• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mequiar's ScathcX 2.0

Have anyone tried it ( or mother's) for removing swirl marks and light scratches?

The Mequiar's claimed it is clear coat safe and will not create new scratches in the process.

^^what would you recommend for scratch then?? i had this one scratch about 2inches long, i want it gone. not deep..i'm thinking it's just the clear coat scratch..

A friend of mine has tried ScratchX and seemed to have good results... All I can say is I personally gave Mequiar's SwirlX a shot and it helped remove a ton of swirls in my Berlina Black NSX. I'd say you may as well give it a shot... if it doesn't work, you're only out, what, $8? :D

I tried the ScratchX and it removed some of the very fine surface hairline scratches and swirl marks. I applied it by hand.

Mequiar also has the polish which maybe stronger than ScratchX in removing scratches. I think SwirlX is less so than the ScratchX. I went with the ScratchX because I was worry that the polish maybe too strong and screw up the paint.

Check out the Mequiar's site.

Try the Quixx scratch remover system, youtube it to see the videos first as you have to wetsand a bit. I was afraid to do it but it turned out to be no big deal.

Here is the scoop on those fine scratches and angel scratches as well as swirl marks. You trully need a good buffer to really get them out. Anything you get out by hand is usually only being filled. Most of the so called scratch and swirl products out in the stores have fillers in them which means, you spend 1-2.5 hours rubbing on your car or longer if you really work it in, then after a couple months of washes you begin to see more swirls and scratches. The reason is cause the filler is coming out.

The best way to remove the scratches that are light scratches is with a filler free compound and a machine and then check after each pass with alchohol and distilled water wipe down. If the scratches are gone then they are really gone. If not, then you do another pass.

Hope this helps

Mequiar's ScratchX 2.0 is the commercial version of M205 Ultra Finishing Polish. It is very good. I scratched my bumper very very bad (installing the new valence) and with ScratchX 2.0, random orbiter, and a orange pad I able to buff it out. It took time - multiple passes (multiple days). The formula uses the Super Micro Abrasive Technology found in M105 and M205.

I followed with the SwirlX to bring out the shine. I then buffed the rest of the car out with SwirlX. I'm going to upgrade to the M205 when I get my car back from SOS.

Back