• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Metromile insurance

I'm wondering if anyone here has tried or is using Metromile insurance for their NSX. I got a quote from them yesterday for my 98 NSX and its almost half what I am currently paying with State Farm ($192 instead of $386 every six months, Metromile has the better deductibles). The caveat is that Metromile charge you an additional 4.6 cents per mile driven on top of the monthly base rate but since I only drive a few hundred miles a year then this works out very cheap. They do require a dongle to be attached to the OBD-II which tracks mileage but the GPS feature can be deactivated so that they don't track where you are or what speeds you were doing.

I'm looking for general feedback in terms of their customer service and any hassles in making a claim etc.

I cannot comment on the insurance company but nothing is worse than putting "bigger brother" in your car to track your driving behavior. Wait,,, smog is worse than that... But if you don't drive like a bat out of hell, there's no worry I guess.

OBD II only? I think that would rule out 93 or 94 and earlier. Curious to hear more.

I cannot comment on the insurance company but nothing is worse than putting "bigger brother" in your car to track your driving behavior. Wait,,, smog is worse than that... But if you don't drive like a bat out of hell, there's no worry I guess.

I was interested in Metro Mile insurance. I have a 95 (95's do have OBD2) but when I contacted Metro Mile they told me that their database shows only 96+ NSX's have OBD2. I even offered to send them a pic of my OBD2 but they were not interested. After that I lost interest in them.

Personally if I were you and drive spiritedly at all, I would pass... Your basically installing a police officer into your car at that point...

if you are running a fleet of commuter cars plug away...otherwise stay away

if you are running a fleet of commuter cars plug away...otherwise stay away

Why so?

- - - Updated - - -

Personally if I were you and drive spiritedly at all, I would pass... Your basically installing a police officer into your car at that point...

GPS feature can be deactivated so that it does not track location, speeds and acceleration etc. But I'll read the fine print to see what "deactivation" really means.

- - - Updated - - -

I was interested in Metro Mile insurance. I have a 95 (95's do have OBD2) but when I contacted Metro Mile they told me that their database shows only 96+ NSX's have OBD2. I even offered to send them a pic of my OBD2 but they were not interested. After that I lost interest in them.

They state 1996 or after on their website, which I believe it was legally required in the US to have OBD2 installed. Obviously some foreign cars had this capability before then. But it seems like they have drawn a line in the sand regarding what they want to insure.

Back