• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for a car to shoot.

Hi all, new member so be nice! :smile:

I am a photographer based in Waterloo. I mainly shoot cars and anything automotive, and have spotted a few NSX’s (2 red, 1 black) around Waterloo recently.

I am always on the lookout for nice cars to shoot, and seeing as these three keep taunting me I thought I’d see if their owners were on here. Below is a link to my website if you want to see my other work.

http://www.robsmithphotography.com/

So if anyone would like some professional hi-res images of your car please feel free to ping me and we can set something up, all of my equipment is professional quality so I’m sure you’ll be happy with the results. I’m not out to take hundreds of snaphots, just a few real keepers, works of art. The Supra I shot recently was an awesome car, gorgeous lines and running nearly 600bhp!

Just about me, so I have been in Canada (came from the UK) for nearly a year now and love it. The only thing I miss are the twisty roads of the UK plus the bright orange Lotus Exige I had to sell before I came. (Plus UK cops seem a bit more lenient than yours ha ha)

3431457709_3ac076285f.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3581/3431457709_3ac076285f.jpg

I have always been a fan of the NSX, watching F1 from an early age, growing up with Senna as a hero, it has always been a car to me that exudes a passion for excellence. Hopefully in a few years time I might be able to get one as a replacement for the Exige… (If anyone wants to buy two children let me know!) :wink:

cheers
Rob

Edited to say URL is now working, woohoo!

Last edited:
Hi all, new member so be nice! :smile:

I am a photographer based in Waterloo. I mainly shoot cars and anything automotive, and have spotted a few NSX’s (2 red, 1 black) around Waterloo recently.

Pretty sure those seen are mine... the black one :biggrin: the Red one is currently being driven by my brother...

Here is pro shots from a month ago:

WORK_19.jpg

ART_11.jpg

Recent Shots from my cell phone, some work completed on it:

IMG00019-20090616-1501.jpg

IMG00018-20090616-1501.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you didn't pay for that picture.... because it's terrible.
Whats wrong with it? I think its cool.

Not everyone shares your awesome taste...:rolleyes:

It's not even in focus. :rolleyes:

Here's some of mine, to be fair. Feel free to critisize.

3610327142_34dbe0e375_o.jpg

3572355712_48a25edb51_o.jpg

3571790939_f5b77b7618_o.jpg

Rob, those are great pictures. The only thing I'd say is that the Supra isn't totally in focus, which I know is very, very hard to do while moving and the TVR isn't in the whole picture. Other than that, fantastic colour, everything. Nice work.

Last edited:
It's not even in focus. :rolleyes:

2487922724_52447509a7_o.jpg

Rob, those are great pictures. The only thing I'd say is that the Supra isn't totally in focus, which I know is very, very hard to do while moving and the TVR isn't in the whole picture. Other than that, fantastic colour, everything. Nice work.

All this time I thought it was snap shot from GT5 :eek:

or

a painting from the white dude with the serious afro who paints on show 'The Joy of Painting'. :eek:

Last edited:
All this time I thought it was snap shot from GT5 :eek:

or

a painting from the white dude with the serious afro who paints on show 'The Joy of Painting'. :eek:

Ha ha, just looked up Bob Ross, first time I've ever heard of him!

That road is in North Wales in the UK, in one of the best driving areas for miles around. A lot of the magazines take the cars to that area to really test them, EVO magazine did a shoot there a while ago with a Ferrari 288 vs an F40 vs an F50, awesome stuff...

95Eagle I'm sure there was a reason at the time for not including the whole car, can't remember what. Although I agree it would look better with the whole car in the pic. Love your Evo shot btw.

Wish my Nsx looked as good as that last Red one with the PUURRR plate.
Trev

I hope you didn't pay for that picture.... because it's terrible.

They are promo shots done for free by a friend... there are alot more better pics thought I just throw a few up :rolleyes:

I thought it was cool too... guess seeing how both of us have black nsx's makes us un-cool... LOL :biggrin:

What's with the eye rolling at my comment? You throw up a pretty bad picture and that's all I said. I'm glad you didn't pay for it. If you want to promote a photographer, put up better pictures.

I find pictures of cars is a lot like art ... very subjective ... some like, some don't like. I've seen pictures purposely out of focus, blured by some type of filter, over saturated by the camera settings or modified after the fact using photoshop. I'm certainly not a photographer but I do know what I like and when I do, I say so, when I don't, I keep quiet. It's fine to express your opinion but remember it is just an opinion. Perhaps if you toned down your comments some there would be less eye rolling ...... just a suggestion.:wink:

BTW, I think all of these pics are interesting, especially like the one with the TVR and the long straight road.

Dan

Last edited:
What's with the eye rolling at my comment? You throw up a pretty bad picture and that's all I said. I'm glad you didn't pay for it. If you want to promote a photographer, put up better pictures.

Dude I'm not promoting anything... just posted some random pics that Rob could maybe identify my cars. Cool you don't like my posted pics you thought they were pretty bad... I get it... lets move along to something else. Will you be bringing you car down to Waterloo to get some snaps done by Rob?

Last edited:
Dude, Drop it already.
Forget the past.
I have forgot about Ryan when he sold his Nsx.
Now he comes around and wants to take pictures of my Hot Red Nsx...lol
We keep him around like a mascot and he knows how to swing a mean Aluminum Baseball Bat across the back of the Head as well.
He found the camera in a Ravine by my house and now thinks he is the official photographer for all Edmonton Events.
This Ryan guy changes cars like I change my underwear.....once a month.
He's into this and then that.
I saw him wearing colours the other day.
Then fatigues the next.
He is calm, then explodes!
I will go add extra locks in my house now that I've posted this.
Trev

Dude, Drop it already.
Forget the past.
I have forgot about Ryan when he sold his Nsx.
Now he comes around and wants to take pictures of my Hot Red Nsx...lol
We keep him around like a mascot and he knows how to swing a mean Aluminum Baseball Bat across the back of the Head as well.
He found the camera in a Ravine by my house and now thinks he is the official photographer for all Edmonton Events.
This Ryan guy changes cars like I change my underwear.....once a month.
He's into this and then that.
I saw him wearing colours the other day.
Then fatigues the next.
He is calm, then explodes!
I will go add extra locks in my house now that I've posted this.
Trev

Trev all I have to say is LOL!

Back