• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Monza

About my personal experience I think there was about 10/12 KMH of different btw the two cars maybe a little bit more without the air cut of his car.
Do you agree David

Andrea

vivisticker.jpg

Originally posted by andrea:
About my personal experience I think there was about 10/12 KMH of different btw the two cars maybe a little bit more without the air cut of his car.
Do you agree David

Yes, probably something around 10/15 km/h !

I think it's at such high RPM that you really notice the effects of your headers !

And yes, Enzo still have the cats on his NSX !

David

[This message has been edited by Enzo (edited 16 July 2002).]

David (I know that for some people it is confusing that we have a Enzo and a Enzo/David
wink.gif
),
is it not that maybe the more km the car has the faster it goes? Both Enzo and Andrea are going in the 200k km direction... the question remains, why is Enzo's so fast with only the Comptech exhaust?

The car with more Km maybe could be fast at High rpm beacause the piston ring are more thin but they loose a little bit on acceleration cause less compression maybe its for that I think but usualy I prefer to have less KM
smile.gif
but i must to keept what I have
smile.gif

About Headers I agree with David with my configuration my car now are more faster to reach Higher RPM remember That I don't have cat. But I saw the original headers and they look like the FIAT 127. So I can understand the true steel headers give to the NSX realy good performance.

Andrea
vivisticker.jpg

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
is it not that maybe the more km the car has the faster it goes?

If this theory is true...Guus's NSX must be DAMN FAST !!!!!!!!
wink.gif

Guus, how many km now ? 300000 km already ?

Regards,

David

Dutchy,
yes I've met him several times (he lives less than 100km from here), why?

It must be weight related.........

The only problem I have had was a thermostat failure in slow city traffic, causing the engine to overheat. Apart from that, no troubles at all. It doesn't even use any oil to speak about.

But I haven't tested the compression yet...

GeeTee

David,
maybe Enzo's car is really advantaged by having the Comptech as people are arguing in the main list that it gives 8rwhp onn the dyno. I normally consider my Tubi as a 0rwhp upgrade in reality but a 80rwhp in sound!
wink.gif

David,
maybe Enzo's car is really advantaged by having the Comptech as people are arguing in the main list that it gives 8rwhp onn the dyno.

Our "soon to be planned" NSX dyno day will tell the truth !
wink.gif

I regret now not to have done some laps with my NSX (dynoed at 290HP) at Monza to have a comparison with Enzo and Andrea but I was afraid to damage one of my 3 pieces wheels !

You know how difficult to find my Axia wheels are nowadays !
wink.gif

Next year, I will come with my black wheels !

David

David,

You mind posting youre dyno runs ?

(or you did already, and i've bin sleeping....)

Mich

OK !

power.jpg

torque.jpg

Here's a picture of my car on the dyno :
dyno2.jpg

And here's a picture of the blower used to simulate high speed wind effect :
dyno3.jpg

I don't know if it's true but I heard that Honda use the same dyno to measure engine at the factory.

Great pics, and stories of the Monza trip. Are there any more events planned this summer? We really should take the NSX to the Europe mainland and have some fun!

Kevin

Please find all european throphy events at:

http://www.nsx.ch

Do note in another thread that where trying to get most of us euro-guys at least once together this year at Spa.
Definetely for the English a good travel distance.

Hope David and Gheba will be able to make it after all.

Mich

I'm curious, what effect does the wind simulation have on the performance of the car on the dyno? I'm a little confused....

-Electro

Originally posted by Electro:
I'm curious, what effect does the wind simulation have on the performance of the car on the dyno? I'm a little confused....

-Electro

I think it blow enough air to test the effect of a direct air intake.

Back