• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Most miles put on in 2-week period

Most miles posted in 2-week period

• 0 - 200 miles (do not disturb the sleeping garage queen)

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • 200 - 1K miles (daily driver and then some)

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • 1 - 3K (bought her and drove her home)

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • 3K+ (sold the house to buy this car, i sleep in it, and it goes where i go)

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
I'm about to drive my car from Dallas to California, and back, and thought who else on Prime is crazy enough to put on enough miles in two weeks that will last most owners a year.

I've owned mine now for 3-1/2 months. In that 3 month period, I've put on about 9-10k miles. Drove her home from Houston to Colorado. Then a few long mountain drives. Then our recent trip from colorado to california, where I DD her for a month while on vacation. Now THAT is a good amount of miles.

1800 mi So Cal to New Orleans 4/2006
5K since 8/20/06

I really need to start dirving more....1 year anniversary coming up on September 5th.....only driven 3400 miles!

In June 2004 I drove mine from Colorado to New York and back again. Almost exclusively 2-lane roads the whole way. Drove one day for 14 hours and could not believe how comfortable the NSX is.

Total mileage about 4200. These cars are ment to DRIVE -- not pick up dust in the garage!

I drove from Las Vegas, to San Antonio, to Las Vegas, to Montgomery, AL in a little under 2 weeks....but not in the NSX :)

I bought my Z in July 2001 and then proceeded to caravan with a few other crazy FL drivers to Elkhart Lake for NSXPO 2001. In 2 weeks we placed a good 3000 miles on our cars. It was worth everyone of them....

How about 2000 miles in 36hrs !!! :eek:

From Arizona to Wisconsin, straight. Basically stopping only to fill gas, and fill myself up with redbull :biggrin:

ask Mark B...

whatisreal7 said:
I'm about to drive my car from Dallas to California, and back, and thought who else on Prime is crazy enough to put on enough miles in two weeks that will last most owners a year.

Pls. do another thread on your prep'... :cool:

Ex. service/maint' checks, detailing, protective gear (vinyl-overlays w/ heat-gun, bra, panties... :p), tire-pressure, cargo/luggage-placement, etc'. . .

On topic...

I was fortunate enough to acquire my NSX from Dallas, an afternoon's drive from my residence in ATX... :D If things work-out favorably, I plan to drive to NSXPO in FL'.

Re: ask Mark B...

I still haven't put a 1000 miles on my s2k since i bought it 6 months ago, so i'm off to a good start! When i get my nsx she'll be a garage keeper.

Mine was a daily driver in Germany. I drove her from Hanua(right near Frankfurt), Germany dow to Italy a couple time, drover her from Hanua to Paris twice, and then to Normandy once. Hmm...Yeah the EX wife said, "buy the car, I divorce you!" Well, not only did I buy the car, BUT HEAVILY MODIFIED after I got it.:biggrin:

wowz...

btcog82 said:
Mine was a daily driver in Germany.

Growing up, that was dream of mine Brandon! I'm envious, no lie... I hope to do a tour of Europe via NSX, or atleast Deutschland/Schwietz/Osterreich just to see the scenery (and WWI/WWII sites as well as surrounding areas of Belgium, Nederlands, etc').

As Ken said: I drove from Dallas to NSXPO 04 in New York (the ONLY Texas representative, you guys should hang your heads in shame...:tongue: ).

Round trip, with detours in PA & OH, plus all the driving in NY, to include two fantastic days at the Glen: 5200 miles in 12 days.

Most comfortable road trip I've ever taken.

Mitch should jump in here. :biggrin:

I put on 2000 miles in 30 hours when I bought mine. That's more than I've put on in the last 18 months. :redface:

Back in 99' I did a round trip from Orlando to NSXPO Monterey, CA. The trip was about 7,000 miles round trip with various stops in San Francisco, Reno, St. Louis, etc. This was done within a 2 week period in my old black 92' NSX. I had a co-pilot, so the driving was not that bad. No problems the entire time. Car ran strong.

Some of you are animals...

I did SanFran, to LA, to Grand Canyon, to Penna. in 5 days. Covered 3612 miles. And no tickets, but had a nice talk with a West Texas trooper over the merits of the 3.0L engine. :biggrin:

Accoring to my bro...

Two weeks ago...

August 14th, 2006.

LA to Seattle on I-5. 160mph 10 miles south of Portland @ 3:00am; the car will not go faster, two attempts - Too much down force on a windy night (Type R aero). South of Olympia Washington, got a speeding ticket for going 86. After arriving in Bellevue WA, quick glance on Prime realized he was suspended by the forum... What an idiot..lol

Auguest 19th, 2006
Seattle to LA, through Oregon coast looking for Goony's location, didn't find it. Through the Grape Vine, race a F430, C5 Z06, and AMG E55. Got his ass kicked by the F430, lucky no speeding ticket during that uneventful event.

Total miles driven in six days... around 3200 miles... With Type R suspension, Status racing bucket, no cruise control because of Type R steering wheel... He claimed that this so called "once a year tradition with the NSX" will never happen ever again. Perhaps he can put his brand new S2k for a good use next year.

Back