• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Low Coolant in Resevoir?

Hi Everyone!!! A new NSX owner here from Australia.

I just picked her up today. It's a manual '93.

Although dark outside, I had a quick look at the coolant levels, especially since the previous owner gave me a Honda service report from earlier in the year. Under recommendations, one of the items said: Engine Coolant Header Tank Leaking.

The coolant level when cold is below the low mark. For my other cars, i top up my coolant levels so that it's at the low mark when cold.

Is this what you guys do with the nsx or is my coolant level 'normal'? When i say low, it's around another width of high to low under low if you know what i mean.

Do you use coolant supplied by honda only? What others do you recommend? I'll then check if they stock in australia.

Cheers.

Only use Honda coolant (very low in acids and important to this engines many metals).

The coolant tank leaking/cracking in this car is a known problem. With engine cool, fill to a level line and keep an eye on it. It should stay at that level when cool.

Welcome to NSXPrime.

Yes, like all cars, fill to level when cold. If it goes down after running it, you have a leak somewhere. Good luck, hope it was just low. Watch the level and watch for leaks.

thanks guys, i'm off to buy some honda coolant this morning.

Is the coolant reservior or clutch master cylinder under pressure. Can leaks be patched or do they need to be replaced?

thanks guys, i'm off to buy some honda coolant this morning.

Is the coolant reservior or clutch master cylinder under pressure. Can leaks be patched or do they need to be replaced?

Don't waste time trying to patch things, better to replace!

Back