• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for the best Professional Paint shop in SoCal!!!

Hi,

Anyone on prime ever had their car professionally painted?!! I am looking for the best paint shop in southern California. If you have any recommendations, please email me at [email protected]

Thank you in advance.

Check out MV in Santa Ana.....theres also sixteen customs in Gardena.

the answer depends on the work that you are getting done.

can you please let us know what kind of car ? (your zanardi etc)

what needs to be done

thanks

the answer depends on the work that you are getting done.

can you please let us know what kind of car ? (your zanardi etc)

what needs to be done

thanks

SoCalx,

:biggrin: no paint is touching my pristine Zanardi. I am in the process of obtaining a daily driver NSX. I am seriously considering a cosmetic fixer upper for my daily driver. Thanks for the assistance.

how much was it?

There are too many variables in my case as I had him custom fab the hood duct, flatten out dimples in Taitec rear quarters, fit new sideskirts, nose, etc. You can likely expect to pay MINIMUM $7k for a complete paint job. All panels were removed for painting to get all the nooks and crannies. Give him a call to get a rough quote. Sure he will want to see it in person before you get a solid quote. Most importantly, he will offer suggestions if you want to be a little different...my black roof is black pearl and not the oem berlina black. My entire car was also painted before...poor job I must say. He had to sand out most of that as well.

Jeff

Last edited:
There are too many variables in my case as I had him custom fab the hood duct, flatten out dimples in Taitec rear quarters, fit new sideskirts, nose, etc. You can likely expect to pay MINIMUM $7k for a complete paint job. All panels were removed for painting to get all the nooks and crannies. Give him a call to get a rough quote. Sure he will want to see it in person before you get a solid quote. Most importantly, he will offer suggestions if you want to be a little different...my black roof is black pearl and not the oem berlina black. My entire car was also painted before...poor job I must say. He had to sand out most of that as well.

Jeff
thanks jeff. i think the only part i want painted as of now is the trunk and maybe the wing if i decide to keep it oem. also the doors can be painted as well, but im just being meticulous. i already have new paint in the front and back.

What color is your daily driver NSX?

I had my bumper painted at Downforce. They did an amazing job fixing all the bodywork and they painted it very well. The paint job itself was phenomenal. A+ quality work.

The only problem was the paint color was about a shade off at dawn or under parking lot lights. The color was extremely close during the day in direct sunlight, but visible at night. They were trying to color match my Formula Red Head light covers. I can't really hold it against them, because I knew the Formula Red was a harder color to color match perfectly.

I talked to Joe at Vince's Autobody (pbassjo) and he explained why the color is slightly off at night. He has came up with a paint formula and process to get the Formula Red color perfect.

I would consult with him first if you are trying to color match other panels. If your painting the whole car, then it doesn't really matter.

I've used Johnsons...(Monterey Park Auto Body)...

Say his cousin Trung reffered you (My buddy) and he should be able to even take some more $$$ off..He uses Glassurit paint...About 10 years ago I had a Civic converted to a CTR) painted by him, drove it all the way up north (past WA state) and back down to Socal. Not a single rock chip....

I saw some of the best paint jobs come out of K&W Autobody in Diamond Bar...

http://www.knwautobody.com/

Im not quite sure what you are looking for as far as budget range and what not but give kenny a call...

I saw a perfectly painted midnight purple GTR there...

The guy dropped 25k on that paintjob... however it was absolutely perfect...

Of course you im sure they do the stuff thats more along the norm too...

I think thats a pretty good place to start...

Jeff

Back