• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Low mile nsx. What do you guys think?

I would rather buy 3 high miles NSX's for that price that have been driven than a low mile junker. that could explode on the way to the bank to pay the guy for the car.

Too few pictures. Something seems off but I can't put my finger on it. It begs the questiin "why is he gonns get rid of it".... Otherwise it's a pristine car.

oil has prob caked onto every tube inside the engine, the coolant is prob brown from sitting. the list goes on, you know all he has done to the car is change the battery prob original tires

Brett, Dealer installed option. not a factory option.

oh and unless there is something i have not been made aware of... MSRP was not 102... it was 89

a low mile junker.

"low mileage junker" ?!?!?! uuuh... what?!?! :rolleyes:
That's a very poor assumption.
To call an '05 with super low miles a "junker" is completely asinine.

Two years ago I purchased my '05 with 2,900 miles; it was as flawless in every possible way I could have imagined.

To the OP - If you can afford it, Buy It! You will most likely need to have the major service completed but it's worth it. (IMO).

I have absolutely NO regrets with my '05 purchase over any other exotic was I contemplating.

VIN is invalid. Wrong assembly plant. The "S" should be a "T".
Am I wrong? I thought the 2005s were assembled in Suzuka. Thus the S in the VIN. A low mileage 2005 with one owner is still a special car IMO. I would deduct the cost of any deferred maintenence from the seller's price and negotiate from there.

Last edited:
Vehicle: 2005 Acura NSX (JH4NA21665S000032)
Event dateLocationOdometer reading Data SourceDetails
02/21/2006 OR 82
Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
04/04/2006 PORTLAND, OR

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:0609466015)
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
02/15/2008 OR 389
03/20/2008 PORTLAND, OR

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:0808065713)
03/20/2008 PORTLAND, OR

Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
12/18/2009 OR 1,000
State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
12/29/2009 PORTLAND, OR

05/21/2010 OR 1,793
06/03/2010 PORTLAND, OR

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:1015497875)
01/13/2012 OR 22,000
State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
01/26/2012 PORTLAND, OR

02/29/2012 PORTLAND, OR

<tbody>
</tbody>

- - - Updated - - -

I personally dont think its bad. I am different from the others hear and LIKE the chrome wheels on it. I do think the price is a subjective thing. I wont say i hope he doesnt get it or close b/c honestly it helps the value of all the 05s.

but if i were shopping i would try for a lesser price. Remember there are probably 10 with that kind of mileage on them at most.... so pickins are slim if you want super low miles.

Am I wrong? I thought the 2005s were assembled in Suzuka. Thus the S in the VIN. A low mileage 2005 with one owner is still a special car IMO. I would deduct the cost of any deferred maintenence from the seller's price and negotiate from there.

The VIN decoder came up with that.

The vin issue really bugs me. I didn't notice that at the beginning.
I ask the owner about the maintenance of the car over pass years. he email back this "I have all the service records--what there are of them. I don't have the specifics right at hand, but I have changed the oil, clutch and brake fluids, twice, I think. So, every couple years I try and get it in. Of course, I also start it and drive short distances every few months. The battery remains disconnected with one of those green fobs when It sits for longer periods of time. To give you an idea of how lightly used the car is, There is still plastic on the badge on the passenger side door sill. "

Vehicle: 2005 Acura NSX (JH4NA21665S000032)
Event dateLocationOdometer reading Data SourceDetails
02/21/2006 OR 82 Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
04/04/2006 PORTLAND, OR Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:0609466015)
02/15/2008 OR 389 Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
03/20/2008 PORTLAND, OR Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:0808065713)
03/20/2008 PORTLAND, OR Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
12/18/2009 OR 1,000 State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
12/29/2009 PORTLAND, OR Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
05/21/2010 OR 1,793 Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
06/03/2010 PORTLAND, OR Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:1015497875)
01/13/2012 OR 22,000 State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
01/26/2012 PORTLAND, OR Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
02/29/2012 PORTLAND, OR Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

<tbody>
</tbody>

- - - Updated - - -

I personally dont think its bad. I am different from the others hear and LIKE the chrome wheels on it. I do think the price is a subjective thing. I wont say i hope he doesnt get it or close b/c honestly it helps the value of all the 05s.

but if i were shopping i would try for a lesser price. Remember there are probably 10 with that kind of mileage on them at most.... so pickins are slim if you want super low miles.

how come the miles show 22,000 on 01/13/2012? the carfax from autotrader didn't show any mileage on that date.

IMO b/c the guy at the inspection machine probably asked the guy in the car how many miles and he said "22" and change and the guy put 22000

OR he fat fingered the 0's and put one too many. I hate when they "round" it off Just looks fake IMO

is there a way to correct it if i purchase the car? probable call the car fax and show them the prove of the car maybe?

Yeah these guys sometime make mistakes entering extra digit. You'll need to contact inspector who did emission and get a letter from them saying they made a mistake and then send to carfax or auto check.

Last edited:
Drive it 20,000 miles!

Enjoy the correction.

i drive 3.2 mile from home to work. i work 7 days most of the day. It will take me awhile to reach up that mileage.

- - - Updated - - -

There is few concern if I end up purchase this car. the timing belt and water pump seen need to be change, all the fluid and oil need to change. The tires might not be that good since sitting for that long. and I'm not sure about the battery condition. what else I should spot out for a car that has been sitting past 8 years?

i drive 3.2 mile from home to work. i work 7 days most of the day. It will take me awhile to reach up that mileage.

- - - Updated - - -

There is few concern if I end up purchase this car. the timing belt and water pump seen need to be change, all the fluid and oil need to change. The tires might not be that good since sitting for that long. and I'm not sure about the battery condition. what else I should spot out for a car that has been sitting past 8 years?

That's how long my 240SX sat before I bought it. My advice is, if something seems wrong, go ahead and fix it, because the slightest problem will balloon - that's what happened to me at least. Vigilance will help stop many problems before they turn car-not-drivable level.

Otherwise, it's Japanese. 250,000 miles and sat for 8 years on the 240SX, and since it got running, it hasn't stopped.

- - - Updated - - -

The Major service will run average $2,200 - $2,500
TB, WP, Cam seals, Trans fluid, Brake flush, valve adjustment, spark plugs, oil change.

IMO - if you are serious about this '05, negotiate the price to reflect the required maint.
It's worth it to complete the major service for peace of mind, (per se), then drive the crap out of it :biggrin:

As for the battery, I can tell you from experience, my '05 needed a new battery @ 6 years, (mileage irrelevant).
So, yes, this '05 will most likely need the battery replaced.

The Tires; if they have decent tread, should be fine but look for 'flat-spots'. I have heard tires should be replaced @ 10 years so...
you should be fine in that respect as long as there are no flat spots.
A PPI should tell you if the Tires are still good, bad, decent etc.....

To answer your last question, "what else should you "spot" on a car that has been sitting for 8 years"....
well..... I'm sure it has not sat for 8 years; the owner has most likely driven it from time to time even if the interval between
"drives" is months at a time.

I will use my experience again -
The '05 I purchased with 2,900 miles was driven a few times a year and at times sat for 3 - 6 months.
A PPI revealed an absolutely perfect NSX.

I'm not implying this particular '05 will be in the exact same condition however, I would suggest do not be overly concerned with the
low mileage and peroid of time the car has sat.

Last comment - as previously stated -
If you buy it, have the major service completed, then drive the crap out of it and enjoy the never-ending smile on your face.

my .02

Cheers!

The Major service will run average $2,200 - $2,500
TB, WP, Cam seals, Trans fluid, Brake flush, valve adjustment, spark plugs, oil change.

IMO - if you are serious about this '05, negotiate the price to reflect the required maint.
It's worth it to complete the major service for peace of mind, (per se), then drive the crap out of it :biggrin:

As for the battery, I can tell you from experience, my '05 needed a new battery @ 6 years, (mileage irrelevant).
So, yes, this '05 will most likely need the battery replaced.

The Tires; if they have decent tread, should be fine but look for 'flat-spots'. I have heard tires should be replaced @ 10 years so...
you should be fine in that respect as long as there are no flat spots.
A PPI should tell you if the Tires are still good, bad, decent etc.....

To answer your last question, "what else should you "spot" on a car that has been sitting for 8 years"....
well..... I'm sure it has not sat for 8 years; the owner has most likely driven it from time to time even if the interval between
"drives" is months at a time.

I will use my experience again -
The '05 I purchased with 2,900 miles was driven a few times a year and at times sat for 3 - 6 months.
A PPI revealed an absolutely perfect NSX.

I'm not implying this particular '05 will be in the exact same condition however, I would suggest do not be overly concerned with the
low mileage and peroid of time the car has sat.

Last comment - as previously stated -
If you buy it, have the major service completed, then drive the crap out of it and enjoy the never-ending smile on your face.

my .02

Cheers!
After I read ur post, I will reconsider my decision. I rather be patience wait for one that is been up to the maintenance.i found coupe 05 with maintanence record but just not red/black. I'm just stubborn on this particular color choice. I really appreciate for all member's feedback.

Back