• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Marga Hills NSX @ theNSXshop

View attachment 147314

Established in 1997, Marga Hills has provided a solution for the NSX with its unique styling and design.
Kazz Takagi has decided to work close with theNSXshop to provide his masterpiece to be more accessible across the globe.
Kazz Takagi has provided such a great design for the NSX that the Marga Hills kit provides one of the best kits for downfoce and also giving it such a great aggressive look.
Kazz Takagi's principle is simple. If it isn't fast on a track, it is not worth it.

And yes, these are still available, and only available through @theNSXshop

View attachment 147315

Shop Now

can you give more details on that hood in the picture? I saw a different angle on your site and the vents have a unique design compared to many other hoods i have seen so far.

Unfortunately the hood would need to be installed on a RHD NSX due to the shroud and the design.

Due to the ABS on the LHD NSXs, it will be in the way and won't sit flush.
c20a80bfa481b8bf5d9d750b030bde18.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

ok I have abs deleted on my 1991 lhd car with pop up headlights. can you provide more info on the hood like pricing and materials used

ok I have abs deleted on my 1991 lhd car with pop up headlights. can you provide more info on the hood like pricing and materials used

The bonnet is either in Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber.

I have uploaded the bonnet on the web page.

Click Here

Thanks!

How much does the carbon fiber one weigh? Have to have some reason to justify spending that much other than I want it

How much does the carbon fiber one weigh? Have to have some reason to justify spending that much other than I want it
Carbon fiber bonnet? Never really measured it. But let me go look through some of the old documents and get back to you

Hi Gaymond, I tried looking at old documents but never really mentioned of exact weight but cf would be about 20-30% lighter than the frp option.

Is it just made to order or would they be able to tell you with a phone call to marga hills? Really looking at weight vs oem savings. I just bought a rear 3.5 lb carbon wing. paid more than I wanted but hey 3.5lbs. go light or go home

Hi Gaymond, I tried looking at old documents but never really mentioned of exact weight but cf would be about 20-30% lighter than the frp option.

Does it list the exact weight of a fiberglass hood?

FYI unless the hoods full carbon you will not get the weight savings you quoted considering it would be just a cosmetic layer on top and the rest fiberglass.

Is it just made to order or would they be able to tell you with a phone call to marga hills? Really looking at weight vs oem savings. I just bought a rear 3.5 lb carbon wing. paid more than I wanted but hey 3.5lbs. go light or go home
Everything is made to order. A phone call to them will be directed to a phone call to me haha. We unfortunately don't have a list of the weights of the bonnet though. :(

Does it list the exact weight of a fiberglass hood?

FYI unless the hoods full carbon you will not get the weight savings you quoted considering it would be just a cosmetic layer on top and the rest fiberglass.
It is a full carbon hood. I don't have exact weight of the frp bonnet though.

Everything is made to order. A phone call to them will be directed to a phone call to me haha. We unfortunately don't have a list of the weights of the bonnet though. :(

I think what Gaymond is saying is why don't you call marga hills and get facts and weights. 20-30% is a lot of weight savings. Also I checked the site and it doesn't list what the cost for the full carbon hood is. Just the fiberglass one at 2k plus.

If marga hills gives any weight then you can calculate judging by how much you stated the carbon one will be less and go from there.

The fiberglass hood I have is pretty heavy. I don't have the exact number but it's heavier then the oem hood. I've heard of hoods ranging from 5lbs to 20lbs so a range of numbers is very important to some and to get the right numbers if possible.

If the manufacturer can not give you numbers then thats an issue I think.

Hi Stephen,

This is the exact response that I received and you are more than welcome to contact him or me yourself.

"Dear Marc

Hello! I didn’t hear you more than 1month.

How was Japanese summer?

By the way, badly I don’t have weight list for my products.

Most of the time, carbon products are 20-30% lighter than FRP products.

But I can’t guaranty the weight."

I did not originally post up the Bonnet because it was not made so commonly nor has it been made of recently. Actually some parts haven't been made for maybe 5+ years now (like the s2000 bumper).

It is hard to say the weight of it exactly.

Do you have headlight lenses by any chance? One of mine is cracked :(
Hi there,

Unfortunately the maker of the headlights passed away a few years ago and that's why it's now discontinued. Marga hills and I tried remaking them but we needed an NSX to test; unfortunately we couldn't get a donor NSX to shizuoka.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Oh dear sorry to hear that :(

I can assist with test fitting overseas if that’s any help?

I could also loan my original lenses

Thanks
Joe

Back