• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Midnight_Raven's Build

are you doing this kit for aesthetics, or wider tires?

lol, My reason would soley be for aesthetics. I always liked the look of the Marga Hill kit. Don't really care if people like it or hate it. Just making it how I like it :).

Update. So I have tried mounting the side skirt which definitely needs work to fit like I want them to fit. Therefore I decided to leave those for last and modify only those pieces to work with the others better. I did decide to try out the front bumper to see how it will look in the flesh. Just used some duct tape to hold it in place so I can preview it. It looks so good. Need to trim some of the front bumper to have less interference with the side fenders but so far it looks like it fits pretty well. With the front I need to make a decision pop up vs fixed. One keeps the car with the classic NSX look (but is heavier and less streamline when up) vs the fixed mount (that would be lighter and better for aero). To compare I photoshopped the covers on so it would look like one piece and took another shot without the cover at a similar angle.

What do you guys think?

I'm really torn on the headlights. I really like the advantages of the fixed mount setup but it definitely alters the classic NSX look. I am not in a rush so I have time to sit on it and think. Either way just wanted to post an update.

Last edited:
Good luck with your project. I'm sure you'll find it satisfying. I really enjoyed doing my 91 exactly the way I wanted it.
So are you going to do the color change now as well? You got my vote for it. :smile:

Thanks cmc140. I am planning on doing a color change as well. I think a Magnum Grey Pearl with this kit would look pretty great.

Another update on the project. I made my decision and decided to go with the pop up look instead of trying to find/buy a set of the Marga Hills headlights kit. With that said I cut the bumper to accept the upper bumper frame and mounted it. Also trimmed the covers to better fit (they were just every so slightly too long. I need to adjust one side that is sitting a little high relative to the driver side hood/headlight area and then I will move on to the rear bumper. I have all my materials for customization of the side skirt as well. I bought fiberglass, epoxy resin, modeling foam, sanding blocks, to make it my own. (Not really planning anything crazy just want it to be a smoother transition with the wide fenders instead of the as designed offset it has.

Cut out shown to use upper bumper frame.

View of front with it all assembled and with turn signals/smoked covers in.

A top down view of the front. You can see the width better. Took this to get a better view of the width increase in the front and rear. Already loving the look.

Last edited:
Update:

I installed the rear diffuser and reinstalled my Mracing mirrors. I also partially mounted the side skirts. Now I think I need to start tweaking everything and start to use the fiberglass I bought to customize the side skirt for a better fit to the body. The tough part is next. Oh I also messed up another insert for the front fender when I was making some adjustments.... now I need to fix that too.

is the car staying sebring?

Kinda reminds me of a drawing I did a few years ago

HondaNSX-1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another update:

Mounted wheels on car and lowered it on the ground to help measure wheel well. I thought I should increase the width of the tires while I'm going widebody, so I don't make this update soley for looks. Which is why I ordered a new set of wheels for the NSX. I'm going to go with BCForged RZ09 in a brushed clear finish. Should have a little more concavity compared to the one picture below.
RZ09-SIDE-4.jpg

I ordered sizes 18x9 +30 and 19x10.5 +25. Planning on running sizes 255/35R18 in the front and 305/30/R19 in the rear. That another 20mm of width for the front and 30mm of width for the rear, compared to my current setup of 235/40R17 and 275/35R18. Hopefully giving me a little extra in cornering grip and making the tire less prone to overheating for autox and track days. I'm still trying to determine what tires I want to run, I have the options of RE-71R, RE-11, AD08R, and R888 in these sizes. Leaning towards RE-11 for their better road manners and better traction in the rain (we autox in all weather conditions).

I went with this finish because with the Magnum Grey Pearl paint, the body is going to be pretty dark in color, so I wanted to have a wheel with some contrast to the body. Also my brakes are black so it was just going to be too dark of a setup. I went with RZ09 because they look just like my current Model 5 and Model 5 on the Marga Hills kit looks so sexy, as you can see below.
13709478874_70429d801e_o.jpg

Some pictures of the model 5 on my NSX. These new wheels should stick out another .75" farther front and rear.

Last edited:
New tires have arrived and new wheels are ready to ship. Haven't really done much with the car for this past month. Too cold to work in the garage so I'm waiting for it to warm up. Update: Got my tracking number for the wheels. They should be arriving late next week :).

New tires. Potenza RE-11 - Sizes 255/35R18 Front and 305/30R19 Rear

New Wheels: BC Forged RZ09 - Sizes 18x9 +30 front and 19x10.5 +25 Rear

Last edited:
Wheels arrived today. They came out great but are a little heavier than expect, I'm measuring 19.7lbs for the 18"x9" wheel and 22.8 lbs for the 19"x10.5" wheel. Either way snapped some pics from different angles and on the passenger side of the car. Looks like it's going to be near flush fit. Tires are suppose to be mounted on Monday so after that I can see if I will have some rubbing issues with this 255 tire. I'm assuming I will at full lock but we will see.

This picture you can see the concave shape I was aiming for.

This is from a more dead on angle.

Pretty close to lining up with the fender. I think when compressed this will result with the tires being just slightly tucked under the fender.

Happy with the look.

Last edited:
Something to be mindful of when running 255s up front is the outside of the tire making contact with the inside of the wheel well (on the chassis) at full lock. Makes me want to try my hand at tubbing, or perhaps fabbing up a tubular front end :tongue: Great looking NSX, and best of luck to you!

Love the wheels AND the tires. This is going to look superb!

Update. Got the tires mounted to wheels and wheels mounted to car. Definitely some rubbing/interference going on during it's range of motion. Need to trim some of the marga hill front bumper and fender to accommodate the size of the tire. Not much is needed just a bit and it should be fine. Besides that it looks really good. Wheels are not poking out alot and are not tucked in too much. Looks just about perfect. One thing I am noticing is that it looks like my passenger wheel sits about 1/4" farther back relative to the driver side wheel. I need to look into this to see what is going on with that. Not sure if it's because of the new fender not being perfectly symmetrical from each side or if the wheel is slightly shifted. I'll update when I find out.

Rear fitment

Front Fitment

Front Quarter shot

Last edited:
Did a little trimming and grinding today. Almost have full clearance all around. I think I still will have a very tiny amount of rubbing at full lock but not enough to really worry about. Still need to determine why one wheel is further forward than the other or vice versa. Either way it's too cold in the garage so I stopped for the day.

I had thought about replacing most of the panels to minimize the amount of panels I had to respray so I ordered a Seibon trunk last week. I received it today. Looks pretty nice. I still need to install that.

I also put in an order for a DF NSX-R style hood and duct. That's currently in the process of being made. I made this purchase because I wanted to add more front downforce so I went with the ducted hood and will also have a duct installed. Hopefully it will help balance out the increase rear downforce generated by the rear wing. Either way that's probably all the updates I'll have for this week.

Last edited:
Looks good. How long before it goes for paint?

Also, can I buy your relay box bracket when you relocate it for the hood duct?
I have one that allows you to mount the relay box down on the frame rail.

Back