• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lap Attack! @ PGP Motorsports Park

Registration Form:
http://www.pacificgp.com/images/stories/site/files/Lap_Attack_Registration.pdf

index.php

PGP Pleased to Announce Lap Attack, a Four-Round Auto Competition

It takes a lot more than a heavy foot to drive a car fast around a racetrack like PGP Motorsports Park. Being smooth with the wheel, finding the right line and braking points, and knowing the limits of your vehicle are critical ingredients to turning a fast lap time at PGP.

If you're up to the challenge -- or want to find out if you are -- PGP has just what you're looking for. Already a great destination for family fun and excitement, PGP Motorsports Park is pleased to announce the launch of the Lap Attack Series, a rain or shine four-round auto lapping competition at the Northwest's premier multi-purpose racing facility.

"Our facility is so unique in what we have to offer and the Lap Attack Series is a showcase of how we are able to provide something new, challenging and exciting for our customers that no one else can," said PGP owner Paul Zalud. "The interest has already been phenomenal and we are really looking forward to showing the auto community exactly what we have to offer."

Round 1 of Lap Attack will take place on Friday, June 11, with a maximum of 36 drivers getting a chance to test their skill by recording the lowest possible lap times while navigating through three different configurations of PGP's state-of-the-art, .82-mile asphalt track.

The cost is $85 per entry and $10 per pit pass. The top three drivers in each class will be awarded trophies at the end of each round -- Round 2 is Friday, July 16 and Round 3 is slated for Friday, Aug. 13 -- with the class champions crowned after the final round on Sunday, Sept. 12.

The competitive field for each Lap Attack round will be divided into three classes -- front-wheel drive (FWD), rear-wheel drive (RWD) and all-wheel drive (AWD) -- with drivers placed in six-car groups based on sign-up order, meaning it is possible to have 24 drivers in one class and six in each of the others. Drivers must possess a valid driver's license and tires must be DOT legal. Additional information, including registration and pre-tech forms can be found under "Racing@PGP>Car Events>Lap Attack" at www.pacificgp.com.

Gates open for the first three rounds at 3 p.m. for registration and tech inspection, followed by a mandatory drivers meeting at 5 p.m. The first on-track period at 5:15 p.m. will be a timed practice on the South Concourse Track (counter-clockwise) to determine comparable groups. Following that will be sessions on the North Concourse Track (clockwise), South Concourse Track (clockwise) and finally the entire track (counter-clockwise). Course maps can be found under "Facility Info>Circuit Information>Track Configurations at www.pacificgp.com. Times for the championship event (Round 4) in September will be announced later.

Competitive sessions during each round will be four laps each, with drivers turning one out-lap to warm their tires before three hot laps. The best lap time for each session will be combined with the lowest overall total in each class winning that round.

PGP has many subtle elevation changes and unique characteristics combined with multiple configurations which make it perfect for all categories of racing, including rental and competition karting -- featuring the exclusive "Stars of PGP" racing series -- Supermoto, drifting, car lapping, arrive-and-drive rentals, corporate events, group parties, practice days, and more.

Along with racing rain or shine, PGP features complimentary barbeque pits, tables and chairs, and coolers -- and unmatched views of the track from any part of the year-old facility. Add in a backdrop that includes 14,000-foot Mount Rainer and a pair of eagles nesting in nearby trees, and there is no wonder PGP Motorsports Park was named one of King 5 Weekend Magazine's Best of Western Washington great destinations for 2010.

Convertables are allowed only with a hardtop or roll protection. The stock roll-hoops in an S2000 are allowed. Miatas require a hardtop or roll-bar to be allowed on track.

Last edited:
thanks for the headsup Jerry... Been contemplating to go there, with my new goodies, I was hoping to get close to S2k's performance.

do they group power to weight ratio? or n/a vs Forced induction?

I think you'll have a lot of fun with this event format.

The fastest lap time at the track is held by an S2000. Everything from a Z06 to an Elise all the way to hatchback Civic's run nearly the same time with equal driver skill. The streamlined class structure shouldn't be a problem, a fast driver is a fast driver after all. ;)

For this inaugrual event, the class structure is overly simplified. Feedback from this event will be used to tweak the formula if necessary.

The fastest lap time at the track is held by an S2000. Everything from a Z06 to an Elise all the way to hatchback Civic's run nearly the same time with equal driver skill. The streamlined class structure shouldn't be a problem, a fast driver is a fast driver after all. ;)

I strongly disagree, run your nsx there and show me how crappy I was. This is definately a track that favors short wheel base, short gears cars, driver skill is important too of course.

I strongly disagree, run your nsx there and show me how crappy I was. This is definately a track that favors short wheel base, short gears cars, driver skill is important too of course.

None of which have anything to do with power to weight ratios. Don't you find that even a little interesting? I'd argue that setup will have more to do with a win than which platform you start with. ;)

I'm sure we can agree this track offers a very unique set of challenges.
In my opinion, the biggest handicap for the NSX is the steering ratio. The rest is simply car setup and driving skill. There should be a wide spectrum of cars/skill levels present and it will be interesting to mine the results for trends. Again, this type of event hasn't been attempted. With the AMB transponders active and everyone driving at the same event, we can finally make meaningful comparisons.

FYI if you are interested in practicing at PGP before this event.

Did you know there is even more to do at PGP Motorsports Park than karting, drifting and Supermoto? The Northwest’s premier multipurpose racing facility also hosts midweek Car Lapping several times a month, including from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday — space is still available — and a special Twilight Car Lapping session from 5-8:30 p.m. this Friday.

You bring the car and PGP provides the circuit to test your abilities while speeding through the full .82-mile course. Rain or shine, licensed drivers of any skill level will enjoy the thrill of finding a better line or braking point to shave time off as they wind through the 14-turn asphalt track.

Up to 30 drivers can take part in Car Lapping sessions, with drivers guaranteed 12 minutes of track time each hour. The cost for a full-day (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) is $125 and for a half-day (9 a.m.-noon) is $75. Passenger fees are $25. More information and registration forms are available at www.pacificgp.com under “Racing@PGP>Car Events>Car Lapping Days.” Pre-registration is required by fax to (253) 639-7229 or email to [email protected].

While Car Lapping sessions are non-competitive — it’s you against the clock — there is no better way to prepare for Lap Attack, PGP’s newest event slated for June 11 where the top three finishers will hoist trophies on the PGP Motorsports Park podium.

Lap Attack drivers in three classes — front-wheel drive (FWD), rear-wheel drive (RWD) and all-wheel drive (AWD) — will get one 10-minute session on each of four different track configurations, with their fastest lap on each configuration combined for an overall total. The lowest overall total wins. Cost is $85 and the competition is limited to 36 drivers. Watch for registration forms and more information on Lap Attack at www.pacificgp.com.

Registration is live.

Note: this is now a summer long series!

feel the same way..lap attack, a competition event on go-kart track. Elise/Exige and s-2000s will do very well there. 'crappy' for other high-powered cars, i felt akward to see guys driving 1st gear the whole track sliding left and right as they open up their throttle. love to see how nsx do in this event. I am coming to watch(after rush hours).

Chris and my cousin are going to attend this one.

I hope some of you guys can go... I'd love to see how the NSX holds up as well!

I think I'm busy 2 out of 3 of those dates... but perhaps I can come watch one.

I hope some of you guys can go... I'd love to see how the NSX holds up as well!

I think I'm busy 2 out of 3 of those dates... but perhaps I can come watch one.

come on out June 15th to the big boy track next door and watch the thoroughbreds run.:smile: some one needs to teach you how to jocky your new toy.:wink:

IF YOU HAVEN'T REGISTERED YET YOU NEED TO HURRY!!!

The event is nearly sold out. There are just a few spots still open. Call or Fax the track immediately to register.

There are no limits on the number of spectators. With a full event, this will be a fantastic opportunity to spectate! All three classes will be well represented, with a wide variety of cars. Everything from vintage to fresh off of the assembly line, stock to modified. I'll see you guys there for some racing on a Friday night.

You guys seriously missed out. The event had over 80 entries for just 36 slots. A new track record was established as well. The July 16th event is half booked so send in your registration ASAP if you have any plans to attend.

The last Lap Attack! had 82 entries for 36 spots.

There are just a handful of slots still open for this Friday July 16th. If you are planning to go, you really want to pre-register in the next 24 hours to get a slot. This event will sell out.

Back