• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Michigan check-in & spotting by blodi pt.2

Hey MI Gang:

Check out the pics, etc. on the Cdn board from yesterday's meet and greet. I didn't count them but must have been 15+ NSXs that turned out. I think I represented MI well and actually led one of the groups on our drive. Be thankful that we have much less police presence here than in Toronto. However, that didn't preclude some spirited driving. Neal -- Bram, Owen and the fellow from London, Ont (Butter -- sorry, I forget his real name) said to say hi to you. I also met Shawn from St. Thomas, Ont (near London) and his beautiful /05 with mileage in the low teens. My drive back to MI was done yesterday from 2-6 in the rain. On brand new tires the NSX is quite planted @ 80 mph plus in the wet. Hope to see you all soon.

Best,
Jeff

Repeated NSX sighting -- on my commute home from the office last few weeks (south on Telegraph Road between 12 and 10 Mile Roads) I have caught a glimpse of a red NA1 with a large black wing in my rear view mirror at least 3 times now. Always between 5 and 6 PM. Car usually turns right near or about 11 Mile Road. Anyone here?

Delightful evening!

What more can be said about a Weds tradition that keeps on giving?
Special treat tonight - thanks, all.

OK, what did I miss Neal?

oh my ,,,did they pull a wei-shen......:cool:

Brian took some pictures of the R8 with my phone, but hasn't had a chance to post them on his Flicker site as yet. I promise he'll get them posted early next week. :cool:
Judi

Brian took some pictures of the R8 with my phone, but hasn't had a chance to post them on his Flicker site as yet. I promise he'll get them posted early next week. :cool:
Judi

Here 'ya go!

Now Ryan needs to post up his driver's seat picture!

Brian

oh my ,,,did they pull a wei-shen......:cool:

For sure! :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

While certain Primers were working Race One at Waterford, another was busy driving!

Staging for run down to Toledo Cars-N-Coffee:

2008 F430 Scuderia - flippin' fast and what an exhaust bellow at WOT and up/downshifts :eek:

Toledo CNC was jammed upon our arrival - great turnout. Gthong made the drive down from Fairhaven, MI, and was looking good. Two "beasts" in the background - a green Viper ACR and a Vette with about every Lingenfelter performance mod:

The older couple in this pink T-bird have also shown their Tucker here:

At 11 am about 18 cars staged for a drive over to Port Clinton's (OH) Mon Ami Winery for brunch and meet with Clevo-Akron-Lorain area Ferrari Club members. Ran backroads paralleling the Portage River, and in flat NW farm country this route was about as good as it gets:

It was a beautiful day, and some mighty fine iron showed up, incl. many 430's, 16M, Scuds, P CGT, Gallardo, 360's, a 458, 355's, 2 Aston-Martins, Mercedes-Benz, and a "long beach blue pearl" Spyker:

Departed for the 100 mile drive home, took a break, loaded up the Imola orange and hit Baker's of Milford for their first Cruise-In of the season.
LBBP: 232 miles
Imola: 47 miles

What a day :cool:

Thanks for the pics! oh wow, Carerra GT.... ultra drool, my "When I win the Lotto..." car.

Neal, it was beautiful weather for a driving day. Sorry I missed it.... although I had waaay too much fun doing autocross up in Rochester with the NSX. Total blast! (hey, did you know these cars handle really well?) :eek: :devilish:

Thanks for the pics! oh wow, Carerra GT.... ultra drool, my "When I win the Lotto..." car.

Neal, it was beautiful weather for a driving day. Sorry I missed it.... although I had waaay too much fun doing autocross up in Rochester with the NSX. Total blast! (hey, did you know these cars handle really well?) :eek: :devilish:

Hey Patty glad you liked! I recalled you were auto Xing yesterday - gorgeous weather.
I am the same way about CGT - now I simply need the $350 K to get "in" and the 6% MI sales tax on $350 K (OUCH!) plus the rainy day mega fund for required proper maintenance.......

See you at CJ's tomorrow for NSX group therapy session. :smile:

Hi guys, I should be able to make CJ's tomorrow. I know it has been a while but I have a new (new to me) ride as well. Its not a NSX but a nice capable family car.... E46 M3.

Repeated NSX sighting -- on my commute home from the office last few weeks (south on Telegraph Road between 12 and 10 Mile Roads) I have caught a glimpse of a red NA1 with a large black wing in my rear view mirror at least 3 times now. Always between 5 and 6 PM. Car usually turns right near or about 11 Mile Road. Anyone here?

Saw this one last night on my way home on northwestern. Funny because one of my coworkers showed me a pic of it on his phone that morning.

Saw this one last night on my way home on northwestern. Funny because one of my coworkers showed me a pic of it on his phone that morning.

We'll meet him/her eventually I suspect. Just a matter of time until I wind up beside that NSX on my commute home. Ryan you look good in the R8 -- see if Bree will buy you one!

Best,
Jeff

anyone need a parts car?

[h=2]Acura NSX 2001 for parts - $7000 (Southfield)[/h]<section class="userbody" style="margin: 0px 0px 1.5em; padding: 0px 0px 0.5em; border: 0px; font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; vertical-align: baseline;"><section id="postingbody" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">I have a Acura NSX that was hit in the front. The vehicle still has the engine in tact and other parts for the car. The car and engine only has 10,000 miles on it please call for further info 248-789-9080 thanks

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3788686209.html</section></section>

^^^ I saw that, Nick.........it's a 3.0L auto and frankly quite a mess.
It was hit HARD in the rear (regardless of that the ad says) and it looks like a Honey Badger made its residence in the interior.
(below are a couple pix the seller sent)

Brian

Back