• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

More turkeys: This time it's Lambos

Lamborghini Gallardo crash

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/a6d_1326127258"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/a6d_1326127258" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Ouch. I have to say that if I was rich enough to afford a Lambo I would invest in some high performance driving school or have a track car to learn how to drive the thing (or don't drive like a fool in the first place). I think these guys just buy these really powerful cars with very different then they're used to handling characteristics and they get into trouble.

I am purely looking at the accident and not getting into any debates on what he was participating in while driving.

It looks like the VI Gallardo wasnt skilled enough to know how to control his car properly. If you notice he refused to touch the brakes until it was too late.. big NO NO in my book. Also if you watch as he moved over (not discounting the giallo SL) and since he couldnt go three lanes and i didnt notice the signal he should have tapped the brakes and dipped behind the SL.

any driver knows if youre going fast enough and you swing the wheel left then right then left again the back is coming out if your foot is still on the gas

Either way just glad to see only the VI was hurt and from the drive by didnt look TOO bad.

Last edited:
If you're truely willing to risk other peoples lives, should you be allowed to drive on public roads? I think - NOT!

+1 I couldnt of said it any better. These people should have their licenses taken away until they sell there sports car and buy a minivan or something like that.

Ouch. I have to say that if I was rich enough to afford a Lambo I would invest in some high performance driving school or have a track car to learn how to drive the thing (or don't drive like a fool in the first place). I think these guys just buy these really powerful cars with very different then they're used to handling characteristics and they get into trouble.

Yeah. no nsx owner would buy a mid engine sports car without first going to school.

Yeah. no nsx owner would buy a mid engine sports car without first going to school.

I'm sure there have been more then a few NSX owners that have done something similar to what these Lamborghini guys did but last I checked NSX's don't cost 200k. Also let's face it our NSX's don't have Lamborghini power (unless you've written a blank check to Lovefab or comptech). Plus I'd like to think that we NSX owners are a bit more responsible:smile:

Now, if that car on the far left lane (fast lane, passing lane etc etc) was on the middle lane (WERE SLOW TRAFFIC MUST BE) so all those crazy people could pass ....

Oscar

If you're truely willing to risk other peoples lives, should you be allowed to drive on public roads? I think - NOT!
I too agree.

My twist?
If you get a DUI, you should get your license revoked for life. I can't believe people put other peoples lives at risk just because they're stubborn. Screw your life, if you're foolish enough to drink-n-drive I could care less whether you live or die, it's the innocent person that you may kill or paralyze that I care about.

My 2¢.
As for the lambo.....why is it that such people have obviously established themselves enough to afford a Lambo aren't intelligent/established enough to know not to do such crazy things??

I was watching one of those car shows on Speed and they had a stunt driver showing the host that just letting go of the steering wheel when you're out of control will allow the car to "self correct" and begin going straight again. I don't think I would be able to do it. Maybe in a controlled area like a runway but with a jersey barrier 30 feet to my left it's another story. Like others have said, over correction was the problem here.

Re: More turkeys: A chicago turkey!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1pgm8I0B8bY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The guy loosing control should have gunned it and point the car straight forward. it looks like he let his foot off the gas and was over correcting often....

I was wondering if this is what you should do in this situation myself especially with the mid engine and most of the weight in the back i am glad someone else thought this now i don't feel dumb. I heard with Porsche you definitely would wanna hit the gas if your back end is stepping out to get the weight on the rear end and hook up. I don't have any real experience though just reading and thinking.

The crash doesn't look too bad

It seems he'll be back on the streets soon

From the looks of it, he wanted to pass from the right to the left but the other Lambo blocked that maneuver so he had to break very hard to avoid rear ending the cars in front and lost control. I think the Lambo is really hard to control under very heavy breaking

All the fun

Re: More turkeys: A chicago turkey!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1pgm8I0B8bY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr thinks he's cool turns into mr idiot in a matter of seconds, poor car.

Plus I'd like to think that we NSX owners are a bit more responsible:smile:

Yes we are. After owning a couple of NSX's and a Lambo G car, I can see the vast differences of the two cars. They must be driven differently and at the same time with responsibility. One issue I have found a lot with the Lambo was that because of it's appearance, everyone on the road wants to see what it can do. You need to exercise restraint at all times around other cars and people. NSX owners are a refined bunch that understand precision over just raw guts.

Back