• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lift door panel straight up off the sill-not

Nvr mind--figured out how search works now

working out very well. Not the original door panels and fit is tight where the sash covers were removed. Door panel doesn't seem to want to budge past them--the silver metal strip that goes along the top of the panel adjacent to the window rubber--is that part of the panel or does that remain? I am thinking I have to pull outwards and up to remove the panel from the sill area. It's completely loose except at the top where the sill is..

My door handle broke and I could have stopped after removing it but decided to remove the entire panel as the window is sticking (drivers side) going up. I just looked at the handle assembly and see the whole molded piece has to be replaced--oh well. But found one being offered for $175 off a 1996 (of course it could break next week)

Oh my email is [email protected] now but nsxprime would not accept a change to this email address--something about problems with gmail posters

OKay I have been able to complete a search--previously I didn't note I had to answer a question now b4 a search took place--something new I guess. Found a good response from D'Ecosse on the subject and have sent him a PM asking for more definitive info as the site he mentioned now charges for the info.

Last edited:
The chrome strip STAYS on the door. You will need to remove the two black sash covers, then start from one end and carefully pry the door panel up and out from the chrome strip. Once you get it to come out, even a slight bit at one end, it will be easy to get it the rest of the way.

Go here for the procedure:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/bose_rr.htm

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
Thanks Larry I did get the bit about the metal strip staying in place but d"Ecosse mentioned something about starting at front and going to rear somthing or other but I think u just covered it--can work from either side to get panal out and then rotate upwards at same time.

Owwww my right hip hurts--think I got a hip pointer from all the squatting --lol---Hey does $175 for the interior left door handle off a 96 sound like a good price--I will know tomorrow what retail price would be for new if any1 has in stock

wow larry--previously I had checked the science of speed site cause I thought I recollected them having something better but I could not find anything--it must be hidden under repairs in their web site. That is exactly what I need --the portion that the cable goes into--once I am able to get the retaining clips out--I will replace both obviously as with my luck, the next week the other side would break. They are right here in Phoenix and so I will call them tomorrow.

I just went outside and removed the door panel--very easy once u know the metal strip stays in place--I had forgotten--started from the front (closest to mirror and pulled outwards until panel came out from under the metal strip. Then continued to pull outwards and up and panel came away going back towards the door lock. It was harder to get the connections unfitted. So now I am looking at two thin wires and maybe two aluminum channels that face towards the outside of the car--I bet I will have to remove the plastic towards the front of the car to see everything- we have a good shop in phoenix and they "fixed" the first time but the fix lasted only briefly--I know I have the newer regulators and I kind of doubt it would be the glides (or shop would have mentioned) so I think it has to be out of alignment or the channels must have some other problem--like all the other threads my glass will only go up halfway if that before sticking but goes down smoothly.

I found an earlier thread on window issues and so resurrected that and this thread can be closed. But I would note that the factory manual is far from accurate in stating to lift the door panel straight up from the sill... More like pull out and upwards beginning at front portion until the panel comes away from under the metal strip at the sill.

Last edited:
Back