• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking to purchase the Evora

I noticed a few members have purchased the Evora. I am looking for some input as far as the maintenance cost for the Evora manual versus Evora IPS(automatic). Hopefully some members that have had the car for a few years can chime in. I was initially leaning towards the IPS because I have heard stories about the premature clutch failure with a cost of 6-9000 to replace but now I am hearing the long term maintenance cost of the IPS will surpass the Manual because there are issues with the IPS as well. I guess I am spoiled from having the NSX and I do not want to get overwhelmed with maintenance costs. I am also seeing different reports that the clutch failure is just for 2010 but the 2011 and up should not have issues. I have also seen in some places that the clutch is actually considered durable and should last at least 100K. I have posted directly in the lotus forum but since I am a new member there the moderator apparently has to read and approve my post before it shows up so I wanted to get some feedback on prime while I wait. My concern is the yearly maintenance cost because the Evora will be my daily driver and not a garage queen. Thanks in advance for the feedback and while I do respect all opinions I am hoping this does not turn into an automatic versus manual debate. I am only looking at it in a cost stand point.

And yes, I am still keeping the NSX :) .

Shoot a PM to Primer Bob_54. He owned a '91 Berlina NSX, and is now an Evora owner (orange!). He is very knowledgeable about his Evora.

Back