• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MO and S. Illinois nsx owners

i have been having trouble with my tcs ever since i had new tires put on (see my tcs acting up thread). it was suggested that i try using another nsx owners wheels to see if it elliminates the problem. however i don't know any of the other nsx owners in the area. i think the closest owner is in st. louis. i am in farmington mo. if any of you are willing to meet up and try swapping tires, please let me know. thanks!

I have an extra set of OEM tires and wheels you can try for a run or two. You'll have to come to my house though. We can do the swap in my garage. I live in St. Louis - West County (about 7 miles from Six Flags). I can't imagine a TCS problem caused by wheels or tires unless they are mismatched (did you try pulling the clock fuse and resetting the ECU?). You may want to PM one of the veteran mechanics here to see if it makes any sense before you make the trip. PM me if you're interested.

I can't imagine a TCS problem caused by wheels or tires unless they are mismatched
Non-stock tire sizes can cause the TCS to activate. The TCS activates based on the ratio of the outer diameter of the front tire to that of the rear. Theoretically the ratio has to differ by more than 5 percent from stock, but there are other variables involved, such as the difference in actual tire sizes from the ones on the label. The difference in outer diameter between a new tire and one that is worn and needs replacement is around 2 percent.

(did you try pulling the clock fuse and resetting the ECU?).
The ECU has nothing to do with the traction control.

OK, so based on that info, tire size could matter (mine are way off OEM size and spec with no problems, but I did keep the 1 inch diameter difference front to rear of OEM). Tell us what size and make tires (front and rear) you're running. Maybe someone else has this same combo with no TCS problems?

as i posted in my tcs thread, my fronts are 215/45/16 and rear are 245/40/17. these are stock sizes for the 2001 wheels i am running on my 91. again, i had the rear tires replacedin the fall anf the front a few weeks ago, with the same sizes that were on there before, just different brands. i have no idea if this is tha problem, but some of the guys think it's worth a shot. i will call a dealer tomorrow, and if they don't know, i might be makin a trip to st. louis.

Back