• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Moving to Savannah

Good Morning,

I am moving to Savannah in Early Oct. I am putting my feelers out there to see if anyone can help me out with information about the area and where to look for living and what have you. Any and all information about this will be apreciated.

Thank you for your time

Good Morning,

I am moving to Savannah in Early Oct. I am putting my feelers out there to see if anyone can help me out with information about the area and where to look for living and what have you. Any and all information about this will be apreciated.

Thank you for your time
Reach out to NETVIPER, YEAIWONDER. There are a couple of guys here that live or use to live in SAV.

I live in Savannah and have been here all my life. Happy to help, you can call me. My office is 912-352-0820 ask for David or my cell 912-844-4424

I live in Savannah and have been here all my life. Happy to help, you can call me. My office is 912-352-0820 ask for David or my cell 912-844-4424

Funny David - I was just about to recommend you...

Oh, thank you so much for the intro to your buddies - I got 5 minutes of radio time - didn't mention your name - but we sure did mention the car!

Thanks Jackie, hope the radio sho was worthwhile, wish I could have heard it. Can't wait for the Dark Side just over a month away!:biggrin:

You guys should come down to JAX this weekend for the cars and coffee. Starts at 9 at the Rivercity Mall. About 1:45 min from the corner of i-95 and i-16.

Hey Dave:

How have you been? Enjoying Jacksonville? Can't make it this weekend I am having a 30th high school reunion. Maybe some other time.

David

You guys should come down to JAX this weekend for the cars and coffee. Starts at 9 at the Rivercity Mall. About 1:45 min from the corner of i-95 and i-16.

I'll be rolling through Sav to hang with Dave this weekend. Taking the car for the cars and coffee down there

Hey Charles:

That's the way go down there and show those corvettes what a real car looks like.

David:biggrin:

man ive been thinking about a c6 or an m3....Im just to big for this car now....so i might be selling mine soon....

I highly recommend the C6. Tons of storage, lots of room inside the car. Feels like a luxury car compared to a NSX. A Faster Luxury Car. :biggrin:

Hey Dave:

How have you been? Enjoying Jacksonville? Can't make it this weekend I am having a 30th high school reunion. Maybe some other time.

David

Hi David,

I have been doing well. Started my own business doing websites, SEO and Pay per Click. Going well so far.

How are things with you? You ever got a comptech for that auto? You were looking at a noble for a while i recall.

haha yes I had mine turbod for a little while there....with a gt45 and finally got it widebodied...but now im just ready to get rid of it...

Re: Moving to Savannah/ Need Mechanic

Thank You to everyone. I have been in the area now for a week. I drove out from Texas on the 5th. I enjoyed the drive. I just got some internet hooked up. I will be writing down everyones information to contact them. There is one thing I am hoping to find. Is someone who can recommend a good mechanic in the area or close to the area. Car is running really, and I mean really rough. No codes or nothing. its running high and rough in the morning, even after warm up. I have tried all the tricks of disconecting this 02 sensor or this 02 sensor. Nothing! car shakes, some serious motor vibes then like a switch it stops. then it starts again. very interesting. tried fuel injector cleaner and nothing. tried cleaning the throttle body the best I could nothing. I did notice what looked like oil or something in around the air box inlet. cleaned that out and still nothing. Dont know what to do to it next. So if there are some car guys in the area or someone that can recommend someone that would be great.

Thank you for your time

Dave:

Mall Auto repair is excellent for most everything you need. They can't do everything on NSX but what they can't do they will tell you. They are extremely honest folks there. NSX specific stuff I take to the Acura dealership. Not everyone has liked them but I have never had a problem there and they have a NSX certified guy there. Oster was around here and know NSX's from what everyone has said but I havn't seen or hard from him in quite a while. Mall Auto's phone number is 912-925-2233. Ask for Rick (the owner) or Sam the head mechanic and you can use my name (David Rubnitz) They know me well there as they work on all 5 of my cars and do all my techs for the track.

Best of luck, give me a call when you get a chance. I was born and raised here and at age 48 know pretty much everything about the area.

Dave, haven't heard from you recently, are you getting settled in now? Did you get the NSX running right? You should come out to poker at the first city club again after the new year.

David

Back