• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

low end torque

own a 91 auto with low miles. want to increase low end torque especially for take off in city driving. car all stock.
please suggest if headers and/or Taitec exhaust would do the trick. Or perhaps need to work on chip replacement.

do they make torque converters for NSXs?
biggrin.gif

That would do the trick. I saw one once in Hyperrev, but can only imagine the cost.
I think a 4.25 or 4.55 Ring and Pinion would give you a "sensation" of more torque than the other options and improve low speed acceleration. There have been many threads regarding this if you do a search under the gGeneral section for gears.

headers and exhaust will probably do more to hurt low-end torque than help. Lower gearing will help for a moment, but then the moment’s gone. I’m not sure there’s much we can reasonably do to our cars to increase low-end torque other than compressing air into the cylinders in some manner.

DanO

Geearing and forced induction/nitrous is the only method that I can think to improve low end torque on a smaller engine like the one in the NSX.

The exhaust modifications you mentioned (exhuast/header) will only give you power in the mid to high range, as DanO points out. The restrictive stock exhaust system increases back pressure assisting with low end torque.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Back