• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lower Windshield Moulding question

So im going through and replacing all the rubber mouldings that have gone bad or ripped in the car and i have a question about the front windshield. The upper and lower mouldings have to be replaced and i already found the tbs for the upper so thats good to go. My question is to change the lower one does the glass need to be removed of can it be popped off? The dealer told me the glass would have to be removed but they also said that would be the case for the top moulding which i know they were wrong about.

Here is a pick of the moulding in question, number 5. Also should i get numbers 3, 7, and 8?

Thanks for the help!

05b26b5028153fd5050cb6474e13ba63.png

You do not need to remove the windshield to replace #5 . Gently lever the top forward and you will see the yellow retainer clips, use a small flat screwdriver or lolly stick to push down on the tabsvof the clips to release them. They will probably snap due to ageing. When you order #5 , you get a full set of clips with it, so don't order the #7 clips as well. You do not need #3 or #8 .

Back