• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Matt Farah does a canyon run in a 2019

He REALLY likes the car, that's why he is positive..... His review of a black 2018 was a fabulous and honest appraisal of the car. I'm sure the review of the 2019 will be similar as the car is the same if not upgraded to some degree.

I've also wondered where this canyon route he drives is that seems to be devoid of police? Looks like a fun drive in a high performance car..... No doubt in SOCal somewhere??

That's the Angeles Forest Hwy. Not far from LA believe it or not. Just north of Pasadena.

As nsx878 pointed out Matt was really into the car both during his previous One Take video and during a podcast after that. Matt noted the insane speeds he was able to carry in the car. But the other podcasts guys drowned him out with the usual blah blah issues about the car.

Most of his reviews accentuate the positives of the cars he reviews. Most of the supercars out there have more positive attributes than issues. Some reviewers are just assholes who have nothing good to say about any car......I just tend to think Matt Farrah gives an honest review on all cars he has done. While I doubt that he's "on the take" you'd think that if every one of your reviews was a nasty diatribe accentuating all of the bad things you found on every car, I'm sure the manufacturer's offers to drive cars in the future would dry up.

Most of his reviews accentuate the positives of the cars he reviews. Most of the supercars out there have more positive attributes than issues. Some reviewers are just assholes who have nothing good to say about any car......I just tend to think Matt Farrah gives an honest review on all cars he has done. While I doubt that he's "on the take" you'd think that if every one of your reviews was a nasty diatribe accentuating all of the bad things you found on every car, I'm sure the manufacturer's offers to drive cars in the future would dry up.

To your point just watch a Shmee video. I can only recall him saying some negative stuff about one car (can't even remember which one). His smiley fest videos has gotten him to the top of the vlogging heap with access to some amazing hardware. He just took delivery of a Senna and a Ford GT.

I think the more negative reviewers are projecting some of their own snobbery, as if certain cars are "beneath" them compared to the super high end they di@k slap themselves over.

I kind of like Mr JWW.

The guy is a flat out trust fund type but is more of an enthusiast than most, and really enjoys the cars/lifestyle.

I think Chris Harris is the King of online supercar reviewers......

Agreed, but he is an actual professional reviewer.

The folks I am generally referring to are folks who vlog and are essentially self employed. I believe I started watching Matt when he was associated with Fast Lane Daily (I guess that was kind of an employer).

Matt also had a Gen 1 NSX, and is/was a fan of it. He's a good guy, I've known him for years, a real car guy. Yes he has access to lots of cars from the manufacturers, and I would think that negative reviews might impact his ability to get cars in the future to review, but I do believe he speaks honestly of his "personal impressions", on the cars he drives/reviews. The NSX continues to get great write ups, in the automotive press, just the pricing, and dealer network receive criticism, and not without cause!!!

Matt did a interview earlier 2018 on thedrive and was asked out of all the cars he has reviewed, If he had to personally purchase one, what would it be. His response: gen 2 NSX and 488

Last edited:
I'm sure I'll be banned if I say I like the interior sounds of the 2G NSX, but sorry, I do. *shrugs*

The NSX is unique unto itself...... It doesn't sound like a Ferrari because it's not a Ferrari, or a Lambo or a blah blah blah...... It sounds like an NSX. My son brought a visiting buddy (30 something) to my house for a ride in the NSX, and interestingly, one of the first things he said was how good the car sounded..... It has it's own unique sound, and I too think it's good.

There's a lot to like about the NSX. It's interesting that some folks think it incredulous if some online reviewer type actually likes the car..... Still enjoying mine.

That's the Angeles Forest Hwy. Not far from LA believe it or not. Just north of Pasadena.

I've also wondered where this canyon route he drives is that seems to be devoid of police? Looks like a fun drive in a high performance car..... No doubt in SOCal somewhere??

It's in the same San Gabriel Mountains. My backyard for 20yrs. I've never really been able to find roads that flow that well and are well designed with usually the right amount of camber, good sight lines, and well maintained.

I just took a brief look but that looks like Upper Tujunga Canyon Road. Us locals call it "9 mile". It's the fastest section of road up there. Easily can hit 120+ in a sweeper... Don't ask me how I know.. We were all stupid once when younger. He's going East towards Palmdale and this dumps into more or less Willow Springs Raceway. 9 mile isn't my favorite section but we've all got our specials routes. Makes for nice flowy videos and it's one of Matt's favorite stretches of road. Good for high speed cars.

The cops question... There are hardly any cars up there in the middle of the day on the weekday to make it worth it for cops to monitor on the regular. That being said.. they ARE THERE when you least expect them. Most of the canyon traffic occur during rush hour when commuters are cutting across the mountains to get from LA to Palmdale. Some commute to mountain cities. Angeles Forest Hwy is used a lot for commuters and is slow goings during rush hour.

We also filmed the GT4 vs Evora S vs my NSX up there last year for his channel. Too bad my car wasn't in tip top shape at the time but when is it ever really.

I'm sorry to say.. but the execution of the MKV Supra was done better than the NC1 NSX. For $50k, good power-to-weight, ICE Turbo, good gearbox, stiff chassis, decent design, it's a winner in my book. Honda could take a page from the Toyota book. I praise Honda for having the balls to push thru with a $200k sportscar. That takes major balls especially in retrospect considering the dismal sales figures.

I'm sorry to say.. but the execution of the MKV Supra was done better than the NC1 NSX. For $50k, good power-to-weight, ICE Turbo, good gearbox, stiff chassis, decent design, it's a winner in my book. Honda could take a page from the Toyota book. I praise Honda for having the balls to push thru with a $200k sportscar. That takes major balls especially in retrospect considering the dismal sales figures.

Have you been reading what the Toyota folks say about the Supra? It's like a Capitol offense. And what did Toyota do but platform share with BMW on the project, and put their own skin and badge on a detuned version of the Z4? I agree with your inclusion of the word execution but not with the same meaning.

At the onset I was plugged into the chatter.
It was like the NC1 bitch and moan session all over again so it's been selectively tuned out for me now. Lots of opinions out and mine is just one of them. It was the right business decision in my mind. It's not perfect but the option would have been to just not build it. Kudos to Mr. Toyoda. The man has my respect. He even stumbled through the debut and presented it himself. Just think what the NC1 would have been with Soichiro's support or any passion driven support at the top level for that matter.
Have you been reading what the Toyota folks say about the Supra? It's like a Capitol offense. And what did Toyota do but platform share with BMW on the project, and put their own skin and badge on a detuned version of the Z4? I agree with your inclusion of the word execution but not with the same meaning.

I saw the new Supra on the Barrett Jackson auction coverage, and I thought it was hideous..... Looks are subjective, and no hatred, just didn't do anything for me..... I've read nothing about it's performance, but looks to be a sports car and not a supercar??

There is a very interesting phenomenon going on in our community right now. It's this strange and F'd up hatred that just spews out of people online. No filter, nothing... And it's growing like mold

I agree. I've stayed out of the Supra fray for that reason. It sounded WAY too much like the (IMO, unjustified) NC1 gripefest. My primary thought was "hey Honda, here's a spot in the market for you to make an accessible RWD sports car..." But I am taking the thread off topic.

Back