• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

March 23 - Eleventh NSXCA Midwest Region Annual Dinner

When and Where?

We will be hosting the Eleventh NSX Club of America Midwest Region Annual Dinner on Saturday, March 23, 2013. This year we would like to ask you to invite all your NSX friends to come and join us for dinner and an opportunity for them to join the club. The club will once again be subsidizing a portion of the dinner cost, and any new member who joins the club before March 15, 2013, will be eligible for the subsidized dinner price.

We will meet at 6:30 pm for cocktails, and sit down for dinner at about 7:30. Attire is casual to business casual. Dinner will take place at the Arlington Heights location of:

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants
798 West Algonquin Road at Golf Road
Arlington Heights IL 60005
847-981-0900
coopershawkwinery.com

Cooper's Hawk is about six miles northwest of O'Hare Airport. From the O'Hare area, take I-90 west and exit at Arlington Heights Road. Take Arlington Heights Road north to the first light, and turn left onto Algonquin Road. Go 0.6 mile and the restaurant will be on the right.

Cooper's Hawk has seven restaurants in the Chicago area and several more elsewhere in the Midwest, as well as their winery in Countryside where they bottle their wines. They produce a wide variety of wines - still and sparking, red and white, dinner and sweet, etc. At all their restaurants, there is a tasting room where you can taste samples and purchase wines to take home with you.

What's for dinner?

6:30 Cocktail Hour, featuring Cash Bar and Hors D’oeuvre Platters

• Mexican Drunken Shrimp
• Chicken Potstickers

7:30 Dinner

Soup: Crab & Lobster Bisque - Loaded with Crab, Lobster, and Shrimp

Salad: Chopped Wedge Salad - Chopped Lettuce with a Balanced Blend of Red Wine Herb Vinaigrette, Creamy Salemville Bleu Cheese Dressing, and Garnished with Red Onion, Sweet Grape Tomatoes, Bleu Cheese Crumbles, and Warm Applewood Smoked Bacon

Entrée: Combination plate of Broiled USDA Beef Filet Medallions and Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, served with a seasonal vegetable and Mary’s Potatoes

Dessert: Cheesecake with Fresh Strawberries

Beverages: Coffee, Iced Tea, Soft Drinks, and All Organic Tea Forté Products are included.

Those with vegetarian or other dietary restrictions, please contact Ken Sax prior to the dinner.

How much will it cost?

The NSX Club of America will subsidize a portion of the dinner cost for club members and their spouses/guests. If you are not yet a member of the NSX Club of America, go to the club website for information on joining.

The subsidized cost for each club member and a spouse/guest will be $35 per person, which includes tax and tip. Any new member who joins the club before March 15, 2013, will be eligible for the subsidized dinner price. Non-members can attend for the non-subsidized actual cost of $55 per person. This does not include alcoholic beverages, which will be available for purchase from the cash bar and the servers. You must sign up and pay for the dinner in advance. Your payment must be received by Friday March 15.

How can I sign up?

To sign up, you must use Paypal to send money to the NSX Club of America. You do not need to have a Paypal account to do so; you can charge your Paypal payment to your credit card. From the main Paypal website at www.paypal.com use the option under Transfer that says "Send someone money". Send $35 per person to the e-mail address [email protected] and enter "Midwest dinner" as the optional message for your payment. Your payment must be received by Friday March 15.

If you have a change in plans and need to cancel, please send me a Private Message or e-mail by Friday, March 15, and we will issue a full refund to the card/account used for the previous payment. If you need to cancel after that date, we will only be able to issue a refund if we can find someone to take your place at the dinner.

Who's coming?

1-2. Ken and Kathy (nsxtasy)
3-4. Brian and guest (SOURCENSX)
5-6. Brian and Irene (Briank)
7. Bob H.
8-9. <s>Steve and Carol (ohiosteve)</s> Robert and guest (ForumNinja)
10-11. Jake and guest (jcbadcura)
12-13. Warren and Barb (warren)
14. Bryan H.
15. John V.
16-17. Rae and Dave (plumcraezy)
18. Ajay (mystican)
19. Paul (Brylek)
20-21. Jhae and Ivette (Teej)
22. Bob D.
23-24. Phill and Krista (pruhnke)

Note - When I receive notification of payment from the club treasurer, I will post names here, and at the same time will send out e-mail confirmations to attendees. However, it may take as long as a week or two from the time of payment until I receive notification and I post names and send out confirmations. Your patience is appreciated.

A final word

This is a great time to meet up with old friends, as well as meet new friends. Hope to see you there!

keN SaX
Brian Urlage
NSX Club of America

Last edited:
I wish this were held later in the year when we have our cars out of the storage mode.
March 23 is Spring - the perfect time to get the car back out of storage!

We originally held the annual dinner in January, as a way for members to stay in touch during the months when their cars were in storage. But we had a couple of years when inclement January weather... well, you can guess what happened. Since then we moved it to late March, specifically as a time for folks to get that first drive after the winter hibernation. Last year was an exception due to changing plans.

Unfortunately, no date is going to be perfect for everyone. Sorry you can't make it. Maybe next year!

Last edited:
Wish I could make it, but I'm out of town that week. Since I'm a newer owner I've yet to have the opportunity to make an NSX event yet, I'm looking forward to the next opportunity.

Dave and I will be there!

Stock photo with top down...
2009_bmw_3_series_335i.jpg
2009 BMW 335i Convertible 2.jpgForgot to mention the newest addition....

Last edited:
Wish I could atend. Unfortunately working that weekend. Have fun!

With jorgilans permission I can pick up the ducts while at the event. We are going to go, we just have not registered yet. I gotta go see him anyway for some radio crap this spring.

With jorgilans permission I can pick up the ducts while at the event. We are going to go, we just have not registered yet. I gotta go see him anyway for some radio crap this spring.

It was more of a joke than anything.. When shipped they will go directly to him. Just WAITING STILL.. Tim has been awesome and patient though. And I appreciate it.

I was asked today whether there is any need to bring a Paypal receipt for the dinner payment. The answer is no. As long as your name is in the list at the end of the first post above, we know who you are and we know that you're all paid up. :)

The dinner on Saturday will include a complimentary glass of wine for each attendee. See keN SaX at the dinner to receive a drink ticket good for a glass of wine of your choice before or during dinner. You can view the restaurant wine list at:
https://coopershawkwinery.com/menus/restaurant-wine-list/white-wines.php
(That shows the white wines; click on the options on the left for blush wines, reds, etc.)

See you on Saturday!

Last edited:
Back