• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LED headlamps for the NSX.

Update:
Purchased the High Beams from Amazon.
These LED lights WILL NOT fit without a tremendous amount of butchery of the dust cover.(NSX)

I will be returning.

Side note; Have a friend who installed into a FJCruiser and is VERY pleased.
Said they were tremendously better than the halogens.

Last edited:
Two big problems with retrofit LEDs other than the expense....

The bulbs typically don't put out as much light as HID. The cars that come from the factory with LED lights get around this by including a lot more space for multiple bulbs.

In order to keep costs down many of these products incorporate cheap electronics. We see the same problem with the retrofit LED bulbs for the home. Most of the manufacturers like to advertise that they use high quality Cree bulbs that will last nearly forever. But they mate that Cree LED to cheap Chinese electronics. When the bulb fails prematurely it's almost always the electronics and not the LED itself. I wish there was an easy way to determine which products have reliable electronics, but there no good way to tell.

Two big problems with retrofit LEDs other than the expense....

The bulbs typically don't put out as much light as HID. The cars that come from the factory with LED lights get around this by including a lot more space for multiple bulbs.

In order to keep costs down many of these products incorporate cheap electronics. We see the same problem with the retrofit LED bulbs for the home. Most of the manufacturers like to advertise that they use high quality Cree bulbs that will last nearly forever. But they mate that Cree LED to cheap Chinese electronics. When the bulb fails prematurely it's almost always the electronics and not the LED itself. I wish there was an easy way to determine which products have reliable electronics, but there no good way to tell.

So far I've had excellent luck with the Philips LED's in my Tacoma. Lighting is fantastic, and still maintains factory cutoff. Not one car has flashed me yet. Now grant it Tacoma housings are not projector so I can't say how LED's would work in the close quarters of projector housings but I'm happy with Philips products. After a long run at night I got home and opened the hood, grabbed hold of the large heat sink and it was'nt even warm. No tiny fan to burn out.

LED bulbs vary in how much light they put out. Check the number of lumens on the package, and make sure you know whether the number quoted is for one side or for both sides. The high beams on my MDX put out 3600 lumens each and they're MUCH brighter than HID's.

Now grant it Tacoma housings are not projector so I can't say how LED's would work in the close quarters of projector housings but I'm happy with Philips products.
My LED's work great in the MDX, which are projector housings, but there's more room behind them than there is in the NSX.

LED bulbs vary in how much light they put out. Check the number of lumens on the package, and make sure you know whether the number quoted is for one side or for both sides. The high beams on my MDX put out 3600 lumens each and they're MUCH brighter than HID's.

My LED's work great in the MDX, which are projector housings, but there's more room behind them than there is in the NSX.

I may purchase a set and do a test fit.

Back