• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for value opinion on 1991 with interesting history.

Hi All,

I'm a long time owner of a 1991 NSX. Black on Black 5 speed all original with 20K miles.

I bought this car in 1993 from the original owner Harry Brix. It is Brix of Comptech/Brix Racing. Harry was a good friend of mine and we also had business interests together. Harry was given the car by Acura when they were campaigning the NSX GTP in IMSA. I have all of the original keys including the titanium one as well as the "Making Of" book and the replacement tire certificates in Brix's name. The car shows somewhere between excellent and concourse on the Hagerty grading scale. I'm trying to come up with a market value for it because I'm ready to pass it on to a new owner who has a vested interest in it. My plan is to then discount it because I really want this person to have ownersip of it. I don't want to arbitrarily value it because I'm biased and the circumstances and history are an unknown factor in added value.

If the community can chime in with opinions it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi All,

I'm a long time owner of a 1991 NSX. Black on Black 5 speed all original with 20K miles.

I bought this car in 1993 from the original owner Harry Brix. It is Brix of Comptech/Brix Racing. Harry was a good friend of mine and we also had business interests together. Harry was given the car by Acura when they were campaigning the NSX GTP in IMSA. I have all of the original keys including the titanium one as well as the "Making Of" book and the replacement tire certificates in Brix's name. The car shows somewhere between excellent and concourse on the Hagerty grading scale. I'm trying to come up with a market value for it because I'm ready to pass it on to a new owner who has a vested interest in it. My plan is to then discount it because I really want this person to have ownersip of it. I don't want to arbitrarily value it because I'm biased and the circumstances and history are an unknown factor in added value.

If the community can chime in with opinions it would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Welcome to Prime! You should start here to get a baseline value of the car:

This wonderful tool is probably the most accurate Gen1 NSX valuation tool available anywhere. It gives you a nice step-by-step method of calculating your car's potential value using real world sales data.

Once you have your baseline, then you need to consider how much to add based on the car's unique history. The tool has a "celebrity ownership" multiplier, but it's just a guide. There is a difference between a George Lucas/Tom Cruise/Ayrton Senna owned NSX and someone from the real housewives of New Jersey. :)

The NSX's history with IMSA/CT is not as well known in the marketplace as its later run in Realtime Racing and in Super GT, so my sense is that the multiplier would be on the lower end of the spectrum. If the car was raced by Acura as a CT or World Challenge car, then maybe more. But, the fact that it was owned by someone associated with CT won't add as much.

It sounds like a really cool NSX!

Here are sales from the last year, sorted highest price first. Probably if you just look at the first dozen or so you'll see where your car would fit.

There's one very weird sale in the data over the last year, a 184k mile example that was allegedly sold for $84K (!!!) in a Hagerty auction in 2/2023, then resold on BaT for $53K this month. Hagerty comments are kinda interesting..... https://www.hagerty.com/marketplace/auction/5ArB9GKcEMxnOZtA9asprX

$53K seems more like it.

Last edited:
I doubt if that specific original owner would add any value, but the fact that you've had the car for 30 years probably will. Many of the cars have had 4 or 6 or 8 owners by now.

Back