• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for NSX technician in Sacramento

Getting ready to buy one of two cars for sale in Sacramento and need a good technician to check the cars out for me. Does anybody know Tony at Kay's auto performance? He took over Pettitts auto repair. Tony told me on the phone he is an nsx tech.

THANKS to any advice!!

Getting ready to buy one of two cars for sale in Sacramento and need a good technician to check the cars out for me. Does anybody know Tony at Kay's auto performance? He took over Pettitts auto repair. Tony told me on the phone he is an nsx tech.

THANKS to any advice!!
If your in Sacramento, take it to Shad Huntley at Driving Ambition. He is nsx guru and used to work for Comptech.Busy one man shop but he is the man in nor cal. His shop is in Rancho Cordova.

Thanks, sent him an email. Do you have tel number for him? Don't see one on line. See you are in el sobrante. I'm in Vacaville

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, sent him an email and found tel on yelp.

Thanks, sent him an emailh him . Do you have tel number for him? Don't see one on line. See you are in el sobrante. I'm in Vacaville

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, sent him an email and found tel on yelp.
Another word of advice, you must call Shad relentlessly to reach him on the phone. He is usually installing a supercharger for a client or working on a race prepped nsx. I usually reach him at 9/10 am. But once you reach him, it is worth it. He knows his stuff. Keep in mind though, a whole lot of nsx's from the northwest crosses his path so he is always busy. Usually, there are 6 nsx's in his shop and that is when race season is closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the website.
http://www.drivingambitionmotorsports.com/default.asp

I'm in Vacaville also and I also take my NSX to Shad at Driving Ambition. He's a great guy and he's never let me or my NSX down. :)

The best part about taking a car to Shad is that he can rethread many stripped out bolts on the car especially on the valve covers which are magnesium and everyone messes up. Also, non compliance rear bushing can be pressed into the rear beam without removal. A very highly recommended upgrade which usually consists of removing the rear beam and shipping it out. I could spend weekends at his shop learning new things about the car. He knows everything about it.

Spent a few hours with Shad today going over a 91. He knows everything there is to know about these cars. Reminded me of a former Western zone instructor for MBZ I used to live by. Real Expert Mechanics. Car made the cut and checked out well. Needs a few things but nothing major. Will be in my first NSX tomorrow.

Spent a few hours with Shad today going over a 91. He knows everything there is to know about these cars. Reminded me of a former Western zone instructor for MBZ I used to live by. Real Expert Mechanics. Car made the cut and checked out well. Needs a few things but nothing major. Will be in my first NSX tomorrow.

Congrats! Maybe I'll see you running around Vacaville sometime. I see a stock red 91-93 NSX parked behind the Best Buy installation garage every now and then.

Back