to happiness is to do most everything when everyone else is not. Driving, theme parks, grocery shopping, etc. lines are for people who don't value their time. Take your vacation when everyone else is at work. Drive to work after or before everyone else is there.

Back