• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

looking for feedback on H&R lowering Springs

Hello all,

I was wondering what the pro's and con's are to H&R lowering springs with an inch an a half drop? For the people using them could you please provide specs on what wheels and tire set up you are running. I searched the old threads on this and only found members that were selling them but not much info on the springs or set ups themselves.

much appreciated!

I had them for a few years with koni shocks.I used 215/45/17 and 225/45/16 fronts the 225 series rubbed on compression,but these were a track set with P zero C's.I was not too keen on the amount of lowering,too much for NE roads.I also felt like I ran out of spring compression on some tracks leading to bump steer.Astheticly the small wheel gap looked good,so pick your poison.

The H&R springs seem to be a love / hate thing with their owners. From what I have read they look great due to the extra .5in drop but they lower the car enough that lots of people have issues with their alignment. Eibach seems to be the safer bet or the Dali springs if you can find them used.

FWIW I have the Dali springs that lower the car 1.25in and it looks great, rides great, etc. I was able to get my car aligned with the camber almost to stock specs but any more drop and I would have had quite a bit of negative camber.

Last edited:
1.5" aint too bad and makes the car look a lot better IMO. I've ran different 17/18, 18/18, 18/19, 15/16 and I think what makes for rubbing are wheel specs (width, offset) and tire size.

See when I bought my NSX, it came with the H&R plus the gentlemen put believe it or not and I have found a few other members that have this combo but he put 19's on the front and rear. with a 215/35 for the fronts and it rubbs like madd. What I want to do is buy new wheels and tires and keep the H&R because I do like the look and that was one of the reasons why I bought this car. But the rubbing bugs the hell out of me. So I see some guys here with 17 on their cars and it gives the same look as mine. But I need some direction from people that have the H&R and to learn from there experience so when it comes time to buy I can make the right choice.

where it rubbs - on the front of the tire - the back of the tire and as well in the corner on the inner wall were it is rubbing off the undercoat when you turn too hard.

Thanks to you all and to whom ever adds more info!

cheers!

The H&R's were on the car when I first bought it. I love how it felt with the car. Not too bouncy or too stiff it was a perfect combo with stock shocks on the road imo. I am looking to get some Kw's in a bit though.

When I first bought it, the car had 16/17 combo.
img6061m.jpg

dsc00494xf.jpg

Now it has 17/18 combo
DSC_1216.jpg

388304051902aa88df37b.jpg

215/35 f
275/30 r
No rubbing at all.

Tuan

Last edited:
The 19 in the front are seriously oversized. Most people go 215/35/18 with 19s in the back. A 215/35 on 19 in rim has a ~25 inch diameter for the front. The front of our NSX is designed to take ~24 inch diameter for front tires. This is why you are getting serious rubbing, because your tires a bit too big.

good springs, drop is pretty low. i have them mated with koni adjustables and on full soft setting it still has a nice firm feel. with full firm it feels like hell on your bones. absolutely dont do it on stock shocks. i made that mistake before and it was the worst ride ever. very bouncy and felt like the car was losing control at high speeds.

See when I bought my NSX, it came with the H&R plus the gentlemen put believe it or not and I have found a few other members that have this combo but he put 19's on the front and rear. with a 215/35 for the fronts and it rubbs like madd. What I want to do is buy new wheels and tires and keep the H&R because I do like the look and that was one of the reasons why I bought this car. But the rubbing bugs the hell out of me. So I see some guys here with 17 on their cars and it gives the same look as mine. But I need some direction from people that have the H&R and to learn from there experience so when it comes time to buy I can make the right choice.

where it rubbs - on the front of the tire - the back of the tire and as well in the corner on the inner wall were it is rubbing off the undercoat when you turn too hard.

Thanks to you all and to whom ever adds more info!

cheers!

OK, so as N Spec has said 19" fronts are too big 99% of the time, this is why you are rubbing like mad.

If you are going to do 19" fronts, you will need VERY CAREFULLY selected width, offset, tires and you will need some other mods to make it work (it is still not for daily driving, more for show)

With the current setup you have, no amount of raising the car will stop the rubbing, not even stock height.

Easy solution? Get 18" fronts.

Harder solution? Look at getting different tires, machining the offset on wheels, removing fender liners, pounding wheelwells etc. etc.

BTW - I think 19/19 looks wrong with most wheels on the NSX anyway so unless you want 19/20's, just get some 18" fronts.

To owners of H&R springs, do you guys remember if there are wordings that are marked clearly on the rears that say "50146R" or something to that effect?

FWIW I have the Dali springs that lower the car 1.25in and it looks great, rides great, etc. I was able to get my car aligned with the camber almost to stock specs but any more drop and I would have had quite a bit of negative camber.

+1:wink:

They'll bottom-out your shocks if you're not careful driving and will probably cause your shocks to fail prematurely (especially stock shocks). If you find you are bottoming-out, a trick that is used is to cut the shafts on your shocks and re-machine whatever thread is needed on to the shorter shaft. That way, at least you won't get the bottom of the shaft slamming the inside of the shock cylinder.

Or just get a coilover setup I imagine...

Back