• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Look what showed up at the door!!

put your oem mesh grill back on there, hows the fitment btw

Hey Turbo,
I found a present at my door today from DF also!!! I bought the CF side splitters. So I have now have a DF CF rear diffuser, front lip, the side splitters....I'm just waiting on my VRH kit from Ravi before I install everything. I'm also going to clear bra everything before install...heres a quick mock up pic.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 120
put your oem mesh grill back on there, hows the fitment btw

OEM mesh won't go in there. The downforce mesh is actually good, I like it a lot. It's the way it's cut and held on by little clips that are weak. I fixes mine but this mesh should be cut to the shape of the vent not some rectangle, bent around the opening, glued all around, and the clips as security but tighter and stronger.

Here is what it looks like as it came, I forgot to take a post modified picture. It's not hard to fix. Maybe 15 minutes of bending and some high strength silicone.

4-5 of those slver clips is all that holds it on and as you can see its not trimmed to the shape of the vent. If you don't fix this before install, the sharp grille tabs will cut your hands. Ask me how I know. So then I said screw this, took it out, fixed both, cut them, bent them to shape, glued them, tightened the clips, reinstalled. When I took this photo I had already bent the right side of the grille around the scoop. It was just a rectangular piece cut and pasted on there.

EAA166E7-0CA2-499E-AE72-8F47C8D3FA11-1181-00000130427DD9C1.jpg

Last edited:
Mind you, I am posting this so that downforce will do these better. If I was asked to buy this again, I wouldn't hesitate for a second. I absolutely LOVE the part and I don't say that about that many parts unless I really like them. I think the actual scoop is beautiful and the craftsmanship just fantastic.

Here are a few photos. I did paste these on another thread as someone asked but that's on a DIY thread and shouldn't really be on there.

c998d5a87ac081597ce55e8e2275ba42.jpg

d0d77d29bf3fb8f2eb5713cf0710524a.jpg

Last edited:
T2Go, that looks really, really nice, complementing the black R-wing.

Really nice mod.

T2Go, that looks really, really nice, complementing the black R-wing.

Really nice mod.

Thanks bro. I agree, it's the combination with the R wing that makes both parts look better. My wing was lonely and a little "lost" before. The whole thing tied together nicely.

hows the fitment btw, looks great to me , i like it goes well with everything

hows the fitment btw, looks great to me , i like it goes well with everything

Fitment is very good, you can move it around just a bit before you tighten it all down to get it to line up just like you want. Is it OEM? no. There may be a slight 1mm gap here and there, but it's very very small. Overall I'd say it fits like 99% of OEM.

This is what I like about downforce. Their fitment is always excellent. If you didn't know, and examined it carefully, you'd think it might be OEM.

Hey Turbo,
I found a present at my door today from DF also!!! I bought the CF side splitters. So I have now have a DF CF rear diffuser, front lip, the side splitters....I'm just waiting on my VRH kit from Ravi before I install everything. I'm also going to clear bra everything before install...heres a quick mock up pic.

Can you post better pics? I can't see anything not to insult your fine photography work. LOL

I think they look great....I would look at getting them but they belong on an NSX with FI or something and I dont have SC or Turbo. They add that extra aggressive look, sort of like the ZR1 pieces over the regular C6.

Your NSX was looking clean and still is clean but It's on the path to being aggressive. I say do the hood how you was thinking about doing in your other thread and maybe get the DF side splitter. That will set the car off really nice with the Advans wheels. Silver/Carbon Style :eek:!

Thanks guys. I can't tell you guys how much I like this mod. It has made the car SOOO aggressive. Like I said, this possibly the most prominent part of an NSX. and now it is so pronounced. I parked the car today and as usually when I get back, there are gawkers around it. Usually everyone has a smile. I was far away so as I walked closer I had a lot of time. Twice I saw this guy bend down and try to look inside the vent. Then he tapped it with his knuckle as if trying to find out the material. It bulges out from the body like muscles. From the back you look and they stick out like fender flares on widebody fenders. It's just something you don't miss from any angle.

You know there are those mods that you aren't 100% sure on, you say well this is "different" and you think to yourself better in one way, worse in another? Well this isn't one of them. I will never take these off, and no matter who on prime says the clean NSX lines are ruined or whatever, it doesn't phase me at all. Because I am looking at it in person, and it is 5x better than in photos, and it is just perfect. It made my wing (one of those mods I was always like is it better or is it worse) look proper like it belongs now.

Mind you, I am posting this so that downforce will do these better. If I was asked to buy this again, I wouldn't hesitate for a second. I absolutely LOVE the part and I don't say that about that many parts unless I really like them. I think the actual scoop is beautiful and the craftsmanship just fantastic.

Here are a few photos. I did paste these on another thread as someone asked but that's on a DIY thread and shouldn't really be on there.

c998d5a87ac081597ce55e8e2275ba42.jpg

d0d77d29bf3fb8f2eb5713cf0710524a.jpg

I wasn't sure at first but it looks really good on your car! I firmly believe though that it's because of the color of your car to begin with. From what I've seen on Spa yellow or formula red NSXs... IMO they don't look all that great on them.

Can you post better pics? I can't see anything not to insult your fine photography work. LOL

Holy Shit!!! Those pics do suck!!! I never looked at the thread after I posted them....I actually forgot I posted them. I'll try and take a few new ones:biggrin:

Back