• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Le Mans 8./9. august 2008

I got the following Email from Mr. Zucker, president of the NSX club in Switzerland:

Chers membres et amis,

Nous vous redonnons encore une fois les éléments d'information pour notre sortie du Mans les 8 et 9 août prochain avec le Porsche Club Genève, et vous signalons que la plupart d'entre vous qui désirent venir se sont déjà inscrits au moyen de notre site Internet. A ce jour, il ne nous reste place que pour 6 voitures supplémentaires le vendredi et 4 le samedi. Nous attendons donc votre réponse par retour.

Par ailleurs, nous souhaitons avoir le plus grand nombre de visiteurs avec NSX, car des amis du NSX CLUB du JAPON et du NSX CLUB of AMERICA seront présents parmi nous avec leurs Présidents respectifs, afin de préparer avec nous un événement exceptionnel pour fêter en 2009 les 20 ans de la NSX. DE plus nous aurons comme hôte d'honneur Monsieur Shigeru UEHARA, qui est "lun des initiateurs de la NSX et le père du Club japonais. Donc nous souhaitons faire déjà au mois d'août un très grand rassemblement de visiteurs NSX.

Merci et à bientôt

Sher geehrte Mitglieder und Freunde,

Wir übermitteln Ihnen nochmals alle Anmeldungformulare für die Le Mans Veranstaltung, die mit dem Porsche Club Genf organisiert wird, und müssen Ihnen mitteilen, dass alle die in dieser Veranstaltung interressiert waren haben sich schon durch unserem Website angemeldet. Heute bleiben noch 6 Plätze am Freitag und 4 Plätze am Samstag, um mitfahren zu können. Wir erwarten Ihre Antwort am schnellsten.

Wir hoffen auf eine sehr zahlreiche NSX Besucher Teilnahme. Freunde vom NSX CLUB aus JAPAN und NSX CLUB of AMERICA werden unsere Gäste sein mit beiden cPräsidenten. Wir werden zusammen eine Discussion von einem speziellen Event in 2009 vorbereiten. Es handelt sich um den 20. Geburtstag von dem NSX. Noch als speziel Gast haben wir noch Herr Shigeru UEHARA, einen der Initiatoren der NSX und der Vater des NSX Clubs in Japan. Deshalb hoffen wir auf eine sehr schöne NSX Versammlung in Le Mans, auch wenn sie nur Zuschauer sind.

Danke und bis bald.

Dear members and friends,

We do send you once more all the elements for our event in Le Mans, which is prepared with PORSCHE CLUB GENEVA, as you already know. All those who were interested in driving in Le Mans have already meke their inscription through our website. Based on to day knowledge, it remains only 6 free places for Friday and 4 free places to drive on Saturday. We do look forward to getting your answer a s a p.

We hope we will get a lot of visitors with NSX for Europe, we have this year as special guests members of NSX CLUB of JAPAN and members of NSX CLUB of AMERICA, and Presidents of both Clubs. As special guest we also have the pleasure to welcome Mr Shigeru UEHARA, who is one of the initiators of the NSX and the father of the NSX Club of Japan.

We will have a meeting with Presidents of these two Clubs, to organize the 20th anniversary of the NSX in 2009.

We look forward to welcoming you in Le Mans, with our very best regards.

Jean C. Zucker

www.nsx.ch

-> more infos can be found on the website.

Would be nice to see you there. :wink:

Thomas,

Thanks for posting. I've noted this in my agenda and think I will manage to come for one day at least. Will start working for extra days as well :smile:

Thanks for the info, Micha!

Even in the case that you're 'only' visitors but like to join the meals (friday and/or saturday) the cook will be saved from a nightmare of having cooked 100 meals for 200 guests. :wink: (I guess you can't eat lunch if you did not fill out the form in advance)

I just filled out the form and paid i called Zucker and told to did very fast cause few place i will drive on friday

Andrea

Yeah baby!

I will see you there!

I hope someone brings a XXL helmet so I can catch a ride.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Yeah baby!

I will see you there!

I hope someone brings a XXL helmet so I can catch a ride.:biggrin:
:biggrin::biggrin:

No prob friend i will be there for two days

you can buy in some shop some cheper scooter helmet and its good trust me if you will do it for some laps you could be my guest :wink:

Andrea

I guess there won't be much NSX on the track. Andrea is the only one I know of.

Based upon Jean's original email that you posted, there were at least 12 NSXs for friday and 14 for saturday out of the 18 permitted.

In the last years there was a tendacy that NSX club members tracked their Integra or another car. Let's hope there will be a lot of NSX's on the track.

BTW I've heard that 8 US owners are joining Le Mans. Who else?

What are you planning for activities?

We will be at the track for the club activities and will also take in some sightseeing both locally and in Paris on Sunday and Monday. We will arrive in LeMans mid-day on Thursday and will be staying in the Novotel.

We will be at the track for the club activities and will also take in some sightseeing both locally and in Paris on Sunday and Monday. We will arrive in LeMans mid-day on Thursday and will be staying in the Novotel.

watch out for the "Hostel" Big Bobby!

My friend and I will arrive on friday afternoon and leave on sunday morning. It's still not sure and will be decided on tuesday.

Unfortunately the Novotel is booked out. Are you having dinner at the Novotel on friday or saturday evening?

My friend and I will arrive on friday afternoon and leave on sunday morning. It's still not sure and will be decided on tuesday.

Unfortunately the Novotel is booked out. Are you having dinner at the Novotel on friday or saturday evening?

That is where we are staying. Not sure what dinner plans will be. Just going with the flow.:cool:

I will stay in Novotel the 7 night but the 8 i must to change beacause in the begining i plan to track only friday then i decide to stay also saturday but unfortunaly novotel was full so i think i will go in ibis hotel for friday nnight very close to novotel

Anyway i would like to ask to american people that come if can make a favor only if you want and if you have the possiblity otherwise no problem

If you can to got for me some parts from downforce if they have in stock. I would like to buy the headlight 2002 for my future conversion so maybe i can buy direct a make a fast ship to sombody of you that come in lemans so they can give me direct in my hand. i think that are not realy big.

Anyway i know that can give you maybe some logistic problem but let me know if its possible tomorrow i can call you and talk about and ask to downforce if they have in stock and if they can ship fast to you

I ask you that so i can realy save a lot of money with italian custom duty

Let me know i would realy appreciate if you can help me otherwise no problem i looking forward to meet some nsxprime member

Thanks
Andrea

Last edited:
Any suggestions for another hotel? Preferably with proper parking...doh...

Might drive down on sat, back on sun.

These are the hotels that were listed in the invitation:

Hôtel Concorde ***

Au centre du Mans avec un parking fermé. A 10 minutes du circuit (5 km)
Prix: 110 à 185 Euros par nuit

16, Avenue du Général Leclerc
72000 Le Mans - France
Tél. : +33 (0) 243 24 12 30 Fax : +33 (0) 243 24 85 74
http://www.concordelemans.com

Novotel Le Mans

Blotti au coeur d'un parc tranquille en bordure de rivière et proche du centre ville (mais il faut se déplacer en voiture). A 5 minutes du circuit avec parking fermé, piscine extérieure et agréable terrasse.
Prix: 70 à 200 Euros

Boulevard Robert Schuman
72100 LE MANS
Tel : +33 (0) 243 85 26 80 Fax : +33 (0) 243 75 31 76
http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fichehotel/fr/nov/0440/fiche_hotel.shtml

Green 7 Le Mans

C'est l'hôtel le plus proche du circuit -1 km. Il est au début de la ligne droite des Hunaudières
Il n'y a pas de parking fermé, mais les voitures sont à l'arrière du bâtiment à l'abri des regards
Prix: 50 à 90 Euros

447 av Georges Durand
72100 LE MANS
Tel : +33 (0) 243 40 30 30 Fax : +33 (0) 243 40 30 00
http://hotel-du-mans.com/

Ok... thankx lads.
Maybe i can get Peter (Imola orange) to come over as well, but he's stuck somewhere in Italy with a broken NSX...

Anyway i would like to ask to american people that come if can make a favor only if you want and if you have the possiblity otherwise no problem

If you can to got for me some parts from downforce if they have in stock. I would like to buy the headlight 2002 for my future conversion so maybe i can buy direct a make a fast ship to sombody of you that come in lemans so they can give me direct in my hand. i think that are not realy big.

Anyway i know that can give you maybe some logistic problem but let me know if its possible tomorrow i can call you and talk about and ask to downforce if they have in stock and if they can ship fast to you

Sorry I can't help, Andrea. We are packed in tightly as it is, especially with my camera gear, and have very limited space in the van we are renting. Wish we could help but with the airline requirements these days it is difficult to be able to pack for a trip like this.

Back