• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Masserati MC12

Just wanted to share some pictures of the Masserati MC12, pictures taken at the *new* Ferrari/Masserati Dealership in Redwood City, CA. Lot's of toys in display, MC12, Enzo, F50GT, F50 :eek: Don't know if anyone has posted pictures before, so flame suit on :cool:

4656IMG_0165-med.JPG

4656IMG_0166-med.JPG

4656IMG_01711-med.JPG

Ken :D

Last edited:
I know this is blasphemy but I don't like the way the Maser looks. I was never a big fan of the Enzo it's based on anyways but it just doesn't do it for me.

Now the F50 with the hardtop... wow.

I wouldn't mine living inside that dealership! :biggrin:

Question???
I wonder how the f50 gets around. it's so low. :biggrin:
In the Enzo there's a button u push and fluid is pumped from a reserve tank on each shock and lifts the whole car about 2 inches. (Only used when driving up on driveways)
Does the F50's have the same Hydraulic lift like the Enzo?

There have been occasions that I wish my NSX had a similar option. Also My drive way is pretty steep. So lowering my NSX is not an option. :frown:

2slow2speed said:
Just wanted to share some pictures of the Masserati MC12, pictures taken at the *new* Ferrari/Masserati Dealership in Redwood City, CA. Lot's of toys in display, MC12, Enzo, F50GT, F50 :eek: Don't know if anyone has posted pictures before, so flame suit on :cool:

4656IMG_0165-med.JPG

4656IMG_0166-med.JPG

4656IMG_01711-med.JPG

Ken :D

How do they treat you in such a "toney" establishment? I've passed this place often but have always hesitated to go in because of the stories you hear of the salespeople being so snobbish and obnoxious around such rich machinery. They obviously allow photos to be taken. Do they let customers actually sit in the vehicles?

Judging by the socio-economic status of the Menlo-Atherton area, they should do a fair amount of business there.

In my past experience the high end car dealers had been really nice. When I was in college, I was fortunate to have rich friends. I remember when we showed up in Ferrari dealership in Marin driving a beater car. They treated us very well and even took us out for a test drive (in passenger seat). We were a bunch 19-20 y.o. My friend did end up buying a F355 spider from them, but they gave us the drive before knowing he can afford them.

svalleynsx said:
How do they treat you in such a "toney" establishment? I've passed this place often but have always hesitated to go in because of the stories you hear of the salespeople being so snobbish and obnoxious around such rich machinery. They obviously allow photos to be taken. Do they let customers actually sit in the vehicles?

Judging by the socio-economic status of the Menlo-Atherton area, they should do a fair amount of business there.

I was treated well when I was there, I looked at the various toys without any disruptions or interruptions.

I was interested in taking a look at the 360CS that is in the background, they had that one for sale on consignment, and I would have taken it out for a test drive had I been really interested in the car. But instead opted to just being able to sit in the car and see what the differences to a regular 360 were. The car was too hardcore for me, so I opted not to test drive it.

So far I've always been treated well when I go to the High End Dealers, back when Los Gatos Ferrari was open, they were willing to talk to me even if I showed up like a regular joe. Same good treatment at Scottsdale Lotus as well as the Lamborghini of Scottsdale dealerships, the salesmen at both locations were very knowledgeable about their products and they can tell who a car enthusiast is based on questions or answers to their questions.

I've been treated better at those dealerships than when I've been to a MB, Lexus or an Acura dealer, the salesfolk really know their product and wont' go for a pressure sale and they will keep the BS to a minimum :D

Ken

Most observations I have heard on the MC12 were pretty bad but I however love it!! Brings a racey feel to Maserati which IMO has drifted more towards luxury lately. Weren't they made in fewer numbers than the Enzo?

NSX-Racer said:
AFAIK 50 plus some race versions versus 349 for the Enzo (they are basicaly the same cars).

They made 399 Enzo's, originally they said they would make 349 but because of demand raised it to 399.

Back