• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mercedes SLS AMG 2010

shawn110975

Suspended
Guys I just saw a Mercedes I didnt know what kind intill i looked it up
this is the first one I have ever seen in Tampa FL. it was this 900 year old guy could'nt even see over the steeringwheel.

when did these things come out? and how many are in the USA?

Check there Mercedes site out. heres the link to the car 571hp Microprocessor fuel injestion V8

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/class/class-SLK

at the top of the page click the SLS tab. its so cool. but I could own 4 houses here in tampa for that much. no thanks

They are just showing up, I think. Supposed to be a great car though I don't like some of the lines. Gullwing doors! :biggrin:

Pictures do not do this car justice. The car is very very striking in person.

How much are they?

I was lucky enough to see a whole bunch of SLSs up close in November at Laguna Seca, I even got to sit in one of them. The SLS might have some Viper-ish styling cues, as whiteNSXs pointed out, (the SLS test mule bodies were Vipers) but I think it is a truly beautiful car.

The SLS AMG is priced at $183K, but that is if you want to wait in line.

This ad might have been posted before, but if not:

http://jalopnik.com/5458710/saucy-schumi-drives-sls-amg-upside-down-in-new-ad

Happy Father's Day

Jack

I recently saw the SLS in person. Again...pictures are worthless. This car is pretty amazing in person. It does look like a European Viper

When ever I'm walking around DT Chicago, I have to visit Bentley Gold Coast. Last week they had a beautiful Bugatti Veyron and this week the new SLS Mercedes.

I think it's gorgeous. MB did a great job with every facet of the car, aesthetics and engineering. It's not glitz and bling. It's an amazingly capable and classy GT car.

Make mine silver w/ red interior, please. :)

I like so want one...

I've seen a few of these in the past few months/weeks. Pics truly don't do justice to this model, in'fact they greatly misrepresent it in terms of presence/proportions. The SLS is truly an exotic (IMVHO), as it easily outclasses its SL stablemate in terms of visual delish'ness.

I believe the MSRP is ~$183k+ (likely ~$200k+ well equipped). If they depreciate like typical SL's, especially AMG versions, I definitely would be beyond enthusiastic to being in the position to acquire one someday.

As much as I love all the late-model / current Aston Martin models, I'd take an SLS over all of them, other than the DB-S which itself is closer to ~$300k (thus a different realm altogether). The DB9, V8-Vantage (even the forthcoming V12-Vantage), California-GT, GranTurismo, SL (yes, also the more expensive SL65 AMG) just don't seem special enough, compared to the SLS.

An R8-V10 or SLS AMG, now that'd be a difficult choice for me. Decisions, decisions... :D

Last edited:
I love the looks of the car, and would gladly drive a black one with the black/camel interior.

Does anyone else see influences from the Mazda RX-8 in the exterior styling cues? Maybe in the grille surround, the back window/deck area, and the lower rear valence? Actually, the more I look at it, it looks like an RX-8 with the front stretched out and the kiddie doors removed.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7OZ_BW8wSE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u7OZ_BW8wSE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nah. I don't like the styling very much either.

I would take any Aston Martin over the SLS hands down.

BTW, apparently there was an SLS that pulled behind me at the Woodward Dream Cruise here in Michigan yesterday. One of my buddies who was a couple of cars back noticed it. I was totally oblivious... staring at the Aston Martin Rapide!

just saw one yesterday. I have seen a couple in the Bay Area.

IMG_4076.jpg

Back