• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

License plate issue

Hello everyone, just wondering what you all are doing in places that have to have front plates? I bought my car last fall and haven’t ran with a plate.
My wife was out for 1/2 hour in the car with our son and of course she gets pulled over and a $110 ticket. Unbelievable. Not even a warning. I hate the idea of defacing this beautiful car with a front plate much less drilling into the car. How often do any of you get stopped if your don’t run a front plate? I really don’t want to but these clowns could keep giving tickets. Any strategies for getting away with this?

Not sure how strict they are in Canada but you may try just putting the front plate on the dash on the passenger side and roll the dice. The OEM mount I believe is still available (P/N: 71105-SL0-A01), or you could try the Science of Speed stealth mount so you can tuck it away when you want. There are actually two holes in the bumper already for where the screws go in, they are right under where the emblem is.

On NC1's you don't have the option of using the SOS stealth mount. You can try mounting the Lic plate using custom mounts off the Tow hook on the bumper. I have seen these mounts on Lexus F sport IS's etc

NC1 Lic.jpg
Bram

Last edited:
Four provinces, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, and Ontario, require the license plates to be mounted on both the front and rear of the vehicle. The other six provinces and three territories only require a rear license plate: Alberta, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, and Yukon.

Ontario needs to get to 2021.

Four provinces, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, and Ontario, require the license plates to be mounted on both the front and rear of the vehicle. The other six provinces and three territories only require a rear license plate: Alberta, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, and Yukon.

Ontario needs to get to 2021.

You can update your list. New Brunswick no longer require front plates since last year :smile: Needles to say my front plates went for a hike on all my vehicles.

That's bad luck!

I know some people drive around without a plate, and just consider a ticket every now and then as part of the "NSX Tax"...the unfortunate cost of driving a flashy car...it gets attention, especially from police.

Legally I don't believe you can get around not having a plate displayed (without any sort of cover or even boarder)...the law says "obstructed plate". So technically they could slap you with a ticket if you even had too much but guts on the plate. Really it comes down to if the cop wants to be a jerk or not.

I agree with you, the NC1 looks best without a plate.
Really all cars do!

Wishing you good luck from here on out!

Lucas

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

That's bad luck!

I know some people drive around without a plate, and just consider a ticket every now and then as part of the "NSX Tax"...the unfortunate cost of driving a flashy car...it gets attention, especially from police.

Legally I don't believe you can get around not having a plate displayed (without any sort of cover or even boarder)...the law says "obstructed plate". So technically they could slap you with a ticket if you even had too much but guts on the plate. Really it comes down to if the cop wants to be a jerk or not.

I agree with you, the NC1 looks best without a plate.
Really all cars do!

Wishing you good luck from here on out!

Lucas

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Front plates ruin the front end look for pretty much any nice looking car! All my friends with exotics do not put them on and just pay the 110 whenever they get it. There is no limit to how many fines you can get on these (checked via a paralegal) so you're just paying 110 every now and then. On average per month or per KMs driven, it is not a lot.

Alternatively, and this is what I used to do for my S2k, is have the front plate in the frame inside the car and when pulled over just say 'yes sir I am aware it is not on, I was just on my way to Canadian Tire to find the right screws' while showing the plate in the frame. Worked for me three times, which was funny since I thought they would be record it in their system and the story will fall flat the second time around, but I guess they didn't bother with it.

Back