• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

looking for previous owner

hi,

i am looking at purchasing a silver 1997 from a dealer in the houston area. i was hoping to maybe get in contact with the previous owner to obtain some helpful information about the car. if any of you have recently traded in a silver 2007 and think this is your car, i would greatly appreciate if you could give me some insite on the car.

-scott

This one?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...kId=20001&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

Nice upside down "A" symbol on the front. ;) Looks like it has a full spare wheel in the front too! Im not 100% sure but I think it was that dealer that was selling a white NSX with lambo doors along with other stuff not fully disclosed in the listing.They later took off the lambo doors.Let me try to find that thread.

it's this car. what is your impression of this car? does global motorcars have a good reputation? thanks.

-scott

This one?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...kId=20001&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

Nice upside down "A" symbol on the front. ;) Looks like it has a full spare wheel in the front too! Im not 100% sure but I think it was that dealer that was selling a white NSX with lambo doors along with other stuff not fully disclosed in the listing.They later took off the lambo doors.Let me try to find that thread.

Not in my book. Then again, not too many used car dealers in Houston do other than those affiliated with high-end new cars, and even then...

Best thing is to do what you are doing. Keep digging. Find the previous owner, etc.

Ara

I would stay away from Global. There was another member on here who was going to purchase that white one that sat on their lot for a long time. He scheduled an appointment to pick it up and they assured him the car was still there. He shows up...and voila...the car is "sold" and gone.
That's just bad business practice

Saw you this morning on I-10 and Washington/Westcott.

I would stay away from Global. There was another member on here who was going to purchase that white one that sat on their lot for a long time. He scheduled an appointment to pick it up and they assured him the car was still there. He shows up...and voila...the car is "sold" and gone.

Tell him it was a blessing in disguise. :wink:

thanks all for your thoughts and input. just want to tell you about experience with global so far. i scheduled to have a ppi at sterling mccall acura. service advisor messed up on the scheduling and when global brought the car there no one at acura knew about the ppi. anyhow, the car was left there and the ppi was done. the service advisor that i originally made the schedule quoted me $130 for the compression test. after the test was done they wanted to billed me $220. i was not about to pay the difference as this was a big mistake on their part. the advisor had originaly apologize for misquoting me, but then later told her boss that she never quoted me $130. anyhow, global came to pick up the car and sterling would not release it until the balance is paid. i was willing to compromise and split the difference and pay $170. as sterling was contempating on this, global took it upon them to pay for the entire bill of $280. they even apologize to me that i had to deal with such bad service from sterling.

global did this not knowing if i will end up buying the car. to me this is pretty good service. i am unhappy with the way sterling treated me and would not use them again.

thanks again all for your help. i hope to be an offical owner of the nsx soon :smile:

scott

Saw you this morning on I-10 and Washington/Westcott.

Right around 8AM, I would suspect. That would be Alison taking our son to school. I am in Californi this week. It's our son's favorite car... It should be! He only exists because Alison and I met in the NSX club in Houston back in 1998...

Ara

Back