• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Melbourne Meet :)

Hi All,
if anyone is interested in going for a short(ish) run tommorow 11-8
here is my suggestion. We meet at 1.00 pm at Eltham, take the Long Way to Healesville for coffee and cake then head back via a slightly different but still long way back. Anyone interested?
Cheers Owen
CLAKETotal Control at your Fingertips!
IMT INDUSTRIES PTY LTD
Factory 7/1 Austarc Ave Thomastown VIC 3074
MOB 0418533775
EMAIL[email protected]
www.clake.com.au.

Hi Owen!

MLSNSX and I are interested if it's dry. I've got your number, I'll give you a buzz in the morning. :)

Post up details of meeting place even if it's wet as there are others that don't mind driving in all conditions.

Last edited:
Forget about the others and go alone driving a NSX is all about enjoying the car and the roads you drive on. Some of the best drives on AE are guys in their exotics who have gone on their own and posted pics of their drive.

Be a trail blazer and get out there regardless of the weather.

I have been on drives myself and I know what you mean..........I smile all the way......in traffic......around twisties......

A few weekends ago, I was in Blackspur and when I u-turned, this Lotus group popped up out of my rear view mirror.......exiges, evora, elises..... It was FUN.

Test meet organised for tomorrow, Sunday 12th. Owen will be there no matter what.

First post has updated details of meeting place and Owen has his contact details below.

Last edited:
Hi All,
for anyone interested we are meeting at Eltham Hotel carpark 746 Main St, Eltham at 1pm Sunday 12th then going for a drive to Healesville for coffee and cake hope to see you al there! Give me a call if you want more information.
Cheers Owen.
CLAKE Total Control at your Fingertips!
IMT INDUSTRIES PTY LTD
MOB
EMAIL[email protected]<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>/* <![CDATA[ */(function(){try{var s,a,i,j,r,c,l=document.getElementById("__cf_email__");a=l.className;if(a){s='';r=parseInt(a.substr(0,2),16);for(j=2;a.length-j;j+=2){c=parseInt(a.substr(j,2),16)^r;s+=String.fromCharCode(c);}s=document.createTextNode(s);l.parentNode.replaceChild(s,l);}}catch(e){}})();/* ]]> */</SCRIPT>
www.clake.com.au

Thanks Owen for being tour guide today.

It was great to catch up even though it was a last minute thing. First time I've seen 4 NSXs in the one place. :) And we had a Cobra along also.

It was a great drive.......but I have learned not to bring little children along. ;)

See you guys in September!!!

20120812133347large.jpg

20120812133317largelarg.jpg

20120812133251largelarg.jpg

20120812133238largelarg.jpg

20120812133146largelarg.jpg

20120812133133largelarg.jpg

20120812133122largelarg.jpg

Woohoo great to see 4 Melb. NSX's in one pic well done guys.

I have never seen 3 NSX's all one colour still like the black tops though.

Went for a 3 hour early morning run on my own with a tag along WRX bloody freezing in Ade this morning.

Attachments

• DSC06594.jpg
    DSC06594.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 42
Nice pics.
I was checking out that orange nsx the other day when it was parked on the street.
Is that your nsx David?
Dont worry, its location is safe with me. lol
My car's almost ready to be tuned, so i may make the september run.

The orange one belongs to Andrew's, mine is the white one with the white wheels, Michael's is the other white one and Owen's is the red one. I hope you don't mind me telling people that??? Although it's probably a bit late now!!!

Thanks for arranging the drive Michael/Owen, the roads and the company were all top-shelf. Mind you, I don't think my car has ever been this dirty, needless to say, I will be busy next weekend - if not sooner!!!

I should add, fantastic to have the Cobra along. Let's hope we see you there is September.

All the best,

David

Nice pics.
I was checking out that orange nsx the other day when it was parked on the street.
Is that your nsx David?

Thanks to Michael for getting it all started, right up to 11.30 I was expecting to be going for a drive by myself so I was so plesantly surprised to see such a good turn out. Special thanks to Andrew for turning up at our meeting point despite not being able to go on the drive. It was a thoughly enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Totally unreal to look out your rear vision mirror and see two white NSX's. Looking forward to our next run and hopefully the cobra will join us again!
Kind regards Owen.
CLAKE Total Control at your Fingertips!
IMT INDUSTRIES PTY LTD
MOB
EMAIL [email protected]
[URL="http://www.clake.com.au"]www.clake.com.au[/URL]

Definitely echo the comment that company is top shelf. ;)

I'll definitely get the Cobra to come along again next time.

And no kids unless you want an extra layer of chunky paint.

Great to catch up/ meet again. Will make sure i stay off the road for a few days next time so the legs should be good for the next run. Felt very guilty turning up in a unwashed car, especially seeing that the paint work on the other cars looks like it is not even dry yet!

Nice pics.
Is that your nsx David?

I have had to park the car in Kew on the street because it does not make it over the speedhumps in the work carpark. If you see it in a residential street in Blackburn knock on the door and come in and say Hi. It's getting used as a daily now and and made me love it even more.

I have had to park the car in Kew on the street because it does not make it over the speedhumps in the work carpark. If you see it in a residential street in Blackburn knock on the door and come in and say Hi. It's getting used as a daily now and and made me love it even more.[/QUOTE said:
You need a lift kit.
I'm waiting on sos to develope one.

<b>Next meet 23rd September. Meet pics from 12/08 posted page 2.</b>

<b>23/09/2012
- noisuf
- MLCNsx (2 NSXs?) :)
- Brendan19
- AuNSX</b>

4/11/2012
16/12/2012
27/01/2013
10/03/2013

I'm gonna have to miss this next get together as well unfortunately guys. I'm competing in the Time Attack events at the Jap Nats at Qld raceway next weekend 22 - 23 September. Spectators welcome, only $10 entry each day! Drifting and show n shine as well some other events over the two days...

AAAh, thanks for reminding me for the meet next Sunday. :) Have fun in QLD.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be available myself.

Please post if you are planning to make it.

Any suggestions on routes?

Last edited:
Michael,

I will be away next weekend, so unfortunately I will not be there. If it does go ahead, I hope you have a great day and I'll see you next time around.

All the best,

David

I'm not going to be available for next Sunday unfortunately.......as I had suspected.

Please do keep posting your intentions for next Sunday as Ian has done as it's a meet for NSXs, not my meet alone. ;)

Meet postponed to Sun 30/11 due to following forecast.

I won't be able to make this weekend either but please do register your interest and I'll update the first thread.

Partly cloudy Scattered showers, mostly in the southeast. Winds northerly 25 to 40 km/h turning westerly in the morning.

Due to no interest for this weekend's postponed meet and weather not looking good anyway, this meet has been cancelled.

The next meet was scheduled for 4th November but that's Cup weekend. So I'll put up a poll to see if people prefer the weekend before or weekend after.

Can't seem to edit the first post anymore. I'll provide updates in the future via the latest posts.

Last edited:
How did you go Mike?

Hey thanks for finding that photo and for asking how I went! :smile:

I was very happy with my performance considering the competition... A lot of the cars had competed at either this year or last year’s World Time Attack at Eastern Creek.

I did a personal best of 58.7 on the clubman circuit which put me in 3rd place in the forced induction class and position 9 for the top ten shootout in the afternoon. For comparison, Mark Berry (GTR from this year’s time attack) did a 55.6 and winner eventually did a 54.7. Okay so yes I was 4 seconds off the first place but I was also the only car in the top ten which was a road registered car and didn't arrive on a trailer! I did drive to and from the track!

Unfortunately I had a rear tyre disintegrate at 200kph down the straight during the last timed session, so I had to put on my old Toyo 888's for the top ten shootout... Finished 10th (yes last :redface:) with a 1:01.5

I was warned that the tyres I was using on the rear may disintegrate as they were 7 years old! They did!!! lol. But I got a few runs out of them before they did let go! 4 year old Toyo 888's on the front had virtually no grip and had me under steering all day!

So I am very pleased to learn that just changing the rear two tyres with a new (but old manufacture date) set of Yokohama's made me 3 secs a lap faster and put me in reach of lighter, faster, dedicated time attack track cars with twice the horsepower. It also confirms (to me) that I am driving the car to it's current capability and I am not the critical limiting factor.

I do believe there is so much more in the car if I can get the wheels, tyres and sizes sorted!

Some info on the Jap Nationals up here in Qld...

http://www.boostcruising.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=2133241
Photo gallery:

http://www.trackphotos.com.au/p855117042

Cheers

Mike

Back