• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

legal advice needed after new Honda Civic purchase

A good friend of mine just bought a BRAND NEW Honda Civic last week from a local Honda dealership. It had 129 miles on it. Last night we discovered the front bumper has been repainted, and a terrible job at that. The whole car has overspray on it, there is lint and other debris in the paint, most of the front is dull, and the clear coat is hit or miss. The top of the car has a large swirl mark on it about the size of a silver dollar. We took it there today, and the bodyshop immediately said it had been repainted. Duh. Their records show no mention of this. However, the car did come from another Honda dealer.

The manager is going to call my friend on Saturday. Both he and I are expecting he will get the run around. He paid for a new car. He should expect a new car.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
That is wild...
Can't say I've never heard of such misrepresentation from dealers/Sellers.
I would be raising hell. Then again, I would have really checked out the car prior to any John Hancock.

Thanks for the links. They will be handy!

That is wild...
Can't say I've never heard of such misrepresentation from dealers/Sellers.
I would be raising hell. Then again, I would have really checked out the car prior to any John Hancock.

I agree. I was even with him when he bought it. Never ever would I think that a new car would need to be inspected for something like this. We did give a quick once-over looking for door-dings etc. I always inspect for stuff like this with a used car.

Back