• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Location of 4 digit key code

Hey prime,
My family and I are trying to order 3 monell keys for our cars. I've read on mita's website that the 4 digit key code can be found on the tailight key cylinder the easiest. Do I need to remove the key cylinder from the car to check? If so where on said cylinder would I expect to see the code?

For me I removed the tail lights and you'll see it engraved on top of the cylinder when you remove the center light. I wasn't able to remove the center one without removing the left and right lights so it may be a bit of work to get that center light off. It's basically a bunch of nuts for the tail light studs and disconnecting wires.

Once you get it off you'll see the lock cylinder pretty clearly.

If you have an original key the 4 digit code will be on the key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill try to get them out sometime tomorrow. from what i hear the tabs are a common failing point on these tailights. lets hope nothing breaks! Thank you!
For me I removed the tail lights and you'll see it engraved on top of the cylinder when you remove the center light. I wasn't able to remove the center one without removing the left and right lights so it may be a bit of work to get that center light off. It's basically a bunch of nuts for the tail light studs and disconnecting wires.

Once you get it off you'll see the lock cylinder pretty clearly.

With European spec, there is no code on the key including the spares.

For security reason, didn't want sharing where to look at but seems like too late.

Just remove the centre light/panel with 'A' or 'H' badge.

No need removing the R & L taillight assys.
If you have to, something not installed or aligned properly.
In fact if you try removing the R & L taillight assys without first removing the centre panel, they will be damaged.

I'll PM you the photo of the code location.

Kaz

With European spec, there is no code on the key including the spares.

For security reason, didn't want sharing where to look at but seems like too late.

Just remove the centre light/panel with 'A' or 'H' badge.

No need removing the R & L taillight assys.
If you have to, something not installed or aligned properly.
In fact if you try removing the R & L taillight assys without first removing the centre panel, they will be damaged.

I'll PM you the photo of the code location.

Kaz

Kaz is right! My brain seems to have gotten it reversed as I looked back on my picture and it seems like the center light comes out first. For atonement I have attached this picture showing you where my digits were found. Friendly reminder to always take things with a grain of salt on the internet, unless it's from a trusted source like Kaz, then you just blindly accept it as truth. :)

y4mOWO_5XlfYm4pvExV7bUj-hdkopJJPj0bz5DN0F25jQ6FPC7R62mjZ-07sysUWbxooxLqzv4Wni9mDDxcVFrFxi7PZhl4r5tNi1kvp4PoNdWU8EIYJCPMTxMm-PlJvnbo0jxl50gBpRX1B_-nzdnsm8wZWC4yH0V96H_2JsB-PUSvTwuCguwX46Dx4j3o-qlo

EDIT: the red indicates where the digits are.

Back