• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Matt Farah does a canyon run in a 2019

The good thing over at Toyota is Mr. Toyoda loves sports cars.

So doing a deal with BMW to platform share gets you a sports car on the show room floor.

I am sure it will be fun to drive.

Just another case of the on line folks didn't get what they want (a 3 pedal S2000 like driver with a 600 HP in line 6 for $25K). Not even GM will give them something like that.

I just can't dig the orange for some reason. I suppose it's because I'm not a neon yellow or green fan either.

Just waiting patiently for a nice used white or black NC1 to show up at $100k to be my next daily driver.... I'm guessing that will be end of the year - Just in time for me to mount some snow tires on it.

I daily drove my '92 for about six years and it was a blast. These things are meant to be driven, and the creature comforts of the NC1 are a lot better than my NA1 are!

Last edited:
Good review ... by the way, for the "updated" software on the 19 NSX, could 17 and 18 NSX be upgraded? I don't see a 17/18 NSX owner will trade in to the 19 ... so may well offer software update to 17/18 owners .. (as McLaren) I do agree the seating position is one weak point of the NSX ..

Me personally, I wouldn't buy anything I did not unconditionally love anymore. Why buy a brand new car to say, "it needs down pipes", "It needs an exhuast", "It needs better looking wheels", etc... Save your money and get what you REALLY want. I'm pretty much done with all that nonsense. Every single manufacturer out there in this category offers endless options direct from the manufacturer. Unless we're talking about some budget brand Kia, Hyundai, Honda, etc. I'd recommend any owner of this car to keep it 100% stock.

The car is A-OKAY for an Acura. Until,,, you pull up next to something German or Italian side by side and the details really sets them apart. It isn't just the badge. I do actually like the fake sound the Nsx makes though. The one thing that always irk'd me is the Logitech mouse click sound of the paddle shifters. You hear them over the motor in these videos. :frown:

Me personally, I wouldn't buy anything I did not unconditionally love anymore. Why buy a brand new car to say, "it needs down pipes", "It needs an exhuast", "It needs better looking wheels", etc... Save your money and get what you REALLY want. I'm pretty much done with all that nonsense. Every single manufacturer out there in this category offers endless options direct from the manufacturer. Unless we're talking about some budget brand Kia, Hyundai, Honda, etc. I'd recommend any owner of this car to keep it 100% stock.

The car is A-OKAY for an Acura. Until,,, you pull up next to something German or Italian side by side and the details really sets them apart. It isn't just the badge. I do actually like the fake sound the Nsx makes though. The one thing that always irk'd me is the Logitech mouse click sound of the paddle shifters. You hear them over the motor in these videos. :frown:

I don't get some of this. Just look at the Gen 1 space, all kinds of mods. Folks love to personalize and mod the shit out of their cars, and you did. Why wouldn't we expect the mod parade to follow for Gen 2.

The only real comp for this car is an R8. Does that have endless option to tick, hardly (does have the vert, plus, rwd or awd flavors so points to Audi hands down there).

There is nothing Italian at this price point. A 488 with options is a $300K car. And the nose on the 488 is crap.

The problem is once you step foot inside of that showroom you will forget about the NSX.

I went straight for the GT3 and almost left with the GT MC Stradale.

At $129k....hmmm...GT3 or NSX? Or is that a dumb question? I think I'm gonna at least go down to that dealership and drool on the windows. They'll have to call the cops to get rid of me, LOL!

At $129k....hmmm...GT3 or NSX? Or is that a dumb question? I think I'm gonna at least go down to that dealership and drool on the windows. They'll have to call the cops to get rid of me, LOL!

Thats what they almost had to do to me at Porsche Beachwood on my last work trip to Cleveland,my hotel was walking distance from the dealer. They had a Carerra GT on my last visit lol

There is a very interesting phenomenon going on in our community right now. It's this strange and F'd up hatred that just spews out of people online. No filter, nothing... And it's growing like mold

Amen to that. Thuggery, both verbal and physical is now rampant in American urban culture. I have been on this forum since day1 and sometimes do not recognize it anymore. I am pretty sure the NC1 team barely looks at what is written here.

Thats what they almost had to do to me at Porsche Beachwood on my last work trip to Cleveland,my hotel was walking distance from the dealer. They had a Carerra GT on my last visit lol

You must have seen the silver Carrera GT? Doug DeMuro flew into Cleveland to drive that one while it was at that dealership. That dealership also hosted Zanardi #32 for a while.

What?

I don't get this. I'm a huge Porsche fanboy. I've had several 911s. In fact was about to order another one, when I decided to look at the NSX. The NSX stomps all Porsches short of the GT3RS and GT2, and 918 of course, in all areas except maybe interior fit and finish. When I pull up next to a 911, it's the other guy that gets envious.

As far as Italian cars go, I don't think it's comparable. 488s and Huracans are way more expensive, like double. That's not apples to apples.

What?

I don't get this. I'm a huge Porsche fanboy. I've had several 911s. In fact was about to order another one, when I decided to look at the NSX. The NSX stomps all Porsches short of the GT3RS and GT2, and 918 of course, in all areas except maybe interior fit and finish. When I pull up next to a 911, it's the other guy that gets envious.

As far as Italian cars go, I don't think it's comparable. 488s and Huracans are way more expensive, like double. That's not apples to apples.
Im comparing nsx to 458 right now. Pricing is close enough but interior and frankly exterior of 458 better for me. I like all motor and 458 downright simple compared to nsx. I cant get over the oil change procedure of ?7 drain plugs

Im also a manual guy..the .991.2 gt3 manual i drove raised the hair on my neck. But lookwise like any plebian 911....99.5% public is clueless

Last edited:
Im comparing nsx to 458 right now. Pricing is close enough but interior and frankly exterior of 458 better for me. I like all motor and 458 downright simple compared to nsx. I cant get over the oil change procedure of ?7 drain plugs

Im also a manual guy..the .991.2 gt3 manual i drove raised the hair on my neck. But lookwise like any plebian 911....99.5% public is clueless
Don't take this the wrong way, but who would you be buying the car for, yourself, or "the public". I have a good friend that wouldn't buy a corvette, because it needs to be serviced at a Chevy dealership, so he drives a Porsche. Me, my two cars are a Honda (NSX), and a Ford (GT). I bought them, because they please me.............I could give two shi-s, what others think. Buy what stirs your soul, and makes you feel good! JMHO, rant over.

Maybe this didnt come out right but I actually drive 911s because they are under the radar... they’re generally bulletproof and give me a driving experience that can’t be matched by many cars nowadays... in the only semi-exotic company that still holding on to the archaic manual option

I did like the NSX when I drove it, but I liked the 458 experience more..... I hated the attention from both… If it’s a money game can’t beat the NSX for the money especially the used market right now, 458s tend to be holding onto a pretty slow depreciation

In my dream stable, I'd have a 458, too. My goodness, those are beautiful cars, and with the right exhaust, they sound heavenly. Further, they are reasonaly reliable, for a Ferrari! I saw a used one for just south of $150k recently.

^ The look...that sound. Mmmmm
white_458.jpg

What's not to get B&B? The reason why I am saying all of this is due to owning and modifying my gen 1. I was never happy with the car, it always needs somethings else. A stock gen 1 just doesn't do it for me though. But if you told me I had to buy a 165k Acura and if I wanted to up the power, I need to use small garage shops to do that and void my warranty? No thanks, I walk. Not hard to fathom really.:wink:
I don't get some of this. Just look at the Gen 1 space, all kinds of mods. Folks love to personalize and mod the shit out of their cars, and you did. Why wouldn't we expect the mod parade to follow for Gen 2.

The only real comp for this car is an R8. Does that have endless option to tick, hardly (does have the vert, plus, rwd or awd flavors so points to Audi hands down there).

There is nothing Italian at this price point. A 488 with options is a $300K car. And the nose on the 488 is crap.

Last edited:
Back