• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mugen Widebody kit

This kit first showed up 5 years ago (2000 Tokyo Auto Salon)
I was wondering if it's a production model... :confused:

3291b.jpg

it looks nice and clean all around except for the hood and especially the front facsia. The face must be the ugliest on the market for the NSX.

Looking good! Any more pics or info? Is everyone sure this was made by Mugen, not just someone who got the wheels, seats, and sideskirts, plus a custom widebody and front-end? I've just never seen this one before!

Regarding production, all I can say is that Mugen does have a history of producing prototyes that never get any farther than their showroom. Did their F-40 lookalike kit with the fixed lights ever get produced? I don't think it did...

Jeff

Well you can see models of the Mugen 'teg and what looks like an S2000?

Either way I think it looks awsome(skirts,facia and hood) and would like to throw that on my car when I get it.

LS1NSX said:
Well you can see models of the Mugen 'teg and what looks like an S2000?

Either way I think it looks awsome(skirts,facia and hood) and would like to throw that on my car when I get it.

That's a good point. Actually they look like that same NSX and the two s2000 styles. And I think they're the 1/5th or whatever models they use for wind tunnel tests.

So nobody knows if this was ever produced? How about this blue one below? I've only ever seen this photo and of course the red one they've got at Mugen HQ =) Never seen pics of it on the street or anything... Wonder if it made it into production?

Jeff

Attachments

• 92mugen_nsx_1.jpeg
    92mugen_nsx_1.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 815
jeff_L said:
So nobody knows if this was ever produced? How about this blue one below? I've only ever seen this photo and of course the red one they've got at Mugen HQ =) Never seen pics of it on the street or anything... Wonder if it made it into production?
Looks like they copied the Ferrari F40 headlights and took some cues from the rear end also. The vents behind the rear wheels resemble the Ferrari 250 GTO.

Back