• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Motorcycles???

Do you own one?

• Yes

Votes: 40 63.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I used too own one.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I want one!

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
I rode a 125 cc 2-stroke my senior year of high school and first 2 years of college. After those 3 years I concluded I would end up wrapped up around a phone pole so I switched to 4 wheels. I had a 50 cc scooter a few years ago, managed to keep it upright, sold it when I moved north. I always crave a 400 cc Vespa.

Miner

I rode a 125 cc 2-stroke my senior year of high school and first 2 years of college. After those 3 years I concluded I would end up wrapped up around a phone pole so I switched to 4 wheels. I had a 50 cc scooter a few years ago, managed to keep it upright, sold it when I moved north. I always crave a 400 cc Vespa.

Miner

I am kind of like you. I live in Pacific Heights in San Francisco so I can't really drive or park the NSX anywhere. I walk or take a taxi everywhere. Sometimes I think about buying a Vespa and then I see all of those chicks driving their Vespas around and think I really don't want to go there. Other times I think about buying a Harley. Don't know. Would be nice to have a vehicle to drive down to Trader Joe's or Whole Foods and not worry about parking.:confused:

On the other hand, people driving cars in San Francisco are not too motorcycle friendly.

I had a few bikes in the past. Once purchased one in England and drove it around Europe for about six months, but that was YEARS ago.

Last edited:
I've been daily 'driving' motorcycles, typically sport bikes, for the past 5 years. A lot of people that have known me for several years have never seen me drive a car. Cars have slowly developed in to my luxury/fun vehicles instead of the other way around.

Vespa's are like fat chicks there fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you riding one:wink:

Vespa's are like fat chicks there fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you riding one:wink:

lol Actually, it seems like there are a number of HOT chicks driving Vespas here in San Francicso. Agree, I don't want to be driving a Vespa.:biggrin:

Quite the Coincidence ...

I just picked up my 2008 R6 yesterday ... I'll take some pics of it with the NSX soon.

Attachments

• yama_r6.jpg
    yama_r6.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 85
i used to ride a lot. did track days fairly often. but i no longer ride because the fun factor doesn't outweigh the possibly permanent consequences. i was really wild in my younger years but life has sometime shown me more than i'd like to see. but still i refuse to sell my bikes, they're been a part of me for a long time and i would like to display these items in my house in the future. at the moment, i own a 2001 honda RC51, and two 1967 honda cub 90 that i'm restoring. i do plan to ride the cub 90 in the future, but the RC51, i'm going to let that thing collect dust til it ends up in a museum.

I have owned 5 R1's and a 04 Gixxer 1000. I'm currently bikeless to please the wife but the withdrawls never go away.:frown:

Drifter,

You're thinking mopeds.:biggrin:

Vespa's are the epitome of cool. You just have to have a set of nads to ride it, yet be meterosexual enough to want to. Think George Clooney or Finch (from American Pie - woos Stifler's Mother).

Miner

I sold my 05 American Iron Horse Outlaw to buy my NSX. It was the third motorcycle i've owned in the last 10 years and i think they are finally out of my system. They use to be fun when i was young and had friends who owned them. My wife doesn't like riding and i don't go many places by myself unless i have to get something and the motorcycle was worthless for those trips.

i used to ride a lot. did track days fairly often. but i no longer ride because the fun factor doesn't outweigh the possibly permanent consequences. i was really wild in my younger years but life has sometime shown me more than i'd like to see. but still i refuse to sell my bikes, they're been a part of me for a long time and i would like to display these items in my house in the future. at the moment, i own a 2001 honda RC51, and two 1967 honda cub 90 that i'm restoring. i do plan to ride the cub 90 in the future, but the RC51, i'm going to let that thing collect dust til it ends up in a museum.

I am with you on that one! Things changed for me after getting married. My wife did not mind me riding, but I had a heightened desire to stay alive. I used to ride pretty hard, but am a good rider. Had the following bikes:

197? Honda 500 Four
198? Yamaha Seca 550
1974 Honda 400 Four Super Sport
1980 Moto Morini 500 Sport
1985 Kawasaki GPZ 550
1997 Honda CBR1100XX
2000 Honda VTR1000

I still have the 400 and the CBRXX but don't ride much at all. I feel the same way as you do about your RC51 and Cub!

Nate in DC

Last edited:
My first bike was an '03 CBR 600RR. Now I'm riding an '06 CBR 600RR. loving it. Earlier this year, my buddies and I rode down to Rosarito, Mex for the yearly bike fest down there. It was televised on Speed, Superbikes! show. I have not seen that episode, but friends tell me I come out in it.

I have a '74 Kawasaki Z1 900. My dad bought this bike in 1976 and gave it to me a few years ago...I have done quite a bit to it since I got it...I love it...I have people offer to buy it from me about every other time I take it out for a ride, it was the fastest production bike ever at the time....and still gets a lot of respect...
When I got it.....
Image001.jpg

and now.....
DSC07048%20copy-2.jpg

You have a nice collector piece there. I can't tell you how many of those I've owned back in the day when they were'nt worth much. Keep it forever.

You have a nice collector piece there. I can't tell you how many of those I've owned back in the day when they were'nt worth much. Keep it forever.

Thanks, I plan on keeping it forever (like my nsx). Its funny how I get so many people who used to own one approaching me about it...including 2 police officers...one pulled me over simply to get a closer look at it and to see if I wanted to sell it. Another pulled into a gas station where I was gassing it up and was really excited about it and asked me to please get on it when I left the gas station...who am I to argue with an officer of the law?:wink:
Here is just how long I have known the bike.....this was about 1981....
2844685410_e43920c124.jpg

Thanks, I plan on keeping it forever (like my nsx). Its funny how I get so many people who used to own one approaching me about it...including 2 police officers...one pulled me over simply to get a closer look at it and to see if I wanted to sell it. Another pulled into a gas station where I was gassing it up and was really excited about it and asked me to please get on it when I left the gas station...who am I to argue with an officer of the law?:wink:
Here is just how long I have known the bike.....this was about 1981....
2844685410_e43920c124.jpg

That's a rare event you have there, I'd keep the bike for as long as possible as well.

Since everyone else is doing it
the 'stealth' (right after I bought it, I got new tires soon after don't worry)
954rr-1.jpg

great street bike, huge torque even at 3k rpms with the 1200cc motor, put some miles on it too
2001suzuki-2012.jpg

zuke5.jpg

i think i like black
zx6r2.jpg

<B>blodi</B> -- that photo of you on the bike as a kid is priceless. dont sell that bike!

<B>sahtt</B> -- got any more photos of the stealth? That looks seriously bada$$ (btw, that huge exhaust looks like it would show up on radar :D )

Drifter,

You're thinking mopeds.:biggrin:

Vespa's are the epitome of cool. You just have to have a set of nads to ride it, yet be meterosexual enough to want to. Think George Clooney or Finch (from American Pie - woos Stifler's Mother).

Miner

Vespa's cool????
i sure don't think so i find them very "girly" you see a lot of them these days.
I prefer a manual gearbox i don't like those scooters.

Back