• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lost churches in New Orleans

My boss sent me this :

One of the local television stations in South Louisiana aired an interview with a woman from New Orleans. The interviewer, a female reporter from a Boston affiliate, asked the woman how such total and complete devastation of the churches in the area had affected their lives.

The woman replied, "I don't know about all those other people, but we get our chicken from Popeye's".

The look on the interviewer's face was priceless.

Cheers .. Gus

No Taste

That was extremely bad class for posting that here, even if it was a joke from your boss. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Re: No Taste

Juice said:
I'm in very poor taste as well because I laughed at the joke. Woah is me, I love me some Popeye's chicken! Yum, yum!

Me to; but Church's Chicken is pretty good. We have a couple in NYC. Their chicken has a "sweet" taste to it.

davidkimchee said:
Churchs and Popeyes are owned by the same parent company.

Didnt know that. Remember-Biscuits make the meal:biggrin:

Yellow Rose said:
That was extremely bad class for posting that here, even if it was a joke from your boss. :mad: :mad: :mad:
YR,

i'm in the group that doesn't understand the faux pas with this post - please explain your comment.

thx,
hal

The Kid said:
Me to; but Church's Chicken is pretty good. We have a couple in NYC. Their chicken has a "sweet" taste to it.

Church's has some extremely large chicken pieces. Do they get the bodybuilder chickens?? :wink: Its like their chickens are all injected with steroids! I'm not complaining, thats just more meat!!! :tongue:

Maybe the womens only frame of referance for the word 'church', is food. Maybe she is an athiest or agnostic.

Perhaps, humor is the only way some people keep from going mad in the face of such life changing devastation.

I'm up with either, if it works for her.
I thought it was very funny.

Mark

I think the faux paus might be because of the ethnic connotation associated with fried chicken. Remember ole Fuzzy Zoeller and Tiger Woods? Although this is not anywhere near that level. If you read it, there is no ethnic connotation at all. But if you read into it there might be...

A few years ago, Fuzzy Zoeller, a white pro golfer, was asked what he thought Black Pro Golfer Tiger Woods was going to serve at the Masters dinner, Zoeller replied, "Chicken, watermelon, or whatever those people eat."

That was inexcusable by Fuzzy and the way Tiger handled the situation shows what a class act he is.

Church's Chicken is garbage BTW, that's some greasy chicken. There's an old joke about knowing that you're in a really bad neighborhood when you see a Church's Chicken.

Yellow Rose said:

i agree. thats not even fucking funny. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Imagine the shit the victims of the hurricane must've gone through. There's no doubt that if such disaster took in a wealthier, non-colored regions, the government would've responded quicker with more efficiency.

I said it before and I say it again. "It sucks to be poor in this world."

downwiz2 said:
i agree. thats not even fucking funny. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Imagine the shit the victims of the hurricane must've gone through. There's no doubt that if such disaster took in a wealthier, non-colored regions, the government would've responded quicker with more efficiency.

LOL. Some people...

bsudiro said:
My boss sent me this :

One of the local television stations in South Louisiana aired an interview with a woman from New Orleans. The interviewer, a female reporter from a Boston affiliate, asked the woman how such total and complete devastation of the churches in the area had affected their lives.

The woman replied, "I don't know about all those other people, but we get our chicken from Popeye's".

Cheers .. Gus
WHAT WAS I THINKING? !!!

church's is a southern chicken-chain... man, i gotta take some "lighten up pills" cause that never even occurred to me. i don't think it's too funny, but i can appreciate the humor in it. speaking of lighten up pills, some of you who couldn't appreciate the humor that would have gotten a big laugh on SNL or chris rock oughta take a few and chill.

last thing: that resident who may have said made that statement may, like many of us, have been using humor as her way of not ripping her teeth out.

<sigh>

Malibu Rapper said:
Church's Chicken is garbage BTW, that's some greasy chicken. There's an old joke about knowing that you're in a really bad neighborhood when you see a Church's Chicken.

Hey Malibu Rich Guy, there’s church’s chicken right down the street from my old house. What are you trying to say about me? I don't find that joke amusing in the least bit:mad: :mad:

This BS just pisses me off to no end. Just because a fast food restaurant is located in the vicinity of my home you’re accusing me of being poor or stupid? If you’re asking for trouble you got it.:mad: :mad:

Easy now, I'm just Kidding!

vintagecarman said:
Hey Malibu Rich Guy, there’s church’s chicken right down the street from my old house. What are you trying to say about me? I don't find that joke amusing in the least bit:mad: :mad: :mad:

This BS just pisses me off to no end. Just because a fast food restaurant is located in the vicinity of my home you’re accusing me of being poor or stupid? If you’re asking for trouble you got it.:mad: :mad:

Easy now, I'm just Kidding!

If you didn't live in such a bad neighborhood and the chances of me getting shot weren't so high, I'd go down there and give you a piece of my mind!:mad::mad::mad:

You don't live near a Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, too do you? :mad::mad::mad:

bsudiro said:
My boss sent me this :

Cheers .. Gus

You got to be careful around here Gus. There are way to many uptight people on these boards with no sense of humor. I've been down that path :rolleyes:

Thanks for the post, i got a "harmless" chuckle out of it as did a few others I see.

The Church's in our neighborhood closed down :frown:

Whats that say about San Jose?

Ill tell you what it says....You cant have a fried chicken joint in the middle of Vietnam central and expect it to do well.

OooooOOoo....Im a racist.

Whatever

downwiz2 said:

You've got no clue!!! Everyone that lives in the south is not poor and everyone that got effected by Katrina was certainly not. You are a prime example of the type of person who believes everything cnn tells you without a shred of reality. The media made a huge issue out of the poor people of New Orleans, but its mostly the poor that got the most money from FEMA and MEMA, Red Cross, ect. And you know what they are doing with it... Blowing it on nonessentials like car audio, video and wheels, to name a few that I have first hand dealings with. Then they complain that they dont have anywhere to live:rolleyes: I lost a business, a building, two cars, part of my roof on my house, damage to the inside of my house, got looted twice and on and on. You know what I recieved from the govt.....NOTHING. I have insurance and my income level prevents me from recieving any benifits! I qualify for an SBA loan, but because I have excellent credit I get the 6.8% rate instead of the 2% rate that the bad credit, high risks applicants get??? Whose getting the shaft, the poor, I dont think so. The poor in this area have never had so much money as they do now. The only people mad, are the ones that have blown their money and are poor again.

Sorry for the rant and thread hijack, but I cant stand to see that BS point of view.
That joke is hilarious!!!!

downwiz2 said:

you need to chill out with all of that!! what happened over there has been discussed and thats not even what this was about. it was a joke people.

Malibu Rapper said:
If you didn't live in such a bad neighborhood and the chances of me getting shot weren't so high, I'd go down there and give you a piece of my mind!:mad::mad::mad:

You don't live near a Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, too do you? :mad::mad::mad:

When I lived in Tampa, my house was located on a lake just a few blocks from YOU GOT IT: Martin Luther King Jr Blvd and there was a Church's Chicken right on the corner.

Not kidding:smile:

Personally, I thought it was awful and very greasy. IMO:eek:

SNDSOUL said:
You've got no clue!!! Everyone that lives in the south is not poor and everyone that got effected by Katrina was certainly not. You are a prime example of the type of person who believes everything cnn tells you without a shred of reality. The media made a huge issue out of the poor people of New Orleans, but its mostly the poor that got the most money from FEMA and MEMA, Red Cross, ect. And you know what they are doing with it... Blowing it on nonessentials like car audio, video and wheels, to name a few that I have first hand dealings with. Then they complain that they dont have anywhere to live:rolleyes: I lost a business, a building, two cars, part of my roof on my house, damage to the inside of my house, got looted twice and on and on. You know what I recieved from the govt.....NOTHING. I have insurance and my income level prevents me from recieving any benifits! I qualify for an SBA loan, but because I have excellent credit I get the 6.8% rate instead of the 2% rate that the bad credit, high risks applicants get??? Whose getting the shaft, the poor, I dont think so. The poor in this area have never had so much money as they do now. The only people mad, are the ones that have blown their money and are poor again.

Sorry for the rant and thread hijack, but I cant stand to see that BS point of view.
That joke is hilarious!!!!

I hear that!!

Back