• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking at one today. Quick question

Can anyone adivse what the snap-ring situation means?

How easy or diffiicult is it to retrofit power steering to a 91?

This car is in gorgeous shape, 61,000 miles. I can get it for something less than 30K

I for one wouldn't worry about power sterring. The car is much more precise with the manual steering. Its a matter of personal preference, drive the car first and see how you like it.

This car is in gorgeous shape, 61,000 miles. I can get it for something less than 30K

I for one wouldn't worry about power sterring. The car is much more precise with the manual steering. Its a matter of personal preference, drive the car first and see how you like it.

I just flat HATE the P/S and would take it out.

power assist only activates at very low speeds we have debated what that speed is, but we all agree it is less than 37 mph.

It's all in FAQ and it's been discussed at least 1,000 times. Basically the ring inside the tranny case can snap. This is limited to a very few number of cars.

Once again, this can be found in the FAQ, but if you really want electric assisted steering you need to buy an early automatic NSX or 95+.

You can certianly try.

I had the same concern about the power steering but after driving the car, I'm going to say I would have it no other way. You can feel the turns alot better without power steering and after the car starts rolling, its very easy to turn. The only time its hard is when you are parking, but trust me, its not that bad especially since the vehicle is light up front anyways. You'll get use to it and never even have a second thought about not having power steering.

I used to have a '94 w/o power steering.. If I can park it, you guys shoud have no problem.. My next NSX will also be manual steering. I just like it a lot better...

Don't worry about the lack of power steering, the car is fine the way it is. ITs not like its a 4000lb muscle car with all the weight on the front wheels.

Back