• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Me and my Kinesis wheels

This section was so helpful to me when searching for the "right" wheels that I thought I would add my choice to pay it back (and pay it forward) a bit to show and tell and possibly help someone else in their labored search too. It helps so much to see the wheels on the car!

Quick background = key considerations for me:
Love 5-spokers
Lightweight = not so important to me
Should have some lip
Multi-piece construction (it seems to read a bit more "upscale"- whatever that means = classy, I guess)

So, the winner was...
Kinesis K57/K58
17x7.5 (+32) on Bridgestone S-03 Pole positions (215/40)
18x10 (+48) on Bridgestone S-03 Pole positions (275/35)
Painted centers/polished lip
Car is a 93 (daily driver) on Eibachs and stock shocks
no rubbing // flush with fender flares
$2850 (wheels only) Please know that I got a bit of a deal on these as one of my previous SuperCups had irrepairable damage and no replacement was possible (discontinued) and Kinesis wanted to make a little good!

I love them!!! I had the opportunity and the pleasure of working quite closely with Nicole Stacy and her father Peter, the owner of Kinesis Motorsport, to get it all just right for me. They are truly great people that make a quality product and really care about what they do. A couple of fitment visits to their San Diego headquarters to calm my finicky expectations and I couldn't be happier! My wife just rolls her eyes and :rolleyes: smiles (she rocks!!) and (dare I say it here) says "...they're just wheels dude." :eek: :eek: :eek:

Terry
T-med

Finally some pics...

wMTIzNjgyMzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTIzNjgxNjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTIzNjgxNzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTIzNjgyMDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Last edited:
See now that's clean! Love it, like I always say when I see an NSX that's not overly done with crazy body mods and the like, simple yet stunning! Good work man!

mackash said:
Love it! Very nice I would not change a thing! :biggrin: What % tint do you have?

My guess is 50% on the door windows, and 35% on the rear.

BTW, I have the same wheels! Great choice. Although I have a different finish(darker matte) of the spokes.

Hey all-

Thanks for the props! Simple clean and classy. Let the body do the talking!
Not that I don't absolutely love aggressively modded NSXs too.

Some quick replies:

Sleek: Your avatar's a tease. Got more (bigger) pics?? Looks completely bad ass!!

Veleno: I just like to type the word "flares". I really only meant fenders. See edit to initial post for price.

Shaun: After I saw the thread headline appear after posting, I thought "...how cheesy is that title?" Then I thought I might get more views as curious people would want to see if would actually pose next to my flippin wheels!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Mackash: 50% all the way around. Tinter didn't have enough 35 or I would have gone all the way around with that. It's just right IMO. Doesn't immediately jump out to the police. Saw a black G coupe today on the 55 whose tint was darker than the car. :eek:

Randy!!!: There it is!! The King of 5-spokes likes em!!! Nuff said! Thanks!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Elite: I had buyer's remorse (a bit) when I saw the darker matte finished ones. Very sweet!! I had ordered them via phone knowing (thinking) that I wanted "brighter" wheels. When I arrived to pick them up, I saw the darker ones on the wall and thought out loud "... oh sh[]t." Nice choice (especially on White). Would love to see a pic if you wouldn't mind!

Thanks again to all!
Terry
T-Med

nice and clean, Terry!!!
now get yer ass down here for a Palomar run!!!:biggrin:

T-Med said:
Elite: I had buyer's remorse (a bit) when I saw the darker matte finished ones. Very sweet!! I had ordered them via phone knowing (thinking) that I wanted "brighter" wheels. When I arrived to pick them up, I saw the darker ones on the wall and thought out loud "... oh sh[]t." Nice choice (especially on White). Would love to see a pic if you wouldn't mind!

Thanks again to all!
Terry
T-Med

I would definatly post a pick, but for some reason, I have a glitch in my head which is not letting me figure out how to post pics on forums. I have been told by a few people how to do it, but I just can't figure it out for some reason.

**EDIT: Got some help, there are a few pic's below**

Last edited:
I don't have any good pics of it right now. Hopefully soon I'll have some of it on the road.. But here are a few with some other cars.

nsxpics005.jpg

nsxpics002.jpg

nsxpics003.jpg

nsxpics004.jpg

nsxpics007.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great!

What spats and front lip are you running?

FWIW I came close to buying a used set of these wheels, but opted for something a bit lighter in weight; the thread for the used silver kinesis K57/K58 wheels is a few pages back in the classifieds section, with bridgestone tires, for $1700 (cash, picked up) in average/fair condition with some knicks - the seller is located in Irvine.

It's a great looking wheel, and T-Med came close to convincing me with a pchop of one of the above pictures with a black top - I am sure, given the reputation of Kinesis, the quality is top notch as well.

Sleek: Looks like you get asked to show more pics alot!!!
Thanks for obliging one more time!!!

Now, here was my reaction:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :tongue: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :tongue:

I know those silly faces get used too much but I'll be damned if they don't speak louder than the adjectives I would stumble over!! Nice nice car! Very well executed!!! Thank you again!

Oyagi: The front lip and side skirts are Wings West and the spats aren't really spats at all. That's a 2002 rear lower valance in the back there. Doesn't go as low to line up with the side skirts but after following a 2002 through some twisties on an Ortega/Palomar run, I just had to have it!!

Thanks to all again for the kind words!

Terry
T-Med

Terry...

Nice, tasteful ride!

Someone asked the question (and I'd like to hear it from you); What tint do you have on the windows? Great choice...

Skylark

T-Med said:
Mackash: 50% all the way around. Tinter didn't have enough 35 or I would have gone all the way around with that. It's just right IMO. Doesn't immediately jump out to the police. Saw a black G coupe today on the 55 whose tint was darker than the car. :eek:

T-Med

He aswered earlier in the thread.

Back