• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McLaren owned NSX

I know someone who has a very very well knowledged McLaren F1 employees during its build years. I'll send him a msg and see if he wants to sign up and share whatever info he can gather or knows on the NSXP forums with us.

^ Your name isn't Oscar Moyano is it?

This was his limited info he could hand over to me on the spot.

That's the one lead I can offer - might want to try contacting that guy although it seems he doesn't know much more than what he alludes to there.(referring to you :p)

I'm fairly certain the only photo of an NSX in DA (Driving Ambition the godly book for all things McLaren F1 road car related) appears on page 25 and is a press photo of a yellow one, so not this car.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the car shows registration to "McLaren International" and not "McLaren Cars Limited" so it may have had nothing to do with the F1 road car development program. In 1991 their Formula One cars were still powered by Honda and Senna was one of their drivers so who knows - this car could have been driven by the master himself? Reference these articles by Andrew Frankel - could have definitely been this car.

1702011-acuratamia.jpg

1702011-acuratamib.jpg

A Google search for 'Senna NSX' produces quite a few images of him with a red car but no shots of that UK plate referenced in the logbook unfortunately. There is one NSX that has been for sale in Portugal but that's most likely a different car.

We all know about that red NSX from the Portugal Honda dealership.

Last edited:
During the thread discussion someone else had piped up about some common knowledge stuff F1 / NSX related.

Gordon used an NSX for his own personal transport at one stage, he now drives a Smart Roadster.

In DA, Gordon lists his pros and cons about the NSX,

His F1 development team used it for test analysis/comparison data and there are some pics of this red NSX parked outside Genisis in mags/vids, I,ll see if I can find them.

I know of two other UK based F1 owners who have/had an NSX in their car collections.

Just awaiting replies.

Quote from the NSX GB forum- Senna's daily car should be not older than 91 and it's a manual red.

18-10-2011, 02:00 AM #8 Senninha1981

Sorry bout the late post guys but I just found this.
Just thought I'd say I live in a small village in norfolk and back in the late 90's (to cut a long story short) Ayrton came out to visit some friends directly over the road from me and although I was only 11 at the time I met Ayrton by fluke a me and my friend happened to hit a tennis ball over the wall, anyhow I sat in his Honda NSX and it was deffinately a manual in 1991, but he also came out here in 1993 and he had a silver auto one.
During his lotus days he use'd to only live in Eaton norfolk.

Hi Wowow,

Any more news or info on your very interesting car??

Just wondering if any more info was found out about this car?

Wow, what a wonderful find. Congratulations!

I wonder if you could call Macca and describe the situation. I'm sure they could put you in contact with someone that will help track down some of the car's history.

Heck, it could be a great reason to take a look at the McLaren campus. Of course, that's quite a trip for you.

it's in the UK. I wouldn't have expected anything less. America...... well that's another story. :biggrin:

Haha!! you clearly havnt seen my handwriting.

We don't all speak, walk and write like James Bond ;) haha. Actually that's very myph. I have a Norfolk accent but isn't that strong. I write like a complete tool, i'm a smudger, left handed haha.

This is a very cool car to get your hands on. Hopefully you can enjoy it as much as the McLaren guys did!

A friend of mine is the sales director for Mclaren. I'll drop him an email now and see if he can help. He's a busy guy but maybe he could get someone in HR to do the research.

Gordon Murray no longer has any involvement with Mclaren.

Hi Sudesh, but someone suggested the 1st owner of my car - McLaren International,is actually the racing team rather than the McLaren that builds the F1. It would be nice if your friend knows someone there.

Back